• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Celebratory Reminder that Brady has known Trump since 2002 due to Robert Kraft's connections and golf tournaments and was given that hat by Robert Kraft and has shown zero signs of supporting Trump's actual policies or political stances since that picture was taken

Trump "expresses disappointment that Tom Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback, has distanced himself" from the president, The New York Times reported Sunday.

"Gisele Bündchen took to Instagram on Friday, November 4, to clarify to a fan that she and husband Tom Brady do not support Donald Trump, despite what the 70-year-old Republican presidential nominee recently said."

After Donald Trump's comments on kneeling "Yeah, I certainly disagree with what he said. I thought it was just divisive," Brady said. "Like I said, I just want to support my teammates."

Quarterback Tom Brady was among those who did not attend Wednesday's ceremony, citing family matters. Trump did not mention Brady, the Super Bowl's most valuable player,during the ceremony.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/sports/-new-england-patriots-visit-white-house-donald-trump.html
Bless you for this

I just like a football team, that does not make me a maga fascist

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed. It's crazy anyone is trying take the moral high ground. This entire organization is fucked and is actively barring black players from playing because of their skin color and belief of equality.

yeah and all consumerism is evil, so you're a hypocrite if you shop anywhere ever. blah blah blah

this is some dumb galaxy brain shit that joe rogan would spout

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just the regular season OT rules. NFL playoffs just keep going indefinitely until it isn't tied at the end of an ot period.

I agree to a point. Ties are fine, but the reason OT in the regular season is trash is because the defense is handicapped in ways refs let slide in the post-season. Defense can play defense in the post season, it's not an excuse.

Oct 27, 2017
Brady SB resume losses would be such a stain to his legacy if he loses again..
Losing to ..
Eli Manning x 2
Nick Foles
Jared Goff

Only fitting that Brady the once system quarterback loses to the next greatest system quarterback.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The OT rules are an archaic relic that defenders cling to even though the league is becoming more and more offense based.

Imagine if Chiefs/Rams went to OT and people seriously tried this "play defense garbage" when the coin toss winning team won the game.

Both teams should get the ball. Period.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Romo is easily the best color commentator I've heard call an NFL game. Actually gives insight and personality.

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of him or his team. Sick to fucking death of seeing him there.

But my god, he really is the GOAT. And please don't make yourself look foolish trying to argue that he's not.

Oct 27, 2017
Man the hate against the Pats is so weird to me. Those guys played a hell of a game and this old defense made Mahomes actually look mortal. Brady's last drives featured some great catches and great throws and they do all that shit with total unknowns. It's surreal how they do this year after year in a sport as volatile and prone to randomness as football.

Caught systematically cheating not once, but twice.

the fact that you could wonder aloud why the Asterisks are hated tells me you haven't been watching this very long. Deflategate was just over 3 years ago.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a diehard Pats fans, but I also support the local team (Rams) since they're in the other conference. One surefire way to beat the Pats is with an aggressive pass rush. The Rams have that, so they definitely have a chance. If they can get to Brady even a few times, then the Rams automatically have a better chance of winning against the GOAT.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
The OT rules are an archaic relic that defenders cling to even though the league is becoming more and more offense based.

Imagine if Chiefs/Rams went to OT and people seriously tried this "play defense garbage" when the coin toss winning team won the game.

Both teams should get the ball. Period.

I'm pretty sure the rules won't change because of TV contracts, amongst other things.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
The salt here is incredible.

No one would be complaining about the OT rules if KC did the same thing.

Everyone knew the rules prior to the coin toss. Don't blame the rules, blame the defense.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a football game. Brady had a hat in his locker room and knows the guy. Have you ever seen him support any of his policies? Do you think Gisele supports them in any way? Do you think his relationship makes people in fucking Massachusetts go "hmm, that Trump guy must not be so bad if Tom Brady will sort of acknowledge he knows him..."

This policing of who people are allowed to root for is sad as shit.

the "policing". this is one of the additional reasons people dislike the patriots. because the fans can't even be honest about what kind of people these are. at least be like "yeah they're scumbags, and i'm conflicted about it". but no, it's constant denials about who brady is. he's a shitbag. everyone who is paying attention knows he's a shitbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.