• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance you have links handy?

mYpRGom.png

www.spiegel.de

Cristiano Ronaldo: New Documents Emerge in Rape Allegations

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make his fans happy on the field. Off of it, however, things aren't looking so bright: A woman has accused him of raping her in 2009, and there is an extremely sensitive document that supports her story. His lawyers say it is a fabrication. Is it? By DER SPIEGEL Staff

Nov 30, 2018
Perhaps the reason that some people are skeptical about the whole affair is because not even a month ago a similar case happened and turned out the "victim" (quotes in that case) was lying

So its not so mind blowing that some might want to wait until being 100% certain that hes a rapist....

But those who think hes guilty beyond reasonable doubt are also free to crucify him as a rapist.

There's far more actual rapists than liars. It's a 93-94% to 6-7% split. At best.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance you have links handy?

"I fucked her from the side. She made herself available. She was lying on her side, in bed, and I entered her from behind. It was rough. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available. The whole time it was rough, I turned her onto her side, and it was fast. Maybe she got some bruises when I grabbed her. (...) She didn't want to 'give it to me,' instead she jerked me off. I don't know any more exactly what she said when she was jerking me off. But she kept saying no. 'Don't do it' -- 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards."

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...nts-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): dismissing rape accusations, misrepresenting facts surrounding rape allegations
mYpRGom.png

www.spiegel.de

Cristiano Ronaldo: New Documents Emerge in Rape Allegations

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make his fans happy on the field. Off of it, however, things aren't looking so bright: A woman has accused him of raping her in 2009, and there is an extremely sensitive document that supports her story. His lawyers say it is a fabrication. Is it? By DER SPIEGEL Staff
Has any of this actually been proven to be real? Didn't Cristano come out and say it was fake?

The lack of any major media outlets making this front page news suggests it's not as cut and dry.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, if this really was just a scorned woman trying to get revenge by creating a false accusation, I hope she receives the same penalty he would of gotten if he was convicted.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
There's far more actual rapists than liars. It's a 93-94% to 6-7% split. At best.

I dont doubt that for a second, just saying why Brazilians might be skeptical about the whole ordeal.

Man, if this really was just a scorned woman trying to get revenge by creating a false accusation, I hope she receives the same penalty he would of gotten if he was convicted.

If this ends up being the case, nothing will happen to her. Seeing past false accusation here, the prosecution choose to not do anything with the accusers.

She say she has video of him attacking her so he will be fucked either way.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
So she lied and her attorney just left the case... she changed her testimony and now she sais that Neymar punched her wtf.

I don't know what to think anymore.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one defaulted to believing Neymar. They started to believe him because he released text messages which helped everyone get a better picture of the situation.

No, as always, there are disingenuous people acting smug and trying to bash a whole forum for no reason. It's not clear what happened here and there's new information every day, but for some, just receiving some conflicting information is enough:

I guess ERA jumped the gun really fast on this one, once again.

This shit happens all the time here and it's beyond irritating.

I dont doubt that for a second, just saying why Brazilians might be skeptical about the whole ordeal.

I don't know you seem to doubt a lot in this thread.

That's certainly justice!

addemann

Banned
Oct 2, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalencies and concern trolling surrounding sexual assault accusations; account still in junior phase

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, this case is all over the place. First Neymar showing intimate conversations and even (blurred) nudes of the victim to now the lawyer breaking lawyer-client privilege code.

I don't know what to think anymore. This is all messy as fuck and unprofessional.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Thank you! That is shockingly high. Your source suggests up to a ten percent of accusations is false.
My country (in Europe) has over 20000 reports of Sexual Violence per year. That would mean nearly 2000 false cases per year. False accusations should be punished just as hard as the crime, if not harder.
How about no, falsely accusing someone of rape isn't as bad as actually raping someone

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! That is shockingly high. Your source suggests up to a ten percent of accusations is false.
My country (in Europe) has over 20000 reports of Sexual Violence per year. That would mean nearly 2000 false cases per year. False accusations should be punished just as hard as the crime, if not harder.
When you factor in the victims that don't report, It isn't "shocking high" at all. Also it is very hard to prove rape, so wouldn't doubt that 10% isn't correct

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting thing is that I've seen many people in social media discredit the victim after her lawyer dropped the case.

