• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
If Kujo wants to stay; I can see us resigning him, especially with this soft ass safety market. If he has a Lisfranc break then it might be a different story, he might be done career wise.

Oh shit I didn't read that. Goddamn I hope he's good whether he plays for us or not.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I'd blow up my football team for either of these quarterbacks.

I don't think the offense was going to good with Ben, but shit has hit ridiculous levels.

I'm including Ben within that statement. Injuries to starting QB, 2nd string QB, Starting RB, 2nd String RB, 3rd String RB, Starting FB, 1st WR, 2nd WR, Starting Guard, etc. Shit's been absolutely bonkers Lol

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

Lions already ruined the careers of Barry and Megatron, next up the Best Young QB in the Game.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
User warned: Ableism
I'm hoping jets get absolutely embarrassed by the giants tomorrow. I need Gase gone by the end of the season.
Shurmur is a retard i expect the Giants to lose, also i need them to lose, i want Shurmur gone, i hated Ben McAcdoo and Pat Shurmur hirings i thought they were awful, John Mara can't fuck up the next hire, he's already set the team back years

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping jets get absolutely embarrassed by the giants tomorrow. I need Gase gone by the end of the season.
I'm mixed. On the Jets performance specifically. Gase needs to get the fuck outta here immediately. But if the Jets keep losing than that means the team isn't playing well and Darnold needs to start playing well for his development as a QB.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, sit all your Lions players. Just changed my pick from Lions to bears. Driskel gonna make Trubisky look good.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What's good is that Lions team doctors aren't letting Stafford play thru the BROKEN BONES IN HIS BACK lol

Love the guy but yeah. Nothing is happening this season so it's stupid to risk anything at this point.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Just heard the Stafford news on the radio ten minutes ago. Jesus Christ.

Sad that my initial reaction to it is that Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia just bought themselves a guaranteed next year because of this. Now this year and next year are both ruined and the necessary restart gets pushed even further back.

This isn't the first time Stafford has had back issues, either. I cannot trust his health going forward.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just heard the Stafford news on the radio ten minutes ago. Jesus Christ.

Sad that my initial reaction to it is that Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia just bought themselves a guaranteed next year because of this. Now this year and next year are both ruined and the necessary restart gets pushed even further back.

This isn't the first time Stafford has had back issues, either. I cannot trust his health going forward.
I was thinking that at first, too. But then I realized that there's no way BQ and Patricia were going anywhere after this season anyways.

But the good news is that these broken bones in his back are different from the broken back bones he played through last season! So everything is good!

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I was thinking that at first, too. But then I realized that there's no way BQ and Patricia were going anywhere after this season anyways.

But the good news is that these broken bones in his back are different from the broken back bones he played through last season! So everything is good!
God I hate how accurate all of this is. I just really am not looking forward to losing Stafford becoming an excuse for them to lean on when we're already out of the playoff chase even when Stafford was in and playing at a near-MVP level. I just want the whole charade over with.

Never mind the fact that Quinn has failed to procure a quality backup for Stafford in the four years he's been here, so this injury shouldn't be a valid excuse even though it will be given and given often.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Cam Newton will be playing for the Bears next season, right?

Praying for my colts today

They'll be fine. They beat themselves at every turn last week, handing out 13 free points, and Pittsburgh still needed AV to miss a kick to win. Those things aren't happening this week. Colts are 7-1 with better kicking. It happens. They'll pull off a win today.

Oct 27, 2017
Never mind the fact that Quinn has failed to procure a quality backup for Stafford in the four years he's been here, so this injury shouldn't be a valid excuse even though it will be given and given often.

This is a bad year for GM's to moan about losing QB's though.

Panthers, Saints, Steelers, Jaguars and the Colts all have more wins than the Lions currently do with backup QB's. Matt Moore has come in and won a game. Brandon Allen has come in and won a game. Slightly different circumstances but Daniel Jones and Ryan Tannehill have come into their teams since week 1 and won games. That's more than a quarter of the league that's had significant QB turnover and still won through it.

This year started well but has unravelled fast, and that started before 2 hours ago with the Stafford news. Quinn and Patricia might well get a pass here but it's not one that will stand up to any amount of scrutiny.