• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
www.phillyvoice.com

DeSean Jackson shares anti-semitic quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram

The Eagles released a statement on Tuesday morning calling Jackson's posts 'offensive, harmful and absolutely appalling.' The wide receiver also posted an apology.

desean_hitler.width-704.jpg

It takes a lot for me to be surprised by celebrities being extremely stupid and bigoted, but I have to say, I'm taken a bit aback by an NFL player deciding that Hitler is correct about what the Jews are doing and deciding to post this on social media.

Injuries and age have caused Jackson to decline heavily from his days as a top WR so I would expect him to be drummed out of the league for this, but maybe NFL teams are desperate for a 34 year old WR with nothing in the tank except fake Hitler quotes.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stop trying to give Hitler credit for anything. I don't care if it's fake or not, fuck that guy. He deserves nothing but shame

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Alright

I'm jewish and an eagles fan so i guess I gotta be the one to say it

Still not as bad as flicking the ball away on the 1 yard line

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Stop trying to give Hitler credit for anything. I don't care if it's fake or not, fuck that guy. He deserves nothing but shame
It doesnt even matter if it's fake because the end of the quote talks about how WW3 is actually justified and soon people will see that he was right about exterminating the jews which is like crazier than an actual quote

Dude lost his fucking mind

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt even matter if it's fake because the end of the quote talks about how WW3 is actually justified and soon people will see that he was right about exterminating the jews which is like crazier than an actual quote

Dude lost his fucking mind
That's what I'm talking about. I don't care what your point is, I don't care if the quote is real or fake: if your idea starts with "Hitler was right about-..." You need to pump the brakes right there

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I hate this black Americans are the real Jews shit especially when there are actual black jews

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright

I'm jewish and an eagles fan so i guess I gotta be the one to say it

Still not as bad as flicking the ball away on the 1 yard line
I am also both of those things

Why did you remind me of that

Anyway, cut this idiot

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I really noticed it before, but it's wild to me how compatible white supremacy and hoteppery can be. Not only does this trot out the tired "Jewish world domination plot" trope, but it also seeks to soften white people's culpability in anti-black racism and literally legitimize Hitler's genocide of Jewish people. It's kind of a parallel of Dr. Yakub's creation of the "white race": white people act the way they do because they were made that way...by an evil black scientist. Unintentional or otherwise, it removes the agency and responsibility behind racism.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I really noticed it before, but it's wild to me how compatible white supremacy and hoteppery can be. Not only does this trot out the tired "Jewish world domination plot" trope, but it also seeks to soften white people's culpability in anti-black racism and literally legitimize Hitler's genocide of Jewish people. It's kind of a parallel of Dr. Yakub's creation of the "white race": white people act the way they do because they were made that way...by an evil black scientist. Unintentional or otherwise, it removes the agency and responsibility behind racism.
That is why they nicknamed it the Ankh-Right

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that makes it easier to weed out morons from my Fantasy team who will be riding the bench most of the season. Thanks DeSean

Dude went to Berkeley, you'd think some critical thinking would have seeped into his brain just by proximity. Is this asshole a hotep or is he part of Farrakhan's cult?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Sigh, fucking idiot. Unacceptable

And you really gonna do this when your owner and GM are Jewish?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wow no close quote on that one... Hitler literally said all of that, even the "Hitler was right" part

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Wake up to this? C'mon DeSean. WTF?

I'm sure he will issue an apology and walk it back but god damn. Just so stupid and bigoted. He's been a dumbass and done immature stuff in the past but nothing to close to this nonsense. In fact he had seemed to grow and mature quite a bit the last few years. It's why the Eagles brought him back.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
What is the book he is so excitedly reading and highlighting?

Edit:
(*Research suggests the screenshotted passage is from the book "Jerusalem" by Dennine Barnett, as the font in Jackson's post matches text in that book. But Barnett attributes the quote to a book by historian Robert Edwin Herzstein, "The Nazis World War II," published in July 1980.)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine actively seeking Hitler quotes to share with friends and family.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
What is the book he is so excitedly reading and highlighting?

Edit:
(*Research suggests the screenshotted passage is from the book "Jerusalem" by Dennine Barnett, as the font in Jackson's post matches text in that book. But Barnett attributes the quote to a book by historian Robert Edwin Herzstein, "The Nazis World War II," published in July 1980.)
www.snopes.com

Did Adolf Hitler Say He Would Start World War III After His Death?

A quote attributed to the Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler about the start of World War III is a hoax perpetuated by people not inclined to check for themselves.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
You will get some BS apology from Desean and a statement from the Eagles. They can't cut him, even though they probably should. They set their precedent after the Riley Cooper incident. To not cut Cooper, but turn around and cut Desean... would be an awful look... although you can just as easily say "Don't make the same mistake twice" and I would 100% agree

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Here's the thing, I kind of get the Dr. Yakub story as a generic 'All white people are evil' which obviously is fucked up and bigoted, but makes sense considering when the Nation of Islam took hold (jim crow era) and the things black people were facing...lynching etc. Throw a little religion on top of that bigotry and bam, fucked up fairy tale.

My thing is in that case, why is a bigoted belief going to carve a whole separate section for Jews, lol. Wouldn't they just get bundled into the 'All white people are evil!' bigotry, particularly since many hoteps argue they aren't even 'really' jewish by the fact they have heavy Eastern european lineage?

Why single them out? I like my racism consistent and logical so it causes my head hurt less and the anti-semetic strain in many so called pro-black movements just seems like internalized white bigotry, which is almost comical if you think about it.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Desean Jackson doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would even care about this stuff.

Seems very strange to me.

Last time I heard anything about him in the news was when he went on that TV show to meet with a kid who was bullied and he seemed really cool.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You will get some BS apology from Desean and a statement from the Eagles. They can't cut him, even though they probably should. They set their precedent after the Riley Cooper incident. To not cut Cooper, but turn around and cut Desean... would be an awful look... although you can just as easily say "Don't make the same mistake twice" and I would 100% agree

I can see either scenario taking place. He comes out and is contrite and the Eagles say they will deal with it internally (fines or whatever). That said had Riley Cooper done today what he did 7-8 yrs ago, he would have/should have been cut asap. So they can easily cite not making the same mistake twice.

Desean Jackson doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would even care about this stuff.

Seems very strange to me.

Last time I heard anything about him in the news was when he went on that TV show to meet with a kid who was bullied and he seemed really cool.

That is the thing. DeSean was always brash and immature. Chip Kelly at the time used his shenanigans as justification to cut him. Branded him with having gang ties but off the field, he's never been in trouble. He might have been immature and a hothead but never any issues.

And the Eagles brought him back after all these years cause a. he matured and b. because they wanted to correct the mistake of the gang ties hit job when Chip released him. From all accounts, he had matured and was becoming a team leader. Most recently he was becoming more outspoken about BLM and current events.

This is really sad to see.