• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited, simply because (right now) there is no cinematic universe for this to be crowbarred into. I got bored of comic crossover events, needing to buy books I don't give a shit about just to keep up with the story. I'm fed up with needing to watch five other movies just so I can understand what's going on in the Avengers.

I want great movies that stand alone without them needing to be part of something bigger. I don't need this to dovetail into a Justice League movie.

This is such an incredibly blatant and desperate attempt to pump up DC's wretched movies, it's almost not worth a response. ALMOST.

You're "fed up" with needing to watch crossover movies? Because EVERYONE has a successful cinematic universe that's filled with tie-ins, not only ONE PROPERTY that for a majority of its life to this point has only released one or two movies per year? The same property that, over 10 years, has only released three, maybe four if you include Civil War, crossover movies? Yes, I can see why you'd be SO FED UP with that DELUGE of required crossover content. It's just SO OVERWHELMING. Good thing DC's bucking the trend with the standalone films!

Give me a fuckin' break.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
This is such an incredibly blatant and desperate attempt to pump up DC's wretched movies, it's almost not worth a response. ALMOST.

You're "fed up" with needing to watch crossover movies? Because EVERYONE has a successful cinematic universe that's filled with tie-ins, not only ONE PROPERTY that for a majority of its life to this point has only released one or two movies per year? The same property that, over 10 years, has only released three, maybe four if you include Civil War, crossover movies? Yes, I can see why you'd be SO FED UP with that DELUGE of required crossover content. It's just SO OVERWHELMING. Good thing DC's bucking the trend with the standalone films!

Give me a fuckin' break.

TFW you lose your shit because you completely misread the tone of something someone posted three months ago.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if they'll ever call Carol "Captain Marvel" in the movie. Captain America makes some sense as a propaganda tool for America in WW2. Iron Man was named by the press. Spider-Man is a dork who gave himself that name. Black Panther is a mantle passed down. Carol doesn't really fit any of those yet.

I'm sure Shazam will have a joke where they're brainstorming names and throw out "Captain Marvel" before settling on Shazam. Same reason as Spidey—he's a dork.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Give me a fuckin' break.

someone needs a hug.