• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Revis been salty about Sherman ever since he took shots at him way back in the day. Sherman has a point though, Revis fell off quick after he got paid/the ACL injury.
Definitely, but in the year Sherman's referencing (9), Revis had 9 takeaways and made the Pro Bowl. It was his last good year. Dude did completely fall off after that, lol.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

That was more entertaining to watch than Belichick's annual "whatever, we're on to the super bowl" speech.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
After sleeping on it, I really have to give props to the Packers and the type of comeback season they had. After back to back seasons of not making the playoffs, new coach, going 12-4 and making it to the NFC championship game is nothing to sneeze at. They're on the right path to success and have done more right than wrong. GG's.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
PZFCZA0.jpg

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After sleeping on it, I really have to give props to the Packers and the type of comeback season they had. After back to back seasons of not making the playoffs, new coach, going 12-4 and making it to the NFC championship game is nothing to sneeze at. They're on the right path to success and have done more right than wrong. GG's.
They'll be back to irrelevance next year as Rodgers continues his regression

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Happy that was got the best possible matchup. I guess I should root for Andy but unlike most Eagles fans I don't have this desire to see him win one.

In far more important news, the USC coach the Eagles interviewed Graham Harrell is staying at USC.

This is so bizarre. I have no idea what the Eagles are doing with their coaching staff and the longer this drags out the more you get the feeling there wasn't a plan, not being able to call plays is a turnoff for most candidates, and maybe Doug never planned to make these changes to begin with.

I guess Gruden is still out there if they want him but again why would he want to come here and not at least call the plays? Caldwell? But he apparently has health concerns.

Probably down to Kafka or Press Taylor.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They'll be back to irrelevance next year as Rodgers continues his regression

They have good young up and coming players at almost every position and other aging vets like Jimmy Graham, Lane Taylor, Tramon Williams big contracts are all up after this year giving Green Bay a ton of money to play around with in FA if they so choose too.

Get some skill players at tight end and Recieved to go along with Davante Adams and and upgrade at linebacker and this team is right back in the thick of it.

Rodgers will also have another year in Lafleurs system and Lafleur will have had some head coaching experience.

They were probably not deserving of their 13-3 record and they may not even match that record next year but this is a team that is trending up, not down.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the NFL is going to let them wear their all white alternates, so I assume (with KC being the home team) that they'll be wearing their standard away uniforms.
I really, really hope the NFL allows them to wear the all whites. NFL always takes minor things so seriously.

Hearing all the Jimmy G slander and especially on 710ESPN radio is making this so much better for me.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Out of curiosity, I looked at the Conference Champ thread for LII and now, seeing those same peeps happy for their teams in the Bowl, I spread good vibes to your teams since everyone gave their spirit to defeat the Brady (Fucking LA you botched last year)

It's just, who do I root for?

SF or KC?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Jimmy G does not need to do a lot.

Why mess with Mosert's monster performance?

To many people are stuck on fantasy football and think that if you don't go 30-37 500yds and 6 TDs, you had a bad game.

Garappolo didn't need to pass yesterday or against Minnesota because neither the Packers or Vikings showed that they could stop the running game. A good football coach will exploit the fuck out of an opponent's weakness until said opponent has shown the ability to stop it.

That's something neither Green Bay or Minnesota showed in either of the two 49ers playoff games.

The only numbers that matter are the ones that represent the score.

If you win 37-20 and go 6-8 with 77 yards or win 37-20 and go 30-37 with 350 yards, you still won the game.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Happy that was got the best possible matchup. I guess I should root for Andy but unlike most Eagles fans I don't have this desire to see him win one.

In far more important news, the USC coach the Eagles interviewed Graham Harrell is staying at USC.

This is so bizarre. I have no idea what the Eagles are doing with their coaching staff and the longer this drags out the more you get the feeling there wasn't a plan, not being able to call plays is a turnoff for most candidates, and maybe Doug never planned to make these changes to begin with.

I guess Gruden is still out there if they want him but again why would he want to come here and not at least call the plays? Caldwell? But he apparently has health concerns.

Probably down to Kafka or Press Taylor.

