• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FF-Voting-Results-NHK_01-27-20.jpg

NHK, the national broadcasting organization of Japan, has announced the intermediate results of the "Every Final Fantasy Grand Vote" it began polling for on December 20, 2019.

Rankings covered in the intermediate results include numbers 11 to 30 in "Characters" and "Bosses & Summons," and numbers four to 10 in "Music." The final results will be announced in part two of the program, which airs on February 29. Voting has reopened at the "Every Final Fantasy Grand Vote" website and will remain so until February 11.

The rest and the results at the source:

Final Results revealed:
www.nhk.or.jp

結果発表|全ファイナルファンタジー大投票|NHK

ファイナルファンタジーの全てを網羅したデータベースから、人気作品を視聴者が選ぶ史上初の「全ファイナルファンタジー大投票」。

A total of 468,654 votes were casted in this poll by various people. According to the statistics, Final Fantasy X had about the same percentage of 20-29 year olds and 30-39 year olds voting for it, while Final Fantasy VII and IX had a higher ratio of 30-39 years old to 40-49 years old players voting for them. Source:
www.siliconera.com

Japan's Favorite Final Fantasy Game According to NHK's Grand Poll Is... Final Fantasy X

The results are in for NHK's Final Fantasy Grand Poll, and Final Fantasy X takes the top spot for most popular game, with FFVII in second.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
XIV better have one song in that top 3.

Edit: I wouldn't be shocked if Answers is #1.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Wow... Seeing Emet-Selch beat out the likes of Sephiroth is very intriguing, definitely looking forward to getting to Shadowbringers.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if To Zanarkand is in the top 3. And I see no Tifa or Cloud so I'm assuming they're in the top 10.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
FF7 characters getting that boost Remake period. At least the best villain in FF history is in a decent spot.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Emet-Selch, character from the expansion of an MMO that released very recently beating the legendary Sephiroth sure is something.

And i'm all for it. Emet-Selch is an incredible character.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
no xi or xii representation on any list so far and ozma gets on the boss list higher than trance kuja

ff polls are always a discussion starter

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna chuckle if Ardyn ends up over Emet as Ardyn's the original recipe version of that character, lol.

Still, him getting that high (over Seph) is damn impressive. Also so glad for my girl Terra for moving up so high, Dissidia did wonders for her PR.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee not even one IX character will make the top 10

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised to see Emet-Selch ranked this high, being MMO and he's not handsome when comparing to other guys, I thought he has no chance lol. Well deserved though, he's the best villain in a long time. Made the entire 3 last hours of Shadowbringers so heart wrenching.

I just finished Shadowbringers last night, and he's amazing. A far more interesting character than Sephiroth.

If you are not already knew about this, I recommend you to read short stories of Shadowbringers. They are great, especially the last two. One of them narrated in his pov.
Tales from the shadow

My prediction for the final character result would be..(not in order) :
Cloud
Zack
Tifa
Aerith
Yuna
Tidus
Lightning
Zidane
Vivi
Cecil

As for the music, To Zanarkand must be in the top 3, I hope Dancing mad made it too. Would be great if any of XIV expansion songs get in the top list (Dragon song or Answer), but I doubted it.

Most popular title would be FF7 for sure.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
My "general" guesses.

For Series
1. FF7
2. FFXIV

For Characters
1 - 10 will contain most of the FF7 cast, maybe 1 - 2 FFXIV character, and sadly Lightning.

Bosses
I can see, Hades, Innocence, Nidhogg and maybe Alexander from FFXIV showing up.

Music
1. Answers
2. Dragonsong
3. Shadowbringers

;)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My "general" guesses.

For Series
1. FF7
2. FFXIV

For Characters
1 - 10 will contain most of the FF7 cast, maybe 1 - 2 FFXIV character, and sadly Lightning.

Bosses
I can see, Hades, Innocence, Nidhogg and maybe Alexander from FFXIV showing up.

Music
1. Answers
2. Dragonsong
3. Shadowbringers

;)
I doubt most of these XIV picks will be true, it's an MMO, I don't see it beating the offline games in a popularity contest even if we know it deserves it, just look at Emet's spot.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Kefka (and Ardyn) better be in the top 10. Don't let me down, Japanese FF fanbase.
That'd be quite the turnaround given how unpopular Kefka was at the time of FF6's release, and an interesting example at how localisation can actually improve upon something to the point of replacing the original (iirc, they folded Woolsey-Kefka into his original incarnation when making Dissidia).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That'd be quite the turnaround given how unpopular Kefka was at the time of FF6's release, and an interesting example at how localisation can actually improve upon something to the point of replacing the original (iirc, they folded Woolsey-Kefka into his original incarnation when making Dissidia).

It's a little more complicated than that. The Japanese voice actor Square Enix hired to play Kefka in Dissidia is an improv comic, so they let him basically just mess around and do whatever he wanted in the booth. As a result, a ton of his Japanese dialogue is absolute nonsense at worst and at best a bunch of puns and wordplay that don't work in English - so the localization team brought back a lot of the Woolseyisms (son of a submariner, etc) to try and make sense of the absolute mess of a character they were given. Unfortunately it didn't work very well, but they tried.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What was he like in the Japanese version?

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Almost no FFXI representation is gonna be a total bummer, especially on the music and boss fight fronts where I'm sure it won't show up but definitely should :(

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Emet-Selch pretty much made a band of Saturday morning cartoon villains actually very sympathetic

dude deserves to be way higher for that reason alone

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Barret Wallace lower than the Shoopuf rider from FF10..............................................................................................