• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of theme would you like for the OT to be based on weekly?

• Headlines from the previous week

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Upcoming game of the week

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Random Stuff

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • Whatever Fanto comes up with

Votes: 95 41.7%

• Total voters

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
The Steelers were probably going to draft a safety in the first next year, anyway. Sean Davis isn't all that good and is a free agent at the end of the year. Fitzpatrick is good, man. I'm just concerned that he wants to dictate which position he'll play; slot corner, although he'd be a massive upgrade there, too.

It's a vote of confidence with Mason, and as others have said - our defense is filled with first and 2nd rounders... so I'd rather have a young known quantity than us reach in the first again for a DB that is mediocre.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Friendly reminder that starting the season 0-2 gives you a 12 percent chance to make the postseason. That means the Jets, the steelers, the Dolphins, the Bengals, the steelers, the Jaguars, the Broncos, the Giants, the steelers, the Redskins, the Panthers and oh yeah, the steelers!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So a top 10 pick (probably top 6-8) and then a bit of value back to the Steelers. Seems like a good deal for the Dolphins who won't be good in time to take advantage of his affordable years. Not sure how it makes a ton of sense for the Steelers unless they think that Ben comes back strong next year or Rudolph is really a diamond in the rough (neither of which I'd bet on if I were their GM).

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
BROWNS WIN!!!
doctor-who-kiss.gif

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
So a top 10 pick (probably top 6-8) and then a bit of value back to the Steelers. Seems like a good deal for the Dolphins who won't be good in time to take advantage of his affordable years. Not sure how it makes a ton of sense for the Steelers unless they think that Ben comes back strong next year or Rudolph is really a diamond in the rough (neither of which I'd bet on if I were their GM).

Mason has literally shown nothing but promise this season.

And while we might not be an offensive juggernaut, there's a lot of value in a team that has a solid running game, good offensive line, and strong defense. If we can sure up the defense, then we can win games.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mason has literally shown nothing but promise this season.

And while we might not be an offensive juggernaut, there's a lot of value in a team that has a solid running game, good offensive line, and strong defense. If we can sure up the defense, then we can win games.
It's certainly possible I'm underselling them. Hard to tell when @ New England and then hosting Seattle sto start the season. Looking at the schedule they look like a 6-7 win team to me.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly an interesting way for the GM, Kevin Colbert, to go out. Didn't sign an extension, so he appears to be leaving and then trade away all the draft picks.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a ton to give up for the Steelers, doesn't it? It's certainly within reason that's a top 15 or even top 10 pick which seems like a major risk for a franchise with an unstable future. I guess you get him pretty early though.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Eagle fans...How good is this guy?

He's a good 6th OL, but I would not want him as a starting tackle. He's solid in run blocking, but he needs a lot of help pass blocking. He has a poor understanding of space and tends to overextend when letting rushers come to him, which gets his weight too far forward. And once your weight is that far over your feet, you have no balance or strength and defenders can get around you in any number of ways. If he can get his hands on people he's okay, so in the SB run, our TEs and RBs did a lot of chipping to help him out.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Slyly threw in some dough for a most points side bet this week in my league because I knew I'd get to play Pats DST against Miami. It paid off.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for us to trade a 4th for him. He'd be a huge upgrade over Skule.

I'm kind of intrigued to see Skule start, which is likely happening for this next game at least.

He went up against some pretty good pass rushers and held his own in college. I know he had some welcome to the NFL moments in preseason, but he could be the type that gets better with more playing time. We shall see on Sunday.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of intrigued to see Skule start, which is likely happening for this next game at least.

He went up against some pretty good pass rushers and held his own in college. I know he had some welcome to the NFL moments in preseason, but he could be the type that gets better with more playing time. We shall see on Sunday.
I hope you're right. We're likely gonna see how he does regardless on Sunday. Hoping im wrong, but if he's as bad as I feared, I'd gladly give up a 4th or 5th for a decent 6th ol.