• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Welp
Doesn't matter how "keen" she was beforehand if she changed her mind and communicated that to him, at whatever point. No idea if that's the case, of course.
She seemed to have been keen before and after, with no hint of abuse the day after the assault allegedly took place.

Deleted member 33082

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Doesn't matter how "keen" she was beforehand if she changed her mind and communicated that to him, at whatever point. No idea if that's the case, of course.
Just click on the link you quoted and read the tweets if you want to know if that's the case?
She was very keen even after their encounter and the alleged rape.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in a fucked up way I can easily see how that happens and I think that's rather common, that one person assumed sex was on the table so they continued their advances. But why he wouldn't stop when the woman seemed uncomfortable or maybe even told him to stop is just beyond me. I get that he was drunk but damn man you have to be way smarter than that.
It's not about intelligence.

It's about being a powerful predator and using other people's bodies as your personal plaything to be discarded knowing you can get away with it.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it's necessary. He checks all the boxes to be prosecuted here. Art. 70 is just to decide the judge responsible. In this case, the art. 88 is applicable, he would be prosecuted in São Paulo.

His chat log with her, if not faked, proves that she was willing to have a relationship with him, and even after the incident there are bits where she asks him to come over. Of course, rape could have still happened in this case, but it makes it harder to prove. Unless she has a medical exam or other stuff that proves that she was forced to do it, I don't believe she has any chance in court tbh.
yeah, youre right, i completely forgot about 88. flags all the stuff in 7 cp too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Welp
She seemed to have been keen before and after, with no hint of abuse the day after the assault allegedly took place.
Just click on the link you quoted and read the tweets if you want to know if that's the case?

This might be true, but there are so many elements at play in situations like this.

A powerful person who you admire doing this to you and you don't quite understand what happened... are you wrong because you led them on? This person you admire couldn't possibly hurt you... it must be in your head, you're being silly! They're your friend still, of course they are... and even if they did hurt you, they were drunk and didn't mean it...

The power plays, self-guilt, traumas... it's too complex to be able to point at tweets that make it look like a person was fine with something and say that's evidence it wasn't rape.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I read it. We don't and can't know all the facts. Speaking as a lawyer, it's almost never possible to conclusively determine cases from just what the media put out.

Deleted member 33082

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I read it. We don't and can't know all the facts. Speaking as a lawyer, it's almost never possible to conclusively determine cases from just what the media put out.
As a lawyer, barring further changes evidence she may provide, do you think is there any chance a court of law would declare Neymar guilty of rape, given the evidence he provided that shows she was eager for sex before and after their encounter?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I guess ERA jumped the gun really fast on this one, once again.
What a surprise..

I hope these people never get to experience the horror that is to be accused of rape (that they are sure is 100% false) and have everyone in the world just instantly asking for their head, no questions asked no doubt about it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can we drop the nonsense "Era jumped to conclusion" posts.

Some people jumped to conclusion, y'all are on Era too.

Stop framing this place that way, and use your own voices to counter things you see as problematic.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Stop framing this place that way, and use your own voices to counter things you see as problematic.
Except if you compare this thread to the r/soccer thread about this same subject (with a much higher post count) you'll see the majority of posts from people avoiding jumping to conclusions. On fucking Reddit.
Might be anecdotal but it does kinda show the mindset of quite a lot of Resetera users.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017

I also hate that the jumped to conclusion crew still ignore that those cases are the minority. They act that this happen every day.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What cases are the minority? Rape does happen every day at scary amounts.
False accusations are in the extreme minority.

Except if you compare this thread to the r/soccer thread about this same subject (with a much higher post count) you'll see the majority of posts from people avoiding jumping to conclusions. On fucking Reddit.
Might be anecdotal but it does kinda show the mindset of quite a lot of Resetera users.

