• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Eagles vs. Football Team" will never not be hilarious

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Giants gonna win 4 games, FML it's gonna be a long season, short season if Covid fuck shit up..

May 25, 2019
London
There are two situations in the NFL that are already confusing to me.

The first one is in Chicago. You trade for Nick Foles and restructured his deal to guarantee him money through 2022 because last year was just so terrible under Trubisky. And yet, here you are starting Trubisky...whose fifth year option you have declined. What is going on?

The second one is in Philadelphia. Instead of using their 2nd round pick to trade up two spots and get CeeDee Lamb in the draft, they watched him go to their division rival Dallas and then turned around and used that pick on another QB. One of two things must be true with the Eagles: either Howie still thinks he is smarter than everyone else in the draft (and their recent cuts of players from the 2017 draft class should be proof otherwise), or they watched Wentz struggle at times over the last two years (go back to the Seattle and New England games from 2019) and are no longer sold on him, despite giving him a huge deal last offseason. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Let's go! I'm low-key key excited for the Colts this year. I hope they don't lose to the Jags week 1 lol.

Is it me or are several records being broken salary wise this off-season? Mahomes, Watson, and Heyward all got giant deals. I think the Colts center just signed for big money.

With the revenue reduction from covid and the reduced salary cap next year it will be interesting. I think the saints already are $60 million over next years cap. Seems like they are in this situation alot. Steelers went through this also a couple years ago.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or are several records being broken salary wise this off-season? Mahomes, Watson, and Heyward all got giant deals. I think the Colts center just signed for big money.

With the revenue reduction from covid and the reduced salary cap next year it will be interesting. I think the saints already are $60 million over next years cap. Seems like they are in this situation alot. Steelers went through this also a couple years ago.
Yeah Colts signed their center to am extension. Colts have a ton of cap though. It's why Ballard has been saving money.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
tXbBi1B.jpg

*puts hands on hips and puffs chest out*

proud_charmander_by_kol98_d525yi2-fullview.png

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Here I thought the season wouldn't happen but it's just days away. Still not sure if I'm gonna be rooting for Brady and Gronk to succeed.

Excited to see how the Pats offense looks with Cam at center, hope he stays healthy and can make use of the WRs he has because they aren't much tbh.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
The tank season was actually fun. It's going to suck going 4-12 this year when we are not tanking.

The Miami Dolphins only player over 30 is Ryan Fitzpatrick
Nearly 50% of the team is under 25

This year is going to suck (obviously), but it's looking pretty bright when you look Tua the future.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Season predictions (updated):

AFCE - Buf, Cheats, Mia, NYJ
AFCN - Bal, Pit*, Cle, Cin
AFCS - Ten, Ind*, Hou, Jax
AFCW - KC, Den*, Vegas, LAC

NFCE - Dal, Phi*, Football Team, NYG
NFCN - Min, GB, Chi, Det
NFCS - NO, TB*, Atl, Car
NFCW - Sea, SF*, LAR, Az

SB - Pit 84 - Sea 3

Last edited:

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
LET'S GO BUFFALO!

...I mean, you always let us down so why should this year be any different, but I can't help but love you anyway

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Awesome OP, Fanto.

Eagles look set to lead the league in games lost by projected Week 1 starters already and we haven't even had a Covid-19 outbreak yet.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Season predictions:

AFCE - Buf, Cheats, Mia, NYJ
AFCN - Bal, Pit*, Cle, Cin
AFCS - Ten, Ind, Hou, Jax
AFCW - KC, Den*, Vegas, LAC

NFCE - Dal, Phi*, Football Team, NYG
NFCN - Min, GB, Chi, Det
NFCS - NO, TB*, Atl, Car
NFCW - Sea, SF, LAR, Az

SB - Pit 84 - Sea 3
There are 3 WC teams this year

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I only just started paying attention to training camp stuff in the last week or two. Sounds like the Giants secondary will be pretty bad and it'll be up to the d-line. Really only here to see what Judge brings and year two of Jones though hearing o-line concerns again.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird that this thread even exists, but here we go! Great work on the OP.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019

Fitzmagic will never die.

Seriously, it's been years since he played for the Bills and I still kinda love the guy.
And real talk? If you're a 'phins fan, I'm in your corner too. That team keeps playing their hearts out and they and the fans deserve a great season.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Fitzmagic will never die.

Seriously, it's been years since he played for the Bills and I still kinda love the guy.
And real talk? If you're a 'phins fan, I'm in your corner too. That team keeps playing their hearts out and they and the fans deserve a great season.
will always have a soft spot for the harvard hobo

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It does not feel like football season to me but I'm sure glad we are back! Let's go Cardinals! I'm calling Kyler Murray MVP right now.

Also, I think the Bucs are gonna be this years Browns. All media glamour and no substance on the field. Hope I'm wrong though because that could be a fun team to watch.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least Carolina can get its rebuilding year* out of the way during what will inevitably being a weird-ass season.

*I'll probably say that next season, and the next are rebuilding seasons, too.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Secondary is going to get absolutely smoked this year.

Can't wait to see teams throwing all over this defense like they got the difficulty sliders set to Rookie.
Darnay Holmes is inconsistent but could be very good, basically early career Janoris Jenkins. The rest of the secondary at the moment is a big fucking yikes though. I really liked the Xavier McKinney pick but it looks like he won't play any time soon.

Best case scenario is the season is like 2015 where the offense keeps them in the game through shootouts that are lost on last second field goals. Jones should be able to take the next step as a QB and possibly reach the top 10 this year.

Also, really controversial take elsewhere: Even as a Darnold defender who hated the Saquon pick, I believe it is in the best interest of the Jets to tank this season and draft Lawrence/Fields/Lance next year. Darnold might be fucked beyond repair at this stage and by the time the roster is ready for contention they won't be able to take advantage of his rookie contract anymore.

Though the biggest issue with that (if your goal is Trevor Lawrence) is nobody beats Matt Rhule at tanking. The man has a great history of bottoming out programs in order to move up from there.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Well, at least Carolina can get its rebuilding year* out of the way during what will inevitably being a weird-ass season.

*I'll probably say that next season, and the next are rebuilding seasons, too.

T A N K F O R T R E V O R

Yeah, it's gonna be a couple years. Rhule worked miracles at Baylor though given that the program had been justifiably burned to the ground when he got there. I'm optimistic.