USC was kinda lame though.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Out of curiosity, I looked at the Conference Champ thread for LII and now, seeing those same peeps happy for their teams in the Bowl, I spread good vibes to your teams since everyone gave their spirit to defeat the Brady (Fucking LA you botched last year)

It's just, who do I root for?

SF or KC?
Andy Reid had a Superbowl stolen from him due to the other team cheating so everyone should be pulling for him.

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the 49ers get the job done.

Fuck the Chiefs,

Mahomes is going to get the largest QB contract we have seen which will heavily affect the pieces they can put around him.
Mahomes' contract is up after next year along with Kelce's. Hill's is up after 2022.

And defensive players need to be paid like Chris Jones.

If the Chiefs can't close the deal with a SB victory.. LOL

Sincerely,
Broncos fan.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy G does not need to do a lot.

Why mess with Mosert's monster performance?

I mean, you could have said the same about Tannehill with King Henry (who is a much better back than Mosert), and KC is built to make it difficult for teams that rely on their run game to play from behind, as evidenced yesterday.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you could have said the same about Tannehill with King Henry (who is a much better back than Mosert), and KC is built to make it difficult for teams that rely on their run game to play from behind, as evidenced yesterday.
The thing is that no one was saying the Titans weren't going to win because Tannehill wasn't doing enough, but for some reason that narrative sticks around Jimmy.

Everyone also forgets that Jimmy was pretty damn good in the regular season. 4th in TD passes, nearly 4k yards, tied for the league lead in 4th quarter comebacks, over 100 passer rating on the season. He has shown exactly what people are saying he hasn't. Everyone is using the narrative from the beginning of the season to hold it against him. If not, they are looking at the first Seattle game as evidence.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

One of the major differences is how they run.

Tennessee with Henry is more of a straight up, power running game. They want to barrel over you.

San Francisco uses a zone running scheme, combined with lots of motion. Their backs are faster and they want to get the defense thinking you're going one way, and then bam, the ball is going the other way (see how they abused Carolina this year).

Shanahan is a master at manipulating a defense.

I can't wait for this game, it's going to be so much fun.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that no one was saying the Titans weren't going to win because Tannehill wasn't doing enough, but for some reason that narrative sticks around Jimmy.

Everyone also forgets that Jimmy was pretty damn good in the regular season. 4th in TD passes, nearly 4k yards, tied for the league lead in 4th quarter comebacks, over 100 passer rating on the season. He has shown exactly what people are saying he hasn't. Everyone is using the narrative from the beginning of the season to hold it against him. If not, they are looking at the first Seattle game as evidence.

I don't disagree. I was just disagreeing with the notion that Jimmy won't have to do a lot.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
USC was kinda lame though.

Yeah but his background in the air raid system would have brought something different. I just don't want yes men.

Most of the Eagles fans I know hate Andy Reid

I don't hate him but I hated the last few yrs when he was running the show. He was completely out of it and needed the change of scenery but still I have no desire to see him win one cause he was the Eagles coach.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
If 49ers play zone the whole game they will lose. Kelce and Hill will eat all day on basic short passes that end up big gains.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up and Niners are going to the SB!

This is going to be a great matchup. I think Mahomes is the better qb, but he's going up against the best defense. The Niners also are the best run blocking team. But the way the Chiefs can claw back into games like they did against the Texans is scary.

Here is how both teams fared in week three of the preseason, which is the game the starters play the first half in. Both teams have changed a lot though.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Titans rushed three the whole game and generated zero pressure. That ain't happening with the 49ers.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Titans rushed three the whole game and generated zero pressure. That ain't happening with the 49ers.
It seemed like in the first quarter the Chiefs offensive line was getting killed. Mahomes was running all over the place... and then after the line just dominated the game. It was so weird to see such a huge turnaround so quickly.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed like in the first quarter the Chiefs offensive line was getting killed. Mahomes was running all over the place... and then after the line just dominated the game. It was so weird to see such a huge turnaround so quickly.
They started rushing three primarily. There was no push after that. Titans didn't want to give up the big play. That is coward football though and is not rewarded.