• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
So the Giants skip Haskins for the 6'7 kid from Buffalo.......I aint I Giants fan but I'd love to see it for the drama it would cause.
I think Shurmur wants more athleticism for his offense at QB. So Jackson would make sense for that. I haven't seen much of him although I've read he has really good upside.

Haskins is a pure pocket guy which is great, but he will need protection of all costs. He buckles at pressure (Lock has this issue too) and if the Giants pass, his lack of mobility is why.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I think Shurmur wants more athleticism for his offense at QB. So Jackson would make sense for that. I haven't seen much of him although I've read he has really good upside.

Haskins is a pure pocket guy which is great, but he will need protection of all costs. He buckles at pressure (Lock has this issue too) and if the Giants pass, his lack of mobility is why.

Haskins is absolutely a mobile QB. He's a runner, man. Stephen A said so.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017

If they want mobility they should be trying to get Murray rather than generic brand Cam Newton.

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
How much of a fuck up is Vince Young? I figured he was like an untouchable legend down there in Texas, how could he possibly fuck up a job that was probably mostly set up just as a favor to him to give him money seeing he spent all his NFL money

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
How much of a fuck up is Vince Young? I figured he was like an untouchable legend down there in Texas, how could he possibly fuck up a job that was probably mostly set up just as a favor to him to give him money seeing he spent all his NFL money

Purple Drank /shrugs shoulders

Also, for some reason Earl Thomas is hanging out in Houston this weekend.

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
A 3rd and a 5th for an HOF reciever, maybe still the best in the league, with a few more years in his prime, is utterly ludicrous. 30 (31 if you include the Steelers). NFL teams have lost their goddamn minds if they don't think he's worth more than that.

Honestly, 99% of the time 'culture concern' and 'locker room distraction' narratives are entirely bullshit that can be completely negated by having coaches worth a damn, who the people in the locker room buy into the vision of.

Everyone who claimed they didn't want AB on their team or wouldn't have him for any price are fucking rubes, frankly, completely credulous marks.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
A 3rd and a 5th for an HOF reciever, maybe still the best in the league, with a few more years in his prime, is utterly ludicrous. 30 (31 if you include the Steelers). NFL teams have lost their goddamn minds if they don't think he's worth more than that.

The problem is that he also wanted to be the #1 paid receiver in the NFL. So maybe 30 teams think he's worth better picks, but I'm pretty sure 30 teams don't have the budget AND the picks. I mean, he didn't even go to the NFC...

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, 99% of the time 'culture concern' and 'locker room distraction' narratives are entirely bullshit that can be completely negated by having coaches worth a damn, who the people in the locker room buy into the vision of.

Everyone who claimed they didn't want AB on their team or wouldn't have him for any price are fucking rubes, frankly, complete marks.

Nah, wouldn't even consider AB. Too expensive, too old for my liking. Even though the Colts have a WR need, would it really be worth it trying to get people like AB?

Honestly, I feel bad for the Raiders since it seems like this trade will only amplify the cancerous ego he has especially with how bad they are with AB not having nearly a good QB. Ben isn't as good as he was before but still it's a drop from Ben to Derek Carr.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Brown got everything he wanted. This might set a new precedent in the way players conduct business with teams.

I can see an NBA type movement in the future where everyone asks to be traded to large market teams, and low market teams suffer.

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
The problem is that he also wanted to be the #1 paid receiver in the NFL. So maybe 30 teams think he's worth better picks, but I'm pretty sure 30 teams don't have the budget AND the picks. I mean, he didn't even go to the NFC...
That reasoning I understand, or teams who feel like they're already set/have devoted too much resources into the position already and would want to strengthen holes elsewhere with that money.

But when you're, like, the Colts, or the 49ers, a team who have the resources and would 100% benefit from having the literal best player in the position on your team, and you're like 'i don't want him on my team, he's a diva, he'll be a distraction', like, get real.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
That reasoning I understand, or teams who feel like they're already set/have devoted too much resources into the position already and would want to strengthen holes elsewhere with that money.

But when you're, like, the Colts, or the 49ers, a team who have the resources and would 100% benefit from having the literal best player in the position on your team, and you're like 'i don't want him on my team, he's a diva, he'll be a distraction', like, get real.
Even if the Colts have the money to afford AB, Ballard is pretty cheap on free agency and tends to lean more on building through the draft. AB going to Indy seemed realistically improbable.

San Fran seemed more realistic considering how big the splashes they've made past year plus the talks AB had with people close to the 9ers

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Like, if the Steelers thought that he alone was such a sabotaging, cancerous, destabilizing presence that they just had to offload, that will inevitably ruin whichever team he joins, they should've just traded him to the Browns.

TBH beyond the baffling draft capital bargain of it all I don't think this is that good a decision on Oakland's part, even if they're ever not bad under Gruden to the point where having an AB would help it won't be until after his contract's up anyway. I just really don't get why teams closer to contention didn't jump on the opportunity to get him for that little outlay, beyond being spooked by Sportscenter bullshit, and most of all why fans of those teams were dreading the idea of having him on their team.

Last edited: