• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm pretty sure there's no fans anywhere right now

I think Dallas was planning on having fans.

EDIT: Looks like they are, I bet there are others just judging from the NFL games I have seen. Florida/Tampa Bay I am sure are going to have fans.

EDIT2: Bolts decided against it even though the state was ok.

Dallas
Arizona
Florida

I thought possibly Nashville as well but I guess not.

Last edited:

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: Looks like they are, I bet there are others just judging from the NFL games I have seen. Florida/Tampa Bay I am sure are going to have fans.

There's something very NHL about a team planning to have fans in the building and then immediately having an outbreak themselves that requires their games to be delayed.

And of course who could forget Eugene Melnyk's hilarious Twitter post yesterday morning about how the Sens have proposed having ~6000 fans at games that he had to walk back about two hours later when the province unveiled new stay at home orders (well, "stay at home," really).

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
Even without Tank Commander Howard this year, it's going to be another rough season.

top 3 pick please

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

This will be......interesting.

1R5e.gif

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017

EDIT2: Bolts decided against it even though the state was ok.

Dallas
Arizona
Florida

I thought possibly Nashville as well but I guess not.
I'm assuming that most non North division teams will have fans in the stands before the end of the season. They might limit it to 1/4th capacity, or only to vaccinated people, but asses will be in seats.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm assuming that most non North division teams will have fans in the stands before the end of the season. They might limit it to 1/4th capacity, or only to vaccinated people, but asses will be in seats.

Yeah, these are all at 25% from what I believe. I went to the Rose Bowl here in Dallas and it was a ghost town at 25%. Parking and Traffic was very easy.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a painfully long time since the Sharks have played, and an even longer time since they played an important game. I don't know if they can still be good in the current climate, because they are truly an old ass team, but I am at least hopeful for a competent season.

The biggest problem continues to be the fact that the defense is reliant on the health of a few injury prone players. Not sure that a compacted season will help that!

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Me either. I'm almost as excited to see K'Andre Miller.
I'm much more excited to see what K'Andre can do, honestly. Our offense was already dope as shit last season. If Kakko can become the player everyone expects him to be and Lafreniere is even a fraction of what everyone thinks he can become, then our top 9 will just be ludicrously stacked. Potentially 3 legit scoring lines that you have to game plan for.

Meanwhile, the defense has Jack Johnson, Brendan Smith, and the curious case of Tony DeAngelo. It, uh, could use the help.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm much more excited to see what K'Andre can do, honestly. Our offense was already dope as shit last season. If Kakko can become the player everyone expects him to be and Lafreniere is even a fraction of what everyone thinks he can become, then our top 9 will just be ludicrously stacked. Potentially 3 legit scoring lines that you have to game plan for.

Meanwhile, the defense has Jack Johnson, Brendan Smith, and the curious case of Tony DeAngelo. It, uh, could use the help.
My only real concern with the top 9 is the second line center position. Strome did a decent job last year, but I would prefer a more skilled player there. I think Kakko showed a lot in their brief stint in the playoffs last year and hope that does carry over into this season. But, yeah, I'm in agreement with you on the D. It is certainly flawed. I'm hoping that Trouba has a bounce back year -- he showed signs at the end of the season and in their brief playoff showing -- of the player he was the year before. I'm still perplexed about the Johnson signing. It didn't make sense to me when it was done and still doesn't, but maybe they know something everyone else doesn't. But like you, I'm really looking forward to what K'Andre can do. Let's go Rangers!

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I can't stop looking at the helmet ads and new ice ads in the corners. Going to take a while to get used to it.

Also, the NHL Faceoff virtual ad looks bad (tracking is off). Might as well not do it.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go flyers! Glad to see Nolan Patrick in the lineup. I'm wearing my Patrick jersey in support of him

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately we won't have a chat for a few days. There was some confusion over when the nhl season was starting so the chat won't be ready for a few days. The games will be viewable on the nhl66 site. there just won't be a chat.​

From NHL66 stream. I don't believe this at all. I recall the stream having quite a few racist trumpers spamming in it. My guess it they want to avoid that as much as possible.