• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
No, he's a racist. Do you think a QB can be so fucking dumb to say that shit after spending his whole life in a sport dominated by African Americans? After what Colin Kaepernick and others took a knee, and everything that happened after that? He knows what he said and why he said. He was only dumb because he didn't expect the level of heat that came down on him as a result of it. He showed the sort of person he is and always will be. Apologies are just papering over the truth.

I think he's racist too, unless anyone can find me clips of Brees bringing the same energy to people who wave around the confederate flag than I might change my mind.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, any chance Drew had to let this slide just got blown up by his pal Trump.

Brees is now in a position where if he does kneel with his black teammates, he's going to get blasted by Trump. But if he stands, then it's going to be seen as supporting a racist leader. Not that I feel sorry for him.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Cheeto Devil has made Brees into the Golden boy of respecting the flag, he needs to retire - he's a Distraction

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how terrible it's going to look for Brees when a whole bunch of his teammates kneel and he doesn't after that apology yesterday.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
At this point, Brees pissed off the chuds and the non chuds. He's screwed.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
one of the many positives about this protest and movement is that all these closet racists are coming out of the woodwork for us to identify and shame

also Trump is digging his own grave with these awful tweets hopefully

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
EONmAClX4AEamxn

drew-bees-and-trump.jpg

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Brees has an opportunity to potentially save a little face here if he comes out strong denouncing trump.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Brees' true feelings are what he said first. Whatever carefully crafted, bullshit apology he and his PR team came up with after calculating how much money he'd lose is bullshit. Drew Bree's is a 41 year old man who has spent the last 20 years playing football alongside predominately black teammates, playing a good chunk of that in a city with so much african-american culture and history, and developed so little empathy for the plight of african americans in that time that his first reaction to the outrage and protests over a black man being MURDERED by cops is to cape for the flag says everything you need to who he truly is as a person. He's a fucking clown. Fuck him.

May 29, 2019

He plays for New Orleans Saints and he is rather tone-deaf to what everything is going on, shame

his teammate responds, everybody watch it-

Brees' true feelings are what he said first. Whatever carefully crafted, bullshit apology he and his PR team came up with after calculating how much money he'd lose is bullshit. Drew Bree's is a 41 year old man who has spent the last 20 years playing football alongside predominately black teammates, playing a good chunk of that in a city with so much african-american culture and history, and developed so little empathy for the plight of african americans in that time that his first reaction to the outrage and protests over a black man being MURDERED by cops is to cape for the flag says everything you need to who he truly is as a person. He's a fucking clown. Fuck him.

Brees' Timeline.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

Not just 20 years. That lets him off too easy. Brees is from Dallas. He's been on teams that are predominately black his entire athletic career.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shannon Sharpe is on fucking point. Drew Brees has been surrounded by black athletes damn near his entire life, and yet he still says ignorant shit like this.

How the fuck am I supposed to believe that a 41 year old QB in what's probably the last year of his career is finally going to change?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad Trump brought that shit back. They were going to let Brees off easy.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Welp, any chance Drew had to let this slide just got blown up by his pal Trump.

Brees is now in a position where if he does kneel with his black teammates, he's going to get blasted by Trump. But if he stands, then it's going to be seen as supporting a racist leader. Not that I feel sorry for him.

Agreed. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He brought this on himself. He deserves the fallout.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I've always admired the guy because he's a great player and seemed like a really good person. What he said in the beginning of the week was really disappointing, but this is a good start.