• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You think there's no meaning behind using additional weaponry because "football is violent"? These people could bring handguns onto the field and it's cool because "football is assault with a deadly weapon"?

Come the fuck on, dude. The man didn't have his helmet on, and that swing could have killed him. The football field is not a divine area free of the law. If I decide to go base jumping, a sport with natural safety concerns, and someone tries to push me off the edge without my parachute, they don't get a fucking pass.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
So is there ANY kind of limit built into the system where insane crap that happens on the field that would be criminal charges for anyone not in the NFL actually get handed over to the police? Or, like, is everyone entirely immune from all criminal activity while on the field?
Nfl players seem to be immune from it off the field too. AP beat his kids, Rice punched his wife, dude on Dal was an awful human. Irvin stabbed a guy with scissors, Marvin Harrison shot someone, Ray Lewis is worshipped on tv after murdering a man.

But Kaep kneeled and got blackballed

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
If trying to cave someone's head in with a football helmet doesn't get you in handcuffs then literally nothing ever done on a football field will.

Somebody would be going to jail if these were random dudes playing football in the park.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Maybe. Maybe not. Football is a funny game. Violent too. But I like beating the Steelers and the Ravens. That's fun.
it's unfortunate that can't be the point of discussion tonight.

Baker still looks like shit, though. That to me is the bigger concern. I know the Steelers have been playing pretty decent defense, but he looked good on approximately 2 drives all night long.

Something has to change.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't watch the game, but Garrett is a fucking idiot. I mean from the video it looks like Rudolph started that shit, but what he did could have literally killed him. Might catch a charge, too. And deservedly so. He is fucked.

What led to this? Was there a build up?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Didn't watch the game, but Garrett is a fucking idiot. I mean from the video it looks like Rudolph started that shit, but what he did could have literally killed him. Might catch a charge, too. And deservedly so. He is fucked.

What led to this? Was there a build up?
Of course there was. Myles kept saying they were trying to bait him. Bait him how? The question is whether we will ever be privy to the details or not.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If Trump supporters are Nazis, and Rudolph is a Trump supporters, then that makes him a Nazi. And if we're normally fine with Nazis being assaulted because they're Nazi's, what makes this unique?
Well sure it would make him a Nazi or ok with Nazis. Do you deny that trump is a Nazi and a white supremacist? So to then support that means at minimum you're ok with that.That's something Rudolph can think long and hard about on a personal level.

As far as being ok with assaulting them, I mean, don't we celebrate and remember doing just that every year around VDay/Memorial Day/Veterans Day?

As for this in the context of this football game and incident, the NFL and/or Cleveland police will figure it out. Garrett will face what he will face.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Of course there was. Myles kept saying they were trying to bait him. Bait him how? The question is whether we will ever be privy to the details or not.
Ah ok. The highlight is just insanity. Imagine if he had squarely connected that helmet into his skull.

Edit: just seeing all the political shit too. Not gonna comment on that unless it legit has bearing on what his state of mind was.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
it's unfortunate that can't be the point of discussion.

Sure it can. You just gotta talk about it. The same people not wanting to talk about it and wanting to talk about Myles Garrett instead would surely be talking about the Browns losing if they had.

They waited all off season to tear us down. We sucked hind tit through an extremely difficult portion of the schedule. They loved it. Now we are getting getting ready to stack some wins and we gotta talk about a trumper getting roughed up? Pffft.

2-0 in the division! Feels great!

Oct 25, 2017
Sure it can. You just gotta talk about it. The same people not wanting to talk about it and wanting to talk about Myles Garrett instead would surely be talking about the Browns losing if they had.

They waited all off season to tear us down. We sucked hind tit through an extremely difficult portion of the schedule. They loved it. Now we are getting getting ready to stack some wins and we gotta talk about a trumper getting roughed up? Pffft.

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
At a minimum, Myles should never play another down in football.

If trying to brain a guy on live tv doesn't get you fired from your job, what does?

Method

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Mason kicked Myles in the nuts and also grabbed his nuts here as well? Myles is gone for the season but Mason did some Shady dirty ass shit to cause myles to explode

EJZKic8X0AEzLvb

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like Mason kicked Myles in the nuts and also grabbed his nuts here as well? Myles is gone for the season but Mason did some Shady dirty ass shit to cause myles to explode

EJZKic8X0AEzLvb

Mason looks so angry!! He was probably upset he didn't have time to go back out there and throw another INT.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
They should suspend Rudolph into playing and starting next week. That's punishment enough for him

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
He's not getting a lifetime ban.

Oh of course not - he's getting maybe 4-6 games.

It's just that we've seen punching, we've seen helmets ripped off, but we've never seen "rip your helmet off and try to club you to death".

I'm generally not a fan of ultra hot takes or overreactions but the only real take I've found that's too hot for me is calling what he did "attempted murder" - which is just too much.

Whatever the case, I don't envy the league office or NFLPA right now.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I really hope they release the video and audio of their interactions. Something had to have been said to piss Myles off that much. Dude got punched in the face on the street and did nothing.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Lol Myles Garret is an absolute moron. You win a huge game, earn TONS of momentum for the rest of the season, soundly just beat a division rival and....you do that?! Browns don't even know how to win.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why do you think he was trying to rip his helmet off? It wasnt to whisper sweet things in his ear.

My point is simple. if you rush me and YOU get your ass beat, its not my fault. You started it. He tried to rip his helmet off to fight him lets be real. Even chased after him. Yes he got what he got. But fine, suspend them all rest of the season.

Some of you are either completely full of shit or complete psychos. Sorry, but no. That's not how it works. You don't get to disproportionately respond. You don't get to escalate the level of violence. That's how shit like police shootings and the castle doctrine get justified.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
He would have had to concussed Rudolph or done serious damage for the law to get involved. They usually stay out unless it rises to a certain level, and historically have stayed away from litigating in that regard. I'm sure he will be suspended for the rest of the year though.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Needs to be gone the rest of the season and maybe into next season. Also LOL at the clown ass rational being thrown around that anything that proceeded the helmet being removed was anywhere near as bad as what he did.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Um holy shit. Just woke up to my phone blowing up about Garrett. (and to a lesser extent Pouncey) That's straight up assault.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Man ya'll "both sides" posters are hilarious. You know what Garret should have done, pointed at the scoreboard. They handily beat a rival, at home and could have created a jumping off point for the rest of the season. Now no one cares about anything else except for suspensions. Browns doing Browns-like things.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019

Idiocy like this will make it all the more enjoyable watching the Browns miss the playoffs again..