No except. This is not a hive mind. Use your voice to counter things if you think there's imbalance.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The mindset of "i'll refresh the thread until more info is out and if the allegation looks likely, probably say nothing, but if the allegation is questionable, broadly criticize the forum" that a lot of users have is also dumb.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

Should be in the rules. Every time a person says "Era thinks... " or "Era says.." they should be banned for life, for all i care. Happens all the time here. Aggravatig and idiotic.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Misrepresenting information, community generalizations, and previous severe infractions

There are certain topics in which you are not allowed to question the circumstances or statements given by the "victims" without eating a ban. Pretty much when it comes to rape or hate crime accusations its open season to trash the accused before any evidence is seen or the accused gets due process and often questioning the evidence or suggesting that someone is lying gets you banned. That's in stark contrast to other topics such as shootings where every page you have mods and "prominent members" preaching to not post any suspect information or opinions until the facts come out from reputable sources. So it gives the perception that era condones jumping to conclusions when it comes to certain topics but not others.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There are certain topics in which you are not allowed to question the circumstances or statements given by the "victims" without eating a ban. Pretty much when it comes to rape or hate crime accusations its open season to trash the accused before any evidence is seen or the accused gets due process and often questioning the evidence or suggesting that someone is lying gets you banned. That's in stark contrast to other topics such as shootings where every page you have mods and "prominent members" preaching to not post any suspect information or opinions until the facts come out from reputable sources. So it gives the perception that era condones jumping to conclusions when it comes to certain topics but not others.
Nope, this is not even close to true.

People are banned/warned when they outright dismiss things that are real concerns, what you're suggesting is the usual dishonest anti-Era noise.

nah, u get banned for that.
It's super pathetic when people like yourself try to frame this place that way. This doesn't happen, unless you're talking about people being banned for things like outright bigotry as "banning for different opinion".

You are incredibly dishonest.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Celebs definitely live in a guilty till proven innocent world, just look at this thread

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Should be in the rules. Every time a person says "Era thinks... " or "Era says.." they should be banned for life, for all i care. Happens all the time here. Aggravatig and idiotic.

Yep, I'm really sick of it. These people rarely ever have receipts. Just vague "era this or era that" posts. It's interesting that people supposedly interested in critical thought are so quick to generalize and paint with such a wide brush. In most threads lately, there's more posts bitching about era outrage culture or people's early thread opinions than anything.

What's tends to rub me the wrong way is how these people tend run in and behave as if a post or two on this board saying fuck (a potential rapist) is really the worst thing in the world. I even checked and there are maybe two posts saying fuck the guy and then general discussion regarding the accusation before someone goofball comes around with the "era lept to conclusions" as if we're going to personally go lock him up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what i see from the tweets she is basically trying to get exposure and money. I hate Neymar but it seems that he is innocent on this.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

There's a constant framing of "waiting to hear more about the story" to "not believing the victim". From the top of my head it happened regarding the case between Johnny Deep and Amber Heard as well as with Jussie Smollett. I'm sure I can find other exemples if I look deep enough but that's a prevalent sentiment albeit coming from good intentions.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
From what i see from the tweets she is basically trying to get exposure and money. I hate Neymar but it seems that he is innocent on this.
Just be aware that it's not always clear from a person's behaviour that they're being false.

So many dynamics and power plays involved in rape cases that a person can seem willing on the surface, even behaving in public like they're fine, when it was actively a matter of rape.

Is the woman still persuing this? If so, it's not 100% clear either way.

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just be aware that it's not always clear from a person's behaviour that they're being false.

So many dynamics and power plays involved in rape cases that a person can seem willing on the surface, even behaving in public like they're fine, when it was actively a matter of rape.

Is the woman still persuing this? If so, it's not 100% clear either way.

I can be wrong of course, and Im not trying to defende any type of rape here but with the information that we have atm, specially reading directly from the portuguese wording, it seems like a tipical extorsion tentative of a celebrity.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I can be wrong of course, and Im not trying to defende any type of rape here but with the information that we have atm, specially reading directly from the portuguese wording, it seems like a tipical extorsion tentative of a celebrity.
If that's how you feel seeing all evidence. Personally, I know rape victims and understand just how complex their relationships can be with their abusers while coming to terms with their abuse, so I'm not willing to make the call on that... either way, tbh,

There's a constant framing of "waiting to hear more about the story" to "not believing the victim". From the top of my head it happened regarding the case between Johnny Deep and Amber Heard as well as with Jussie Smollett. I'm sure I can find other exemples if I look deep enough but that's a prevalent sentiment albeit coming from good intentions.
I think "believe the victim" should mean "take any accusation seriously" not "demonize the accused".

