• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird to not pay Hill, and then try and trade for someone that is ALSO going to demand a record breaking contract, lol.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I love Deebo, I really do, but in the wake of Hill's contract setting the market for Top Tier WRs, there's a voice in the back of my head that's hesitant about commiting to him to the tune of $30 million a year - even with his contributions in the backfield.

Unless he's willing to take a "team friendly" extension I feel like Lynch and co. might wait & see if he replicates last year's production before going all in given we still have him for two more seasons factoring in the Franchise Tag.

Glad it's not my decision to make.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Please finally end the Parker experiment, he's a good dude and good when he's on the field but god damn is that a rare event.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the Chiefs will go after DK too strongly. Feels like the plan is to use the draft to get some younger guys, and then sign some lower cost vets to pad out the roster. Not the most efficient way to replace Hill, but certainly cheaper.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I love Deebo, I really do, but in the wake of Hill's contract setting the market for Top Tier WRs, there's a voice in the back of my head that's hesitant about commiting to him to the tune of $30 million a year - even with his contributions in the backfield.

Unless he's willing to take a "team friendly" extension I feel like Lynch and co. might wait & see if he replicates last year's production before going all in given we still have him for two more seasons factoring in the Franchise Tag.

Glad it's not my decision to make.

If Deebo has another year like he did (or close to it) then he's a solidified super star. The team will have to pay him what he wants and I'll be more than happy for the them to do it.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
Saints receiving Corp: Why pay a high price for medium or high end talent, when you can pay a low, low, low price for low end talent?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would worry about Deebo's long-term health if I were Lynch. Dude is incredible, but he's already pretty banged up, and that's only going to become more common considering the punishment he takes. If we have a chance to land a Hill-type windfall of picks, I'd pull the trigger.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Blame the Raiders who as usual screwed everything up lol!

And DK may demand that, but would he get that? He is no Tyreek or Adam's. But I think he could definitely demand some money, but I'm glad to hear KC making a play for him.
The Jags giving Christian Kirk that contract is what threw the WR market into insanity, Adams got what he was expected to get

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Empower Field getting burnt is all the more reason for the new owner to build a new stadium!

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well that was quick..
www.espn.com

Second grand jury declines to indict QB Watson

A second grand jury in Texas declined to indict Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson on Thursday after considering an accusation of sexual misconduct.
so what exactly does this mean ? like something is up

Probably gonna have to rely on civil matters to sway NFLs conduct decision.

the max he would be out is 6 games but at this point he might only miss a couple at the rate that this is all going

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how there isn't enough evidence to at least go to trial. Yeah, it's hard to "prove" sexual misconduct, but when so many women are telling the same story?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Really weird to not pay Hill, and then try and trade for someone that is ALSO going to demand a record breaking contract, lol.

Only reason it might make sense is that DK is still 25 and Hill, whose game is based on speed is 28.

unknown.png

Please finally end the Parker experiment, he's a good dude and good when he's on the field but god damn is that a rare event.

I swear every off-season the Eagles are linked to this guy and it never happens.

I just saw the Eagles resigned Barnett. Why the fuck would they do this?

Because there is no DE FAs for them and no market for him. He is only 25 and it's probably a super cheap 2 yr deal. Doesn't prohibit them from taking a DE with one of the 1st Rd picks.

Also Howie can spin this as another FA signing and successful draft pick cause he made it to a 2nd contract! They already are spinning extending Mailata, Avonte, and Goedert last yr as FA moves that count for this year.

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't understand how there isn't enough evidence to at least go to trial. Yeah, it's hard to "prove" sexual misconduct, but when so many women are telling the same story?

They likely suspect the women were prostitutes and

1. Do not believe the women if they say they weren't prostitutes
2. Don't care if sex workers get raped

Society is very bad.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
They likely suspect the women were prostitutes and

1. Do not believe the women if they say they weren't prostitutes
2. Don't care if sex workers get raped

Society is very bad.

OK, now to likely the more realistic reason there were no indictments.

Prosecutors have almost full control of the grand jury process with the defendant having little role. Essentially, if a prosecutor wants someone indicted it's almost assuredly going to happen. For whatever reason, it appears the prosecutors didn't want these to go to the next step. Prosecutors generally like slam dunk wins so May have viewed getting to beyond a reasonable doubt would be too difficult with the information at hand. Would be high profile, tough defense team so a lot of work! The prosecutors may have seen a losing battle.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Aaron took the bag and lost his offense.

I keep hearing that DK is available for a trade for some reason. Not sure what Seattle is doing but they haven't indicated they are rebuilding. But if he is available the Packers, Jets, or hell a bunch of other teams should be all in on it. He is still only 25!

OK, now to likely the more realistic reason there were no indictments.

Prosecutors have almost full control of the grand jury process with the defendant having little role. Essentially, if a prosecutor wants someone indicted it's almost assuredly going to happen. For whatever reason, it appears the prosecutors didn't want these to go to the next step. Prosecutors generally like slam dunk wins so May have viewed getting to beyond a reasonable doubt would be too difficult with the information at hand. Would be high profile, tough defense team so a lot of work! The prosecutors may have seen a losing battle.

Yeah I was listening on the radio today that for grand juries, only the prosecution gets the present and almost always the prosecution gets it to go to trial. That they didn't hear means the evidence wasn't there. Now of course something happened. 22 different women but if the evidence comes down to a he said she said situation, not sure how confident they can be to take it to trial.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I keep hearing that DK is available for a trade for some reason. Not sure what Seattle is doing but they haven't indicated they are rebuilding. But if he is available the Packers, Jets, or hell a bunch of other teams should be all in on it. He is still only 25!

Yeah I was listening on the radio today that for grand juries, only the prosecution gets the present and almost always the prosecution gets it to go to trial. That they didn't hear means the evidence wasn't there. Now of course something happened. 22 different women but if the evidence comes down to a he said she said situation, not sure how confident they can be to take it to trial.
KC was also looking into DK too.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017

Feel like Travon Walker or Sauce Gardner will go in the top 5 at this point. Thibodeaux appears to be dropping.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
man with all these crazy trades and moves almost daily, today feels super slow!

where is the big trade for today!!??!?!

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Tua once again having to hear about how he is going to be replaced

This one is complete nonsense though as Brady was recruiting players to join him in TB but next year? Maybe.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Don't see how such a move is possible now. Why would he want to go to the AFC…. If he moves, could the NFC get any easier