• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Then what was all the talk a while ago from GameBiz or where ever it came from, where they were talking about people from a big publisher were worried?

It was allegedly one person from a third party developer. We don't know which developer or publisher it even was, much less how big they are. Seems like it wasn't substantial.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
how expensive are gpu with raytracing tech atm?
hope they're not crazy enough for another 599

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Hardware level raytracing sounds good, not exactly sold on the more modular install being a consistent feature. Sounds like the controller will have a built in battery which sucks.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • RE2make
  • Apex Legends
  • DMC
  • Division 2
  • Metro Exodus
  • DMC5
  • Sekiro
  • Days Gone
  • A Plague's Innocene
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Control
  • Gears of War 5
  • Astral Chain
  • Borderlands 3
  • Death Stranding
  • Star Wars The Fallen Jedi
  • CoD Modern Warfare
  • Zelda Links Awakening
This year has been fantastic.
Lots of bad/ok games and some unreleased games, not the worst year ever but definitely worse than average and probably the worst since 2014.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm surprised how many people in this thread weren't aware that PS5 -> PS4 backwards compatibility has already been announced.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • RE2make
  • Apex Legends
  • DMC
  • Division 2
  • Metro Exodus
  • DMC5
  • Sekiro
  • Days Gone
  • A Plague's Innocene
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Control
  • Gears of War 5
  • Astral Chain
  • Borderlands 3
  • Death Stranding
  • CoD Modern Warfare
  • Zelda Links Awakening

IMO a pretty unremarkable year. Last year was better and next year will be better too. There is also so far no mega hit like Breath of the Wild, God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm looking forward to Death Stranding, but I imagine it will be pretty divisive...

Last edited:

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
And what does Schreier tweeting this negates anything said in the other thread?

Different sources, different devs. Sony doesn't treat all devs equal, see the cross-play situation.

But you know what, believe what you want. Arguing in this case seems pointless.
true but I'm gonna stick with proven game journalists over a small site like game daily
  • ace combat 7
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • RE2make
  • Apex Legends
  • DMC
  • Division 2
  • Metro Exodus
  • DMC5
  • Sekiro
  • Days Gone
  • A Plague's Innocene
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Control
  • Gears of War 5
  • Astral Chain
  • Borderlands 3
  • Death Stranding
  • CoD Modern Warfare
  • Zelda Links Awakening
fixed that for you

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It almost feels as if they found out Microsoft was on the verge of announcing details for the next Xbox and felt like they needed to beat them to the punch at any cost.
Doesn't make much sense when they did their first announcement just like this and with wired.

Regardless cool news that's not super sexy but is the stuff that will actually make next gen better. I'm hoping for a much improved DualShock and legacy PS b/c.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of $399? Is the Resetera consensus $499?

I'll remain convinced that they'll stick with the golden $399 price point until proven otherwise.

It almost feels as if they found out Microsoft was on the verge of announcing details for the next Xbox and felt like they needed to beat them to the punch at any cost.

There's no doubt that Sony knows these articles are hitting before their competition. But I don't see them being as reactionary as your post implies.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Not a great chance of 399 after the spec details have come out. The consensus here seems to be that Sony will charge premium for PS5(499.99)
Only way they reach $399 is if they are willing to eat an insane amount of loss on each unit sold.

Ah, thanks. On one hand, this is good news in terms of the console being a beast. The bad news is that there is no way I am buying both consoles at launch, or any time soon thereafter. PS5 it is, Game Pass not withstanding.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
PC needs to get on board with the modular game installs. The next gen will have some tight features that will be hard to rebuke. Gets me more excited to see the QoL improvements Sony and MSFT can implement to make getting in and out of games as easy as possible.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The controller stuff sounds incredible. I just hope it doesn't cost the world lol.

"To that end, there are two key innovations with PlayStation 5's new controller. First, we're adopting haptic feedback to replace the "rumble" technology found in controllers since the 5th generation of consoles. With haptics, you truly feel a broader range of feedback, so crashing into a wall in a race car feels much different than making a tackle on the football field. You can even get a sense for a variety of textures when running through fields of grass or plodding through mud.

The second innovation is something we call adaptive triggers, which have been incorporated into the trigger buttons (L2/R2). Developers can program the resistance of the triggers so that you feel the tactile sensation of drawing a bow and arrow or accelerating an off-road vehicle through rocky terrain. In combination with the haptics, this can produce a powerful experience that better simulates various actions."

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The controller stuff sounds incredible. I just hope it doesn't cost the world lol.

"To that end, there are two key innovations with PlayStation 5's new controller. First, we're adopting haptic feedback to replace the "rumble" technology found in controllers since the 5th generation of consoles. With haptics, you truly feel a broader range of feedback, so crashing into a wall in a race car feels much different than making a tackle on the football field. You can even get a sense for a variety of textures when running through fields of grass or plodding through mud.

The second innovation is something we call adaptive triggers, which have been incorporated into the trigger buttons (L2/R2). Developers can program the resistance of the triggers so that you feel the tactile sensation of drawing a bow and arrow or accelerating an off-road vehicle through rocky terrain. In combination with the haptics, this can produce a powerful experience that better simulates various actions. Game creators have started to receive early versions of the new controller, and we can't wait to see where their imagination goes with these new features at their disposal."
It's literally just the HD Rumble you can find in the Switch, and the adaptive triggers you can find in the X1.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Sony ceo prepared everyone for 499 by saying it's a niche product and will have advanced features to appeal to hardcore gamers and as such will be priced accordingly. If it was 399 CEO wouldn't talk about it like that
In our current timeline, in no shape or form is a PlayStation console a niche product.

Not from a revenue standpoint.

Not from a commercial standpoint.

First I've heard any one associate niche with PlayStation.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
true but I'm gonna stick with proven game journalists over a small site like game daily

"I'm gonna stick with the narrative that fits my personal opinion and preference."

Do as you please. And please, continue to criticize the other report and the people who think that there's some truth to it as "blindly believing" while blindly believing something else.

Or ... don't.

No need to quote me again, I'm gonna spend the evening with my family and there's no time for pointless arguing with some ... You know?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
CANT WAIT. controller stuff sounds amazing aswell. I dont care about the price, will be there day 1

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's literally just the HD Rumble you can find in the Switch, and the adaptive triggers you can find in the X1.

That's not how I read it at all. The Xbox One features trigger rumble, not adaptive resistance. Eg, it either rumbles or it doesn't. The way Jim describes it is that pulling the trigger will have varying degrees of resistance and feel, not just rumble.

With regards to haptic feedback, the one implemented in the Switch joycons doesn't seem anything to write home about, and I certainly didn't feel the range of sensations described in this article, so presumably the version they're implementing is going to be more advanced.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the machine learning part. What should it be for? For me it seems they just said it in the article to sound fancy.