• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Shove that apology up your ass, bitch. You reap what you sow, in this case, losing the support of your fans and fellow players who finally can stand up against the type of BULLSHIT you were spouting.

I'd like to imagine Drew Brees reading that.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
You have to post the photo he chose on Instagram. Lol.
pxgdPkf.jpg
Hahaha the photo he chose has me belly laughing early in the morning. Come on Drew lmao

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
God, 3 years and they're still at it with the whole "disrespecting the flag" strawman bullshit. BLM was 5 years ago and people like Brees said "that's not how you protest" and more cops killed more innocent minorities. Kaepernick was 3 years ago and people like Brees said "that's not how you protest" and more cops killed more innocent minorities. And this constant refusal to address, or even acknowledge the problems that these protests have been about has led to today.

A little "sorry I was misconstrued" isn't going to cut it.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't care if he respects the flag for whatever reason. That's his opinion. He did however back a religious group that hates people so fuck him.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.

ah yes the reason why this whole thing never worked. drew brees wasn't leading the black community. now that he is, just like the qb of a football team, racism's days are over!

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Fuck this shit. When anyone says "disrespect the flag" it doesn't mean ripping one it half, setting it fire, or using it to wipe your ass. It's broadened to fit whatever neocons want it to mean to rile up the base.

Quietly protesting police brutality during a flag ceremony? Disrespecting the flag.

A child refusing to say "God" during the pledge? Disrespecting the flag.

Driving a car with a "COEXIST" sticker to a war memorial? Disrespecting the flag.

Enjoying a nice salad in a steak restaurant?Disrespecting the flag.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
The amount of disappointment this left me with is immeasurable. I'm not even trying to meme. Fucking Drew Brees. God damnit, man. And I don't accept his apology, either. He said what he said and I fully believe he got PR'd into making an apology. The tone deafness in his initial response is unreal. If you don't know the kneeling has nothing to do with the fucking flag or the military, there's no helping you. How can you honor something that has no honor, anyway? Fuck 'em.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
How to apologize in 2020:

1. Use video and speak from the heart. Avoid PR writers and prepared statements
  2. Listen to what the grieved parties are saying
  3. Don't make excuses

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
his apology is absolutely fake and meaningless.

if he didn't get it yesterday, he doesn't get it today.

Dec 23, 2017
Honestly guys I don't want his apology nor do I believe it is sincere. People got upset and enough was said to force him to apologize he said exactly what he meant. I know we should be forgiving I just don't believe him.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
ah yes the reason why this whole thing never worked. drew brees wasn't leading the black community. now that he is, just like the qb of a football team, racism's days are over!

Nobody in Drew's life that he trusts explained to him that "I'm sorry, but I'm the way to fix this, get behind me black people" would not be the way to address this situation.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
These knuckleheads better watch it, because Ben is cut from nigh the same cloth. Except, you know, he's also a rapist.
As a steeler fan I fear this may happen. Ben is really into police and the flag and all that nonsense. He might open his face. Maybe this Brees stuff will make him shut up.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
By some miracle, people didn't know Drew Brees got down like he does. And yet he still chose to step on that grenade.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry you were offended by my comments. The flag though. - Drew Brees 2020

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I wish he would just retire. What a fucking pathetic apology. It's a shame because him and the saints played such a big role in my childhood but I hope the whole team takes a knee around him. Also knowing 2020 the saints will win the SB and my heart wont even be in it anymore

Also the Sharpe piece is amazing. He has dome some of the best responses to political issues I've seen on a sports show.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I'm at least glad that Pat McAfee's take on this on Youtube was decent. Whenever something like this goes down I have to cringe and brace myself for people I follow to disappoint me.

Nov 1, 2017
Nobody was misled by Drew's comments. His comments showed exactly who he is. This is not an apology rather pure deflection.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like i will never agree with NFL QB Drew Brees.

Human lives>Piece of cloth
Nah it's not a about that, the flag is just an excuse to hide behind and not having to be honest about abhorrent opinions and not wishing to be bothered by being slightly inconvenienced about reality not being a fantasy utopia for others like it is for him.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

He is so, so good. I wish he would get even more visibility

Im typically not a fan of Skips sports opinions, how does he handle this political stuff? He seems like a good listener here but that might show good judgment more than good stances. How is he replying to these statements when Shannon is done?

May 25, 2019
London
He is so, so good. I wish he would get even more visibility

Im typically not a fan of Skips sports opinions, how does he handle this political stuff? He seems like a good listener here but that might show good judgment more than good stances. How is he replying to these statements when Shannon is done?

Skip is a fantastic takesman and will try to get a rise out of you for sports topics, but I'm not sure I've seen him take a bigoted or insensitive stance on real issues. Bear in mind, I don't watch the show, I just watch clips that bubble up on Reddit or Youtube