• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
The problem is that he also wanted to be the #1 paid receiver in the NFL. So maybe 30 teams think he's worth better picks, but I'm pretty sure 30 teams don't have the budget AND the picks. I mean, he didn't even go to the NFC...
30 million for 3 years is not that much in the scheme of things, if your a team with cap space you honestly should have gone in at that price.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely do not want it, but I can't see how the Raiders are not on Hard Knocks this year

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I expected to get up for some water and see this deal done. That's... a pretty good trade. And $16m a year ain't as bad as I expected.

Still, that third rounder does hold quite a bit of value in this draft. There's historically such a drop off in players who make a significant impact/stick around the league from rounds 4-7 (although, 4th round has seemingly gained some stream in recent years) that those picks should absolutely be used to supplement trades, though.

So we gave up pick 66 if memory serves. There will definitely be value in that pick for the Steelers. But fuck it, I think we actually won this trade and it feels weird to say that.

Edit: I'd have to think that this also means that we won't reach on a WR with a 1st round pick. So that makes me happy.

Edit 2: Looks like a possible $18m/yr with max incentives. Better than the $20m that was being reported I suppose.

Last edited:

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Isn't the 21m reduced to 19m to adjust for the salary bonus the Steelers don't have to pay this week?

It just seems like the Steelers wanted a bad team to trade to, and somebody that can afford a guy who wanted lots of guaranteed money and bonus money. A trade now sucks, but at least it can be offset with the cap money they get from Bell last year. Maybe to the Raiders, this is a 30m deal, but to a contender, it would be 50+ because you actually would be paying out all those bonuses, and that's why I don't think the Rams or Packers or whatever were at the front of the line.

I'm more surprised the Raiders wouldn't give away one of their first round picks...

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
There was no way he was ever gonna go for a first. Even a second was a stretch.

Steelers has no leverage, they had to get rid of him eventually. It's a steal but shit let's see how well Derek plays next year or maybe they say fuck it and get kyler

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Brown got everything he wanted. Tanked his value, got to go to a team he wanted, got a pay raise, and gave the Steelers the middle finger on the way out with the deal they got.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
This is going to be another case of the Raiders being the winner of the trade until they're not like Martavis Bryant.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Unlike AB, Odell is still young, he's 26 and will be 27 half way through the season, no one was giving up a first for over 30 years AB will be 31 before training camp, Giants starting price will be a first...

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
What are the chances the Raiders draft Marquise Brown now? I mean wouldn't that just be fitting.

If Gruden/Mayock get Bell and Kyler Murray too.

Fuck.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
AB won. Everyone else lost. Steelers in the dead money. Raiders in a 30 year old wide receiver with 3 years left on his contract. Raiders won't be contending for the next 3 years but I'm sure it will help put asses in seats. Thanks again for Mack.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Great trade for the Raiders. Only giving up a 3rd and a 5th is what Rams gave us for mediocre Fowler.

The money is also not terrible.

Now they probably sign Bell too.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm just gonna say it. If AB has one more domestic spat and or run in with the law, he's fucked.

Gruden and Mayock better have gave him an ultimatum. Get your shit together Mr. Big Chest/Checks

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get a first for Cooper, Give up a third and fifth for Brown. That's not bad at all.

Wonder why nobody has the Raiders down as a possible Foles destination.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Get a first for Cooper, Give up a third and fifth for Brown. That's not bad at all.

It's kind of crazy when you think about it purely in terms of WR1. We traded Coop, a 3rd, and a 5th for AB and a 1st. That's a big win.

And we got the AB deal done before the market was reset. And now Jerruh needs to pay Coop in the market we set. So that's fun.

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
With Bell and Brown throwing tantrums till they got their way, it will be interesting in how other players react from now on to get what they want and away from the franchises they no long desire to play for.