• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to the Rams. Tough loss for the Bengals, but they have a bright future with Joe at QB.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh he was a bad half away from going to his third straight Super Bowl while hosting his fourth straight AFCCG? Still feeling pretty decent about the Chiefs and Mahomes.

Chiefs sign a good third WR and 2-3 good additions on defense and we're right back in it back year. I've got us versus the Bills for the AFC.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Bengals were so close. Need to use this offseason to buff up that offensive line, and for the love of god get rid of Eli Apple, although that last touchdown, no one was going to stop Kupp from catching it. Regardless good season for them. Now as a Vikings fan hopefully O'Connell can be the guy.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The Bengals already had a miracle run this year. If you play those Titans and Chiefs games 10 times, there's no way the Bengals win the majority of the games. They had a magical run and the magic finally died in the final seconds with their o-line.

No telling what happens from here with the team and if they ever sniff this spot again.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
People really think its easy to just jump right back to a superbowl if you're not Tom Brady. I would be shocked to see LA or the Bagles back anytime soon. throw 17 games a season on top of that its gonna be damn hard for a lot of teams, especially fighting off injuries all year.

May 10, 2018
We'll see. Burrow is certainly legit. But if history (even recent history) of the NFL has taught us anything its that you can't just take anything for granted. Some of the best, most talented QBs in the history of this league have never won a Super bowl, or got to one and never got back. When Mahomes won his title everyone was penciling him in for 5-6 rings and now look where we are. Every year should be viewed as a one year window tbh.
Yeah. What Brady & and the Pats did was an anomaly. Rodgers hasn't been back, Brees never went back. Seattle never recovered.

Only 3 QBs won more than 1 Super Bowl during the Brady era, Peyton, Eli and Ben.

From a coaches perspective, Andy Reid has been in I think 9 championship games and 3 Super Bowls with only 1 ring to show for it.

Burrow is the guy but there are no guarantees.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Winning takes lots of skill, competence, circumstance, and luck. Ring counting as an absolute measure of skill is idiotic.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Sure but he could have also easily lost to the Bills. Burrow's biggest obstacle is his division.
Eh, the Browns and Steelers are going to fall off pretty quick and shouldn't pose too much of a threat. The Ravens will still be tough.

I'm not saying feel bad about having Mahomes I'm saying even someone as great as Mahomes (and he might be one of the 2 most talented QBs I've ever seen) can come up short of getting back in those kinds of situations, nothing is guaranteed, so I'm sure as shit not pencilling Joe Burrow (or anyone else) in for anything.
Right, but let's not make it seem like Mahomes has fallen off a cliff. They score a TD at any point in the second half, they would have been playing tonight. Plenty of time for Mahomes to get a couple more rings.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the Browns and Steelers are going to fall off pretty quick and shouldn't pose too much of a threat. The Ravens will still be tough.

Right, but let's not make it seem like Mahomes has fallen off a cliff. They score a TD at any point in the second half, they would have been playing tonight. Plenty of time for Mahomes to get a couple more rings.

But that's not my point. Like. At all. The point is Mahomes IS great, like the barometer for great young QBs, and even HE struggles to get back to the mountain top. Because of that, I would never just pencil in anything for any lesser QB (and Joe Burrow is great, but he's not Patrick Mahomes).

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
People really think its easy to just jump right back to a superbowl if you're not Tom Brady. I would be shocked to see LA or the Bagles back anytime soon. throw 17 games a season on top of that its gonna be damn hard for a lot of teams, especially fighting off injuries all year.
Hmm…I think LA, Cincinnati, GB*, Titans, Buffalo, KC, AZ* are locks for playoffs again. So it won't be that much of a shock to see either of them back in.

*Pending QB drama

to where? A Trump Rally?
Thank you for this.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think the Steelers are anywhere close to done. One of the most successful franchises in NFL history with a great coach. Yeah they don't have a QB right now but they will get one. The Browns are whatever. The Ravens are a threat. Burrow is a great talent but that is a tough division.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
VIIuTO4.png

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think the Steelers are anywhere close to done. One of the most successful franchises in NFL history with a great coach. Yeah they don't have a QB right now but they will get one. The Browns are whatever. The Ravens are a threat. Burrow is a great talent but that is a tough division.
QBs don't just grow on trees. They will be out of it for at least a few years.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Either team could feasibly still have the firepower to make it back here next year, but it's definitely not something to take for granted. LA came pretty close to not winning their division by the end of the season despite the stacked roster, and both teams had to survive a good amount of late-game drama in the playoffs just to get there at all. New England exceeded expectations this year with a rookie QB who'll have experience under his belt now, if Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay then that entire division could be complete chaos, San Francisco and Arizona could both still challenge the Rams, and at this point the AFC North is looking like it could be a complete tossup. Just like the Bengals themselves, there's always a chance of a worst-to-first situation, and no telling how free agency will shake things out further. Step back in time to a year ago and who'd have thought that the Rams would look like this today?

Anyway, it's on to draft time now. It's a weird feeling this year, like we're lacking a clear and obvious top pick. Hard to predict who's potentially going to pick up a truly transformational player.

