• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
This is the wildest off season I have ever seen in my life. So many big names moved and teams changed. It's crazy.

Condolences to Browns and Dolphins fans though. You guys don't deserve to have those PoS players forced on you like that.

Browns already had Hunt. I think most, if not all, teams have unsavory characters.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Everyone forgetting the Browns also have Kareem Hunt. Watson already the shit cherry on top of that org.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Mostert and Hill on the Dolphins.

200.gif

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
The Dolphins responding to a season where they struggled in large part due to injuries on defense by..... getting much older... It's an idea, I guess.

They can win the SB if few of their star players get injured, but like... It's the NFL...

At least they have no draft picks to help with their depth now to backup all these old guys.

I'm sorry what year are you talking about? Cuz this sure wasn't last year, also Dolphins have two first round picks next year

unknown.png

skinny teeth teeth

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2022
I don't think anyone should have belief in Justin Fields, but it's weird that the Bears have destroyed his support cast. His offensive line is gone, Allen Robinson is gone, they have no picks... Fields already has no clock and has no sense for pressure, he's going to get killed next year.

They just signed a 31 year old LT to huge money who is coming off injuries and traded for a huge money 28 year old WR?
it feels like a bizarre way to build your team. what are the chances that tyreek isn't any more than a slightly more athletic will fuller for them?

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Davante Adams had 43 catches for 525 yards and 3 touchdowns in 6 games with Jordan Love at QB
I'm not saying he won't be a good WR, but it has to be hard downgrading QBs like that and you really don't know how much of their production was them Vs. the QB. Then, what happens when his numbers dip and they aren't winning as much cause of the QB?

Too many variables.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Browns already had Hunt. I think most, if not all, teams have unsavory characters.
Isn't it time to leave Kareem Hunt alone for his violent overreaction to being spit at and called a nigger?

I get that he fucked up but when does he get to stop being treated like a bad person? Some of ya'll have no idea.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Isn't it time to leave Kareem Hunt alone for his violent overreaction to being spit at and called a nigger?

I get that he fucked up but when does he get to stop being treated like a bad person? Some of ya'll have no idea.

Sure I was just replying to the idea that it's unfair for Browns fans somehow. Every fanbase is used to it. There isn't a GM or owner that says no to a great player.

I'll say this for Hunt. At least he was contrite. Did that interview, apologized, and it was a one time thing.

Watson continues to deny anything happened or that he did any wrong.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Sure I was just replying to the idea that it's unfair for Browns fans somehow. Every fanbase is used to it. There isn't a GM or owner that says no to a great player.

I'll say this for Hunt. At least he was contrite. Did that interview, apologized, and it was a one time thing.

Watson continues to deny anything happened or that he did any wrong.
I'm just saying "Browns already have Hunt" is on this page of this thread multiple times such as:

Everyone forgetting the Browns also have Kareem Hunt. Watson already the shit cherry on top of that org.

And at this point it's just performative outrage in the face of what he actually did, why it happened, how he's paid for it, and how he has behaved following the incident.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Performative? Weird way to put it. Sorry I don't like the player because of what he did?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Performative? Weird way to put it. Sorry I don't like the player because of what he did?
I'll put it on the record: Any white person who spits on me and calls me a nigger to my face is getting hit, be they a man or a woman.

If you want to eternally crucify Kareem Hunt for his actions, so be it. Burn me on the same pyre. If you don't know what it means to be called that word, that isn't on me. But it's carte blanche to have your face slapped.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
"lol dolphins so old now" - Average age of Dolphins players during 21-22 season.....25. Adding three players over 28 doesn't suddenly make them decrepit.

"lol dolphins have no picks now" - Still have two 1st and a 2nd next year, plus the first the gave up this year was the one they got for moving back for Waddle.

I get y'all want to talk shit and go right ahead, but if you could have any semblance of a clue of what you are talking about that would be great.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
"lol dolphins so old now" - Average age of Dolphins players during 21-22 season.....25. Adding three players over 28 doesn't suddenly make them decrepit.

"lol dolphins have no picks now" - Still have two 1st and a 2nd next year, plus the first the gave up this year was the one they got for moving back for Waddle.

I get y'all want to talk shit and go right ahead, but if you could have any semblance of a clue of what you are talking about that would be great.

The hot takes tho

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017

Bills should be worried. They won't be able to cover Hill and Waddle. They will have to pick their poison. Only question mark I have is can Tua take advantage of the talent?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Bills should be worried. They won't be able to cover Hill and Waddle. They will have to pick their poison. Only question mark I have is can Tua take advantage of the talent?
I guess we'll see if Tua can shoulder the load. He hasn't shown me he's capable of that yet but maybe the weapons now are what he needed. If the Bills can shore up their CB scenario though I think last year's #1 defense only gets better though… so it's pretty hard to predict. Also relevant: How's the O line for Miami? Because on paper the Bills have improved greatly in terms of pass rush.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll see if Tua can shoulder the load. He hasn't shown me he's capable of that yet but maybe the weapons now are what he needed. If the Bills can shore up their CB scenario though I think last year's #1 defense only gets better though… so it's pretty hard to predict. Also relevant: How's the O line for Miami? Because on paper the Bills have improved greatly in terms of pass rush.

We'll find out because it's mostly new (again)

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Tomlin going to buy dinner for every eligible qb in the draft!

Not for Pickett! Eagles bought him dinner.

Steelers def looking into these QBs for the first round but again I wonder, why not wait until next year? Whoever you take this yr won't start over Trubisky so why not wait for the better class?

And where the Steelers sit right now, they would have to leapfrog Wash, ATL, Carolina - maybe move up to the Giants 5th pick to make sure they get their QB. Is Willis worth all that? Ridder might fall to them though.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Pickett lives in Pittsburgh, Tomlin has probably bought all of his meals for the last 3 years!

All the Steelers are going to look at Corral next.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people act like Cleveland need to trade Mayfield now.

1. Watson is not going to play at least the first 6 games next season.
2. Mayfield's value is the lowest as it ever was. The best they're going to get is a 3 or later round pick where they eat most of the contract.

There is no reason to trade Baker until they know the situation with Watson (Yes I know they also have Tyrod Taylor)

So why not sit Mayfield down and tell him. "Hey you are the starting quarterback for at least 6 games this is your job interview for the other 31 teams about your value. You get back to 2020 form you will get your 30+ million a year contract. This team has the weapons to make you look good."

Baker shits it up then you send him to a team with an injured starter, probably get about the same you get now. Baker gets motivated and plays his best and you probably get a treasure trove of draft picks.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'm not sure why people act like Cleveland need to trade Mayfield now.

1. Watson is not going to play at least the first 6 games next season.
2. Mayfield's value is the lowest as it ever was. The best they're going to get is a 3 or later round pick where they eat most of the contract.

There is no reason to trade Baker until they know the situation with Watson (Yes I know they also have Tyrod Taylor)

So why not sit Mayfield down and tell him. "Hey you are the starting quarterback for at least 6 games this is your job interview for the other 31 teams about your value. You get back to 2020 form you will get your 30+ million a year contract. This team has the weapons to make you look good."

Baker shits it up then you send him to a team with an injured starter, probably get about the same you get now. Baker gets motivated and plays his best and you probably get a treasure trove of draft picks.

He already wanted out before they traded for Watson. He wants out now. They don't want him. Why add this distraction/issue to an already volatile Watson situation?

You want Baker as a malcontent on the roster?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Rumor is KC is making a play for DK Metcalf.

MVS, DK and Juju? I'll take it!

Gilmore still out there too. Would be nice for KC to have a lock down guy.