• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Important Changes to Sport Mode
1. Matchmaking will now be separated into five regions.
To allow for a better online racing experience for players who are geographically located in very distant places, we will be changing the matchmaking regions of the Sport mode from the current three regions (Europe/Middle East/Africa, North/Central/South Americas, and Asia/Oceania) to five.
2. You can now join the same race multiple times in each round.
You can now join the same race multiple times in each round of the "FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships."
When joining the same race more than one time per round, players will receive points only for the race where they obtained the highest results.
These changes will be tested in the Daily Races beginning Wednesday, December 5, and are planned to be fully implemented from the start of the Exhibition Series Season 4 scheduled for Wednesday, December 19.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
PD looks to have finally streamline content and efficiently. This bodes well for GT7

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Greddy Fugu Z?? Whats that?

2015-sung-kang-datsun-fuguz-240z-sema-car-8.jpg

Daaaaaaaasmmmmnnn

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

Officially official hot lap of Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop by Igor Fraga.

Ah man I can't get a clear view of the road signs when pausing the video but I guess this is part of the C1 loop of the shutoko? Now all we need is for the track to be playable at night, and for there to be a special one-on-one battle mode where each racer has a life bar and any time you are in the lead your opponent's life bar starts draining, and drains faster the further ahead you are, and then the race is over and you win when your opponent's meter gets to zero. Also the track should include the Yokohama Bayshore Line (aka the Wangan) and some parts of the C2 loop maybe. Also there should be an open world free driving mode where you drive around and challenge other racers by flashing your high beams at them.

OP
OP
Mr. Pointy

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
^
The Central Loop layouts are more like the C1. This South Loop is from what I've read, based on a section of the Wangan.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I was a bit bummed when I found out that would "only" get a new Tokyo Layout. (two actually)
But I was wrong.
Both layouts are fantastic and easily the best Tokyo Layouts we have.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ohhh nice. I've been meaning to jump on this game at some point, so it's good to see they're still pushing support for it.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Had a few laps this morning, the new Tokyo Layouts are actually the best Tokyo layouts, really enjoyed them, especially the one with the chicane.

New cars seem a lot of fun as well, tried the F50, Z and P1 and they are all fun to drive.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
The new Tokyo layouts are awesome. They got the flow and visual appeal of the old Special Stage Route tracks. So much better than the launch layouts.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
I have recently jumped ship to PS4 from an Xbox One. How similar is this to Forza? What does the 'Sport' in GT actually mean? Is it a slimmed down version of a normal GT game? Or is just more aimed for multiplayer?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I have recently jumped ship to PS4 from an Xbox One. How similar is this to Forza? What does the 'Sport' in GT actually mean? Is it a slimmed down version of a normal GT game? Or is just more aimed for multiplayer?
Compared to Motorsport it's pretty similar. Forza Motorsport is Microsoft's GT afterall. The Sport means it's more oriented towards competition whereas before it wasn't. The game is probably the best out there for teaching you how to drive and best on console online racing.

Back to the update: the Trans Am sounds insanely better than in GT6!!

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC

It is online focused and has fewer cars, but you can still have like a 20+ hour solo time just doing gold times in the driving school and mission challenges. The GT league is just events against crappy AI with no progression.

I came from playing Forza for over a decade and think this game does a better job actually teaching players how to race. The online lobbies with driver rankings, ghosting, and penalties are generally cleaner than the Forza rammer parties.

Oct 27, 2017
The F50 is, as expected, just brilliant to drive; one of my favorite additions to the game, and having the full line of Ferrari's halo models is wonderful.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been doing laps in vr lately. That's all you can do in vr! Im glad to have at least that option. Im really hooping for more complete vr support on ps5. Its so good.