This means jackshit, the lawyer could have been offered a deal by Neymar's team, or he could have decided to drop the case to not fuck his name because people in Brazil are HEAVILY leaning towards Neymar's side.

I prefer to always believe the victim until proven otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I can't read this at the moment (crap phone) - is it 10% false accusations (as in malicious purposeful false accusations), or 10% found not guilty (as in the cases where not enough evidence was found for a conviction)?
"between 2 percent and 10 percent. The following
studies support these findings:
y A multi-site study of eight U.S. communities
including 2,059 cases of sexual assault found
a 7.1 percent rate of false reports (Lonsway,
Archambault, & Lisak, 2009).
y A study of 136 sexual assault cases in Boston
from 1998-2007 found a 5.9 percent rate
of false reports (Lisak et al., 2010).
y Using qualitative and quantitative analysis,
researchers studied 812 reports of sexual
assault from 2000-2003 and found a 2.1
percent rate of false reports (Heenan
& Murray 2006).
Many published reports do not clearly define false
allegation, and often include data that falls outside
of most accepted definitions (Lisak et al., 2010). The
International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
upholds that, "The determination that a report
of sexual assault is false can be made only if the
evidence establishes that no crime was committed
or attempted" (IACP National Law Enforcement
Policy Center, 2005, pp. 12-13). The FBI and IACP
have issued guidelines that exclude certain factors,
by themselves, from constituting a false report
(Lisak et al., 2010, p. 1320). These include:
y Insufficient evidence to proceed to prosecution
y Delayed reporting
y Victims deciding not to cooperate with
investigators
y Inconsistencies in victim statement"

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
"between 2 percent and 10 percent. The following
studies support these findings:
y A multi-site study of eight U.S. communities
including 2,059 cases of sexual assault found
a 7.1 percent rate of false reports (Lonsway,
Archambault, & Lisak, 2009).
y A study of 136 sexual assault cases in Boston
from 1998-2007 found a 5.9 percent rate
of false reports (Lisak et al., 2010).
y Using qualitative and quantitative analysis,
researchers studied 812 reports of sexual
assault from 2000-2003 and found a 2.1
percent rate of false reports (Heenan
& Murray 2006).
Many published reports do not clearly define false
allegation, and often include data that falls outside
of most accepted definitions (Lisak et al., 2010). The
International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
upholds that, "The determination that a report
of sexual assault is false can be made only if the
evidence establishes that no crime was committed
or attempted" (IACP National Law Enforcement
Policy Center, 2005, pp. 12-13). The FBI and IACP
have issued guidelines that exclude certain factors,
by themselves, from constituting a false report
(Lisak et al., 2010, p. 1320). These include:
y Insufficient evidence to proceed to prosecution
y Delayed reporting
y Victims deciding not to cooperate with
investigators
y Inconsistencies in victim statement"
Thanks, I see they make a distinction regarding cases that just didn't lead to guilty charges etc

addemann

Banned
Oct 2, 2018
How about no, falsely accusing someone of rape isn't as bad as actually raping someone

Of course it is. Unless your name i Christian Ronaldo, a false rape accusation can absolutely rip your life apart. Not only do society completely shut you out, it's also career breaking. On top of that, it makes actual victims vary of reporting the crime.

When you factor in the victims that don't report, It isn't "shocking high" at all. Also it is very hard to prove rape, so wouldn't doubt that 10% isn't correct

Did you read the report? Of course the hidden statistics may be huge, but the report do classify the reports as false only if proven false. Up to 10 % is still very significant.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Of course it is. Unless your name i Christian Ronaldo, a false rape accusation can absolutely rip your life apart. Not only do society completely shut you out, it's also career breaking. On top of that, it makes actual victims vary of reporting the crime.
Mate, have a word with yourself.

How can you be saying being falsely accused of rape is as bad as raping someone?

Wow

addemann

Banned
Oct 2, 2018

How can you be saying being falsely accused of rape is as bad as raping someone?

