• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Should work perfectly fine - the X would render internally at 4k at 120fps and then output 1080p 120fps image to your E8.

Awesome thank you so much! I have purchased both Ori and the Blind Forest and