• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Anyone else not get the email? Insider account is fine, but mine has the Season 8 flight as still active (even though it deactivated on Steam)? Playing that shit better not have somehow fucked my shiz up.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Just remembered they took away our dope new combat sensor and this flight will have the traditional one... Sadge

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Oh wow, got the e-mail. I get back from holiday on the 26th so I was already set on not being able to play...but it's two weekends! I'm so happy right now, can't wait to finally get my hands on this.

-Tom

Aug 11, 2018
So I was in the last Infinite flight and was surprised to see I didn't get an email. I log in, and all my Insider info is wiped. Wonderful.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So... each slot in the UK is:

10am-2pm PT = 6pm-10pm BST

and

5pm-9pm PT = 1am-5am BST

Those times ain't great and get even worse in Europe!

Last edited:

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Got in again. Dunno how much I'll get to play this time especially with the time slots but will see.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

and

5pm-9pm PT = 1am-5pm BST

If it's like the last test the time slots don't actually matter because they keep the test going the whole weekend, those are just the times they give to try and get as many people as possible on at the same time for testing.

EDIT: Just read the blog, looks like they really are restricting it to those windows this time, that's a bummer.

Goldbob

Sep 21, 2020
How did downloading the beta work last time? Is it just an app on the xbox store or do they send you a code?

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Got an email overnight. Very pleased as I enjoyed what I played of the first flight.

Is it going to be the same app on Series X? Think I deleted it before but will redownload if so.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'm in, but I'm currently doing a university exchange in Finland and my internet connection is 10 Mbps lmao

Is it possible to pre-load these builds in advance?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
giphy.gif

Can`t wait. Watched some videos of the last flight and got hyped. Looked sooo good.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm in, but I'm currently doing a university exchange in Finland and my internet connection is 10 Mbps lmao

Is it possible to pre-load these builds in advance?
Not by much. It'll be available to download a little bit before start but we're talking hours iirc. Not days. It's something at least

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Where are people seeing the time slots?

And looks like the second weekend is more of an open beta since non-Waypoint people can play as well. Looks like a stress test. Hope the servers hold up since that's the only weekend I can play.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I didn't get an email and I signed up around the time of the first one, didn't get to participate on the flight. I hope I get it soon, cause I binged myself on the flight footage. Might do it again if I don't get in to cope 😅

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get a dedicated OT now. Even more now with the different times and even weekends also.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Yas! Im in!

The girlfriend is away friday-Sunday night. Premier League. F1. Halo. Get in.

ps. Holy shit its 2 weekends!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I got into the next two weekends, which I'm super keen for, but I only signed up for XSX. I was going to do PC as well but completely forgot to fill out the dxdiag stuff. Can I access PC even though I initially said console? I think I started the application but as I said didn't fill out the PC specific requirements.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wait really? That was literally the best change to the game....

For fucks sake 343.

MANY people voiced their opinion that it was not a good change, so they changed it back.

www.halowaypoint.com

Technical Preview Outcomes

<p>Welcome back, Halo Insiders! Now that the team has had a chance to process the feedback we received during last month’s Halo Infinite Multiplayer Technical Preview it’s time to unpack it all with the community. In this blog, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the overall key areas of...

The Combat Sensor, or radar, that sits in the bottom left of your HUD followed a different set of rules than previous Halo titles. It only displayed enemies when they were sprinting or shooting, which was more in line with Halo 5's "Threat Tracker." We knew that this implementation was going to feel different, maybe even a little contentious, and that's why we wanted to get feedback on it as soon as possible in the Tech Preview.

While some appreciated the new approach, we found that most players missed the old properties in these social matches. We've updated the Combat Sensor to feel more like the "Motion Tracker" of old, which shows all movement besides crouch-walking, and should have that ready for folks to test in the next flight. Be sure to keep an eye on it and let us know how it plays!

Don't blame 343i. Even people here were vocal against it at the start.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017

and

5pm-9pm PT = 1am-5am BST

This is so frustrating, as a parent my traditional gaming time is roughly 9pm - Midnight..

Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have an invite (again), and it being over two weekends, but PvP is all I'm interested in and last time I missed out trying that due to the pathetic time they made it available.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't get an email last time but still got into the preview. Cool your beans and check Waypoint when the download drops if you've not received one yet.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Got mine!

Sorry if answered, do we know if it's going to be a new download or if the previous technical test game will just get an update, i've left it installed.