Wow

How can you not? Both absolutely and effectively tears you life apart in different ways. The stigma surrounding false accusation must be so high that the punishment is equal to the accusation behind it. If the punishment is not severe, people will continue to make false claims thus leading to real victims not reporting instead.

Dosia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding assault, previous severe infractions

Wow

It's pretty close. So if someone has to go to prison for 5 years for a false accusation that isn't terrible?

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
How can you not? Both absolutely and effectively tears you life apart in different ways. The stigma surrounding false accusation must be so high that the punishment is equal to the accusation behind it. If the punishment is not severe, people will continue to make false claims thus leading to real victims not reporting instead.
Do you believe it is false accusations that are stopping people from reporting?

Would you say the same (re accusations just as bad as the crime) of;
- murder
- robbery
- paedophillia

?

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people in this thread just begging for it to be made up to push their 'well women lie about this stuff' narrative is shocking. Same people that don't give a fuck about victims of rape but pipe up when somebody is falsely accused, which is incredibly rare.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
it's not the same , both are truly awful but getting raped is worse ( i . had a friend who it happened to , and it wasn't pretty, the false accusations thing can be terrifying, so dismissing it as a small percentage is always dicey to me, it happens and the people are still valid , but rape victims in general need to be treated much much better )

addemann

Banned
Oct 2, 2018
Do you believe it is false accusations that are stopping people from reporting?

Would you say the same (re accusations just as bad as the crime) of;
- murder
- robbery
- paedophillia

?

Absolutely. I'm convinced the fear of not being trusted or believed is a big reason in why victims hesitate from reporting. Im not really seeing what we are arguing about here? Would i say the same of other crimes? Yes, obviously. Maliciously false accusations should be punished very severely. You do not agree here?

Ignore him, not worth it

Why, i'm arguing for my point and i'm not trolling. I really don't see whats so controversial here? False accusations is devastating for the victim and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

it's not the same , both are truly awful but getting raped is worse ( i . had a friend who it happened to , and it wasn't pretty, the false accusations thing can be terrifying, so dismissing it as a small percentage is always dicey to me, it happens and the people are still valid , but rape victims in general need to be treated much much better )

I agree that victim blaming is despicable, but as a friend of someone who actually was falsely accused (and actually managed to prove it) i know how close he was to the breaking point. I'm not saying in any way that we should question victims further or that they should be disbelieved.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people in this thread just begging for it to be made up to push their 'well women lie about this stuff' narrative is shocking. Same people that don't give a fuck about victims of rape but pipe up when somebody is falsely accused, which is incredibly rare.
They barely post then crawl out of the woodwork for stuff like this

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Absolutely. I'm convinced the fear of not being trusted or believed is a big reason in why victims hesitate from reporting. Im not really seeing what we are arguing about here? Would i say the same of other crimes? Yes, obviously. Maliciously false accusations should be punished very severely. You do not agree here?
We do not. People don't report out of fear, fear of being attacked for reporting, fear that they won't get a conviction, fear of the accused, fear of the accused's friends and family, fear of being ostracised, etc etc
I agree that victim blaming is despicable, but as a friend of someone who actually was falsely accused (and actually managed to prove it) i know how close he was to the breaking point. I'm not saying in any way that we should question victims further or that they should be disbelieved.
Well there we have it

You should try speaking to more people who have actually suffered from the trauma of being raped, might give a less bias view on this

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I looked a decent bit into the Ronaldo case and I'm honestly baffled more people don't condemn a literally self-admitted rapist.
This case looks a lot more muddy, with neither side providing clear cut evidence yet.

Chances are the woman will release the video that she says she has, and we'll see what happens then.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Why are these attorneys revealing privileged communications with a former client to the media?
Ma boy, the whole judiciary system in Brazil has gone nuts in the last half decade.... we even got a judge wiretapping the whole law office of a case, in the same case he wiretapped the President's phone (he was a trial court judge, nowhere near having rights to do that) and leaked it directly to the biggest TV channel in Brazil. His punishment? He is now the Minister of Justice! Everybody is doing whatever they want.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
We do not. People don't report out of fear, fear of being attacked for reporting, fear that they won't get a conviction, fear of the accused, fear of the accused's friends and family, fear of being ostracised, etc etc

Well there we have it

You should try speaking to more people who have actually suffered from the trauma of being raped, might give a less bias view on this

are we forgetting the whole "innocent until proven guilty" motto or what? it's unfair to both parties to unequivocally believe one over the other in the beginning.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It happens all the time everywhere, this anti-era framing is just as bad.