When we know that false accusations are very rare, that patriarchal society is set to support men more than women, and how much backlash there still is to equality (see the ridiculous oppositions to #metoo), I fully understand if people are sick of victims not being supported and people getting away with horrific shit because they're powerful and might not be as open to this idea. I fully understand any backlash.

I don't think people calling to wait for more evidence before cancelling a person is a bad thing, but it is also true that that is quite often entwined with dismissal of legitimate concerns and the weight of statistics.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think "believe the victim" should mean "take any accusation seriously" not "demonize the accused".

When we know that false accusations are very rare, that patriarchal society is set to support men more than women, and how much backlash there still is to equality (see the ridiculous oppositions to #metoo), I fully understand if people are sick of victims not being supported and people getting away with horrific shit because they're powerful and might not be as open to this idea. People are sick and fucking tired of seeing people harmed, marginalized, oppressed by the powerful, I fully understand any backlash.

I don't think people calling to wait for more evidence before cancelling a person is a bad thing, but it is also true that that is quite often entwined with dismissal of legitimate concerns and the weight of statistics.

I understand the mindset and like I said, I know that it's coming from a good place but it seem to have slowly gone towards "the accuser is always right" which can be a bit problematic regarding discourse here.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
As a lawyer, barring further changes evidence she may provide, do you think is there any chance a court of law would declare Neymar guilty of rape, given the evidence he provided that shows she was eager for sex before and after their encounter?
If the text messages were literally the only evidence, which has never been and would never be the only evidence in a rape case, then no. But that's a fictional scenario.

I'm just saying people shouldn't jump to conclusions either way.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Once I was wrongly accused of abuse from my ex girlfriend. So I ALWAYS wait for the story to develop before making judgement of the situation.

I'm brazilian, so nothing is lot in translation. That said, It's pretty clear with the messages that Neymar is innocent.
He is being mocked by the whole country right now, but at least he proved his innocence

After he sent her a booty shot that he took after sex, she says that she wants to fuck with him 3 more times. On that day alone.
And in the day after they have a normal conversation, and she asks for him to visit again.

Look for a translation somewhere, guys

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems fairly clear cut to me that she's making this up to extort him. The real evidence is the messages she sent after they had sex, where she's eager to go for another round (or three) and there appears to be no uneasiness between the two of them at all.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
It's not about the sex.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I don't like Neymar. If he's guilty I hope he is severely punished and that he doesn't play football anymore in clubs. He has nothing to do in a footabll if he is convicted.

But let's see how the investigation goes. Let's not jump to early conclusions. But I guess if an investgations was opened that means the police must have some material or evidences. Let's see how this play out.

I guess this explains why he was stripped of the captaincy recently.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The picture of his young son in the background of the several WhatsApp screenshots with all the dirty talking/nudes is something else... He could have switched that out before taking the screen grabs.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah he is innocent. The conversations are pretty clear. It even shows the conversation after the day they had sex and she actually wanted to see him again. Anyone that knows portuguese can clearly understand it.

I think people should be more restrained with topics like this.

The first page is embarassing. A rape acusation can literally destroy someones life if it is not true, so good thing Neymar was very open about it.

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems fairly clear cut to me that she's making this up to extort him. The real evidence is the messages she sent after they had sex, where she's eager to go for another round (or three) and there appears to be no uneasiness between the two of them at all.

My thoughts as well, If those texts don't clear him of any wrong doing then I don't know what will.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Neymar denies rape accusation, releases texts and nude photos sent between him and alleged victim: deadsp.in/kSCKU6Q

"Releasing nudes of the person accusing you of rape" sure is a strategy.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Neymar denies rape accusation, releases texts and nude photos sent between him and alleged victim: deadsp.in/kSCKU6Q

"Releasing nudes of the person accusing you of rape" sure is a strategy.

She makes him the hottest story of the weekend with an acusation of rape and now HE has to show her simpathy for HER intimacy?

Come on.

It is not like it is even explicit since he blurred them.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
She makes him the hottest story of the weekend with an acusation of rape and now HE has to show her simpathy for HER intimacy?

Come on.

It is not like it is even explicit since he blurred them.
I'm not gonna sit here and tell she's some innocent victim, more that it's a profoundly bad idea and probably falls under revenge porn.

Status
Not open for further replies.