Oct 28, 2017
to add: Philip Rivers never made it to a Super bowl. Neither did Tony Romo. Big Ben won a Super Bowl at 27 and never made it back. Tom Brady's career really fucked up people's perspective on QB careers. Having an all time QB teaming with an all time coach/front office for 20 years is going to lead to an unmatched, unrepeatable level of sustained success. Joe Burrow looks really good. But Zac Taylor is not Bill Belichick. And Mike Brown sure as shit isn't Bob Kraft.
Ben won it at 23 and 26 and lost it at 28.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

That just kinda proves NinjaScooter 's point.

Winning is hard in the NFL and every year there's 1 or 2 teams that just need a few bounces to have gone another way and they would have been in the Super Bowl. That's been my entire football life since 2010.

Guys like Brees and Rodgers were always either just one TD, one defensive stop, or Brandon fucking Bostick just not going for the ball away from the Super Bowl.

The other reality is that Mahomes is one guy on a starting lineup of 22 players plus special teams. There's no guarantee that he'll have a championship level team every single season. Even the Pats went 10 years with only two appearances and zero wins. Brady was very fortunate that they built him a second dynasty.

moncho13

Jul 18, 2018
Havent readthe posts yet but i hope Im not in the minority that the rams were basically gifted this stupid win with those two/three?? drive extending penalties before the end of regulaiton. Wack. Wack. Awful how the refs decided within the last two minutes to actually start calling anything. Bengals were robbed

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

LA has a better shot then Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is going to have a harder path with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and Jackson.

The Rams are in a conference that is a lot weaker at the QB position. There's also questions about the other teams in their division. Will Wilson be back in Seattle, how is Lance going to do in SF and what's going on with Kyler in Arizona. Green Bay is going to massively fall off a cliff if Rodgers leaves as well. Brady is gone too.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm…I think LA, Cincinnati, GB*, Titans, Buffalo, KC, AZ* are locks for playoffs again. So it won't be that much of a shock to see either of them back in.

*Pending QB drama

Thank you for this.
Making it to the playoffs every year means absolutely nothing. Ask Aaron Rodgers how many times should he have been playing in the Super Bowl the last 10 years..Again like I said, nobody is walking into multiple superbowls unless its Tom Brady. The dude has clearly spoiled y'all Lol.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Havent readthe posts yet but i hope Im not in the minority that the rams were basically gifted this stupid win with those two/three?? drive extending penalties before the end of regulaiton. Wack. Wack. Awful how the refs decided within the last two minutes to actually start calling anything. Bengals were robbed

Don't worry you're not alone. There are other people in this thread who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Cool Bengals were gifted 7 points with Higgins though right?

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Cool Bengals we're gifted 7 points with Higgins though right?
And they missed a blatant hold by Ramsey before that that would've been a Higgins TD too.

Refs were overall just bad. Kept there whistles in their mouth at the worst moments and then stopped at the worst moment. But congrats to Stafford and Kupp, I'm happy to see them get rings. Fuck Kroenke tho.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats Matt Stafford, your suffering in Detroit paid off in a way things like that rarely do. I feel for the city of Cincinnati tonight. I truly do and hope you eventually get one, just the same as I hope it for my team.

It's not the worst bet in the world. Assuming the Bills stay intact, they've got as good a shot as any in the AFC.
Love this energy.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
LA has a better shot then Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is going to have a harder path with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and Jackson.

The Rams are in a conference that is a lot weaker at the QB position (especially if Rodgers leaves). There's also questions about the other teams in their division. Will Wilson be back in Seattle, how is Lance going to do in SF and what's going on with Kyler in Arizona. Green Bay is going to massively fall off a cliff if Rodgers leaves as well.
Rodgers dominated the weak ass NFC North for over a decade, and were NFC champs mulitiple times. Dudes been to 1 Super Bowl 1. The Rams having an easier path than the Bangels is an easy assessment based on the AFC QBs. Rams barely pulled this season off with a duct taped together super star roster. Again, its hard as fuck to make it..

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Refs were overall bad tonight, but the bad calls evened out and the better team won in the end.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Any Celebrations I'm St. Louis?

I know the thought is the City hates the Rams, but I'm sure many of the fans are still Ram fans and just followed them like other fans do when their teams move.

Or have many of those fans switched to specific teams? Chiefs?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Don't know man, the Ramsey face mask no call was game changing. Ramsey was on him like glue and would have picked that off hadn't he pulled pulled his mask. They had to make up for that so they started flagging the shit out of the Bengals late to give the Rams the go ahead TD.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i agree, the refs sucked

i couldn't believe they didn't flag any bengals after they got into a scuffle with donald when aaron donald made the perfectly legal play of shoving burrow out of bounds

(lol)

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Patriots and possibly Baltimore will be tough but Burrow is good and that D is solid too. They are young and now experienced. I think they'll be back.
People gotta stop saying the Bengals are gonna be back. The future is not guaranteed in the NFL
That's true, but as stated, they are young; one of the youngest in the league IIRC. I believe they'll get back. I'm not saying next year or that they will be perennial AFC champs, but good enough to be in the conversation.