• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
So, after reviewing the final Packers play (the interception)... why wasn't it reviewed for defensive pass interference at all? It was a turnover play and under 2 minutes so you'd kind of assume it would be an automatic review, and looking at it again it sure looks like MVS was getting hit early.

Was it within 5 yards?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
The DC team needs to clean house after they start 0-4. I grew up in MD and I'm tired of seeing all my friends who are fans of the team become apathetic due to Snyder and Bruce Allen's incompetence.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Gase and Douglas are close from the 1 yr they spent together with the Bears. Douglas was always rumored to go to the Jets GM because of their relationship. Gase is safe for at least another season or two.

Right but they have to move salary and get more picks, he might be made available.
They don't tho? They already have like 13 picks and over $100M in cap space. The picks and cap space is neglible at that point. And they just handed him an extension. He also said he doesn't want out because they approached him after the Minkah trade and said he was in their longterm plans

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
They don't tho? They already have like 13 picks and over $100M in cap space. The picks and cap space is negligible at that point. And they just handed him an extension. He also said he doesn't want out because they approached him after the Minkah trade and said he was in their longterm plans

Him wanting to stay is different and maybe the only reason they don't.

They didn't need to trade Minkah at all (he is on a rookie deal) or even Tunsil really. They did it anyway. Even with those guys they probably go 1-15 or 2-14 and had the best shot at the #1 pick.

Who knows. I am sure Howie is looking out for any potential deals. Most likely they just bring back Orlando and work to get the injured guys back by the Minnesota game.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Still think the Eagles are bad (and maybe the worst team of all time int he first quarter) but atleast last night showed that the Eagles aren't gonna roll over for the top tier of teams. A Jets game after a long week sounds like a nice way to get our season back on track

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Still think the Eagles are bad (and maybe the worst team of all time int he first quarter) but atleast last night showed that the Eagles aren't gonna roll over for the top tier of teams. A Jets game after a long week sounds like a nice way to get our season back on track

Bad is a weird extreme take. For a team that was considered one of the favorites in the NFC to make and or win the SB, they surely don't look like it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Bad is a weird extreme take. For a team that was considered one of the favorites in the NFC to make and or win the SB, they surely don't look like it.

They just seem like a "master of none" team right now. The pass rush isn't special anymore since injuries. The secondary is bad. Wentz is great in spots, average in others. The receiving core is obviously shoddy with the injuries.

The only "great" aspects of the team are offensive line play (which we've still seen so far is inconsistent) and the run defense (which is stellar)

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thursday night football is dumb and I honestly don't base many judgements on those games. Teams dont have enough time to rest players, a shit ton of injuries make it so teams have random depth issues, and teams dont have time to really prepare against the specific team they are facinng

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday night football is dumb and I honestly don't base many judgements on those games. Teams dont have enough time to rest players, a shit ton of injuries make it so teams have random depth issues, and teams dont have time to really prepare against the specific team they are facinng
I legit don't understand why the NFL doesn't just make it so teams on TNF have a bye the week before. It would fix every issue with TNF

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Pats have a cupcake schedule every year for existing in the afc east, and the cowboys have played three of the worst teams in the league, yet everyone's ready to anoint them already before week 4 is even over. So hearing comments about the eagles schedule difficulty is laughable.

People said the same shit in 2017. This team can find a way to win more games if they learn from their mistakes and show up on big moments like they did last night.

The difference being is that while the patriots have had an easy schedule as well, theyve beaten every team handily like they should have whereas the eagles have not only struggled to beat bad teams by more than one score, theyve outright lost to bad teams as well. Like its really not even at all comparable.

This also aint 2017

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Hopefully the Vikings D can force Mitchell (don't call him Mitch) Trubisky into making a lot of his usual mistakes, but the guy always seems to find his deep down shine when he plays the Vikes. On the other side of the ball there's... Cousins. Yeah. Who are some good, young college QBs I should be looking at in the next two drafts? I've already checked out on ole' Granite Jaw Kirk I think.

Starting 0-2 in the division will be brutal for either the Bears or the Vikes, but worse for the Bears, as they would be two division losses at home.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So, after reviewing the final Packers play (the interception)... why wasn't it reviewed for defensive pass interference at all? It was a turnover play and under 2 minutes so you'd kind of assume it would be an automatic review, and looking at it again it sure looks like MVS was getting hit early.
There was a guy wide open to the right and Rodgers panicked and threw into multiple defenders instead.

Nov 23, 2017
FLY EAGLES FLY. Getting that dub on the road to victory in Lambeau. I just love to see it. Just gotta keep up with Dallas and them beat them. They're capable.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
One thing I forgot to mention...Mack Hollins.

He is great on STs and as a WR blocks really well. He caught the few targets he got his way yesterday but so many times I see him line up and then look back at the QB and other WRs confused as hell as if he doesn't know what the call or play is.

Then he also had a go route on which he jogged and barely looked back as if he gave up and never expected the pass to come his way. Wentz did go to him and he never even tracked the ball.

He needs to get his head into the game.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The DC team needs to clean house after they start 0-4. I grew up in MD and I'm tired of seeing all my friends who are fans of the team become apathetic due to Snyder and Bruce Allen's incompetence.
You and me both buddy
Our failure starts from the top, starting with Dan and Bruce
We unfortunately can't get rid of Dan, but they can extend an olive branch to the fanbase by firing Bruce
Unfortunately, I have no hope in Dan learning his lesson and actually trying to hire the right team president/GM to construct a stable organization, he just wants yes men that will carry out his bidding

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Redskins are really only a good defense, good offense, good special teams and a good coach from being relevant again.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
because the NFL is run by billionaire old conservative white men who do not actually care about their players or their safety.
This is true. They don't want to be hamstrung with scheduling but it seems like it would be easy to place the tnf participants with a bye week. You can put that week whenever. I bet they have some dumb rule with scheduling that is internal.

'To ensure competitive equality, we let a computer randomly pick the bye week for each team and let the computer randomly consider if Kap can play. Every week, the same result: no.'

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Redskins are really only a good defense, good offense, good special teams and a good coach from being relevant again.

Isn't the D line good at least with Jonathan Allen and that other Alabama kid in the middle? I think Allen was literally shitting on the nfl like "oh these are easy practices compared to Alabama" lol

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
User Warned: derogatory language
The report that Jay Gruden might be fired if he does not win next week does not make a whole lot of sense to me. You either think he is the future coach of your team, or you do not. To say that one game next week is going to make a difference is completely retarded. Any organization that is basing a decision of a coaching fire pending one result has some real problems, which is why I am not really buying it. They know if they are going to fire him or not already.