Just so we're clear, you think my post highlighting two 'ERA hivemind' type disingenuous posts is as bad as the posts themselves?

are we forgetting the whole "innocent until proven guilty" motto or what? it's unfair to both parties to unequivocally believe one over the other in the beginning.

We're not jurors and as far as we know, none of us are police involved in this situation. So I'm unclear how it applies. I'm also not sure it even applies to Brazilian law if we were discussing it in a lawful sense.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
100% they are just as bad, yes.

There is no hive mind, at all. If people are too cowardly to speak up in threads where there's a lot of one side, that's on them.

But that's what I'm saying. And you're saying me contradicting these posts is as bad as the posts themselves? I'm very confused haha.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's unfair is to think this is a situation where both parties are on the same level. On one hand you have a millionaire superstar beloved by an entire nation, on the other hand you have a standard person. As a brazilian I have not seen ONE person in my social media not defending Neymar. Boohoo poor boy who's been accused of "false" rape allegations. Meanwhile the victim is getting harassed by the entire nation, memes are being made to make fun of her, she's is 100% getting tons of death threat and not to mention her lawyer broke attorney-client privilege after suspiciously giving a bad excuse to drop the case.

Like, for real, the woman related to the lawyers Neymar got violent during the consensual act. At that point, if the woman says "No", and Neymar continued, it's rape. Fuck these lawyers for being fucking pedantic over the word "rape" and "attacked".

Also the death threats made by the victim is understandable if she was (which she probably was) in a state of distress after being raped. Fuck people in my social media going like "See? She threatened Neymar when speaking with the lawyer! She clearly is a bad person!"

Last edited:

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever posted that Football Leaks article has pretty much changed my life as a Portuguese soccer fan. I dismissed the Ronaldo stuff because I never saw any big news stories on it and thought it was just attention seeking. I don't even know how to go about separating the person from the footballer when watching Portuguese national games now.

On topic, what a cluster this whole ordeal has turned into. False accusations are so detrimental to the progress we've made socially. It just gives more fuel for the degenerates who refuse to take any of these accusations seriously.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lawyer gave his explanation to dropping the case because the victim wouldn't settle for money and wanted Neymar to face justice (Which is 100% the right thing to do). After he tried countless of time to convince the victim to settle, the victim "offended" him by saying that it was not ethic to settle for money.

Yep, fuck this lawyer. His official statement was because of the pedantics between the word "attacked" and "raped" but he gave his thoughts why he decided to drop the case to national media while breaking attorney-client privilege.

Fucking bullshit.

Source (portuguese): https://g1.globo.com/sp/sao-paulo/n...a-havia-relatado-agressao-e-nao-estupro.ghtml

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever posted that Football Leaks article has pretty much changed my life as a Portuguese soccer fan. I dismissed the Ronaldo stuff because I never saw any big news stories on it and thought it was just attention seeking. I don't even know how to go about separating the person from the footballer when watching Portuguese national games now.

On topic, what a cluster this whole ordeal has turned into. False accusations are so detrimental to the progress we've made socially. It just gives more fuel for the degenerates who refuse to take any of these accusations seriously.
This hasn't been confirmed to be false, at all.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually fuming at the thought of this incompetent lawyer and his ignorance and arrogance trying to make a rape victim settle for money and getting "offended" after being called out by the victim herself, and making her looking even more bad after breaking attorney-client privilege.

I need to take a step outside.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's unbelievable.

When Neymar posted his stuff so many were so ready to believe whatever his side of the story is and just completely dismiss the victim.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's unbelievable.

When Neymar posted his stuff so many were so ready to believe whatever his side of the story is and just completely dismiss the victim.
This but I also think many people doesn't understand that the victim can withdraw her consent anytime, EVEN in the middle of sex. People believe just because they were sexting that it's okay and that she's wrong.

Guess what people, the moment a woman says No, it's over. Even in the middle of sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.