• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
2K5 is amazing(and APF 2K is good) but I'm happy about a non simulation game too. The Bigs games were great, 2K should follow what they did with those.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
I think they need to clarify what determines stimulation before we get disappointed.

Simulation could mean anything, like full season mode or extra features like draft combine stuff. Or it could mean realistic gameplay. We don't know.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
My heart skipped a beat until i saw non simulation games.

Regardless, NFL back with 2K!!!

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A non sim NFL game that is good might actual sell more then 10 copies outside north america.

2K might have a winner here if they do it right.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I'm not so sure there's an appetite for arcade style licensed sports games anymore. Remember in 2012 when EA tried relaunching FIFA Street and NFL Blitz? Those games bombed. FIFA tried adding something like that this year in their Volta mode, but I don't know anyone in their community that plays it.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is an audience out there. If so, great. But it still feels to me like trying to revive a style of game thats appropriately dead.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
My first thought (hope) was maybe an NFL Blitz type game..but if the NFL still wont allow the big hits, unnecessary roughness and over the top commentary like the Midway games had I'd rather they don't even bother.

squilliedee

Jan 4, 2019
I don't think I've ever been so hyped and instantly let down down before, damnit man!!! I need that real NFL, not arcade style football ...

suntoucher

Oct 27, 2017
I had more fun with NFL Street and Blitz than with any Madden/NFL 2K game. Hopefully 2K will deliver a similar, fun, experience.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
No simulation means it's time for 2k's spiritual successor to Tecmo Super Bowl. I'd buy that.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I wouldn't assume they mean non-simulation as in the sense of, like, the sim-to-arcade continuum of "realness", because how would you even legally define that

I think it's going to be, like, a not-controlling-players-running-around-with-the-ball type of thing
True, pretty hard to define what is a simulation and what isn't. Was thinking something akin to NBA Playgrounds or NFL Street but then is the act of just playing the game with those licenses counted as a sim? Or does it only count if they have proper stats or the game rules? God I hate licensing - the pessimist in me is now betting it'll just end up as a match-3 game with P2W mechanics...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm not so sure there's an appetite for arcade style licensed sports games anymore. Remember in 2012 when EA tried relaunching FIFA Street and NFL Blitz? Those games bombed. FIFA tried adding something like that this year in their Volta mode, but I don't know anyone in their community that plays it.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is an audience out there. If so, great. But it still feels to me like trying to revive a style of game thats appropriately dead.

Those game were very disappointing which is why I didn't pick them up. I remember Blitz not even having jump throws. LAAAAME.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people trust 2k to make a good sim game anyway after how they managed NBA2k this gen. Sports sims are dead in the age of micro transactions. Bring back arcade sports.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I haven't ever played the NFL 2K games, so how non-simulation are they compared to NFL Blitz?

NFL 2k, especially 2k5, was a better simulation then Madden.

That exclusive license (and EA being lazy as fuck) has killed NFL games for well over a decade now.

I doubt we'll get a Blitz style game out of this, as the NFL, due to the CTE/concussion issue, wants to move away from things like this.

Hopefully, with EA's contract ending soon, the NFL moves away from this exclusive bullshit and we can start getting more NFL games.

I miss having games like 2k, Gameday, QB Club.

It might even force EA to pull their heads out of their asses and start making good football games again (something they haven't done since 2005)

I miss having options.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Legit amazing news.

Finally I'll be able to put away my dreamcast and copy of 2k we play money games on from time to time.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
"Non-simulation" can fuck right off. Also, I've read that 2K's sports games have been scummy in recent years.

2K5 remains the last NFL game I've purchased.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make a new all pro football game please!

ps3-allprofootball__90973.1566773204.jpg

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Panzer Dragoon revival? NFL2K returning? Sonic beats Pokemon at the box office? Shenmue 3 finally released? Yakuza fever?

The world is ready for Dreamcast 2.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Don't expect a Blitz style game out of this.

The NFL wants to avoid anything that glorifies big hits to try to save face due to the whole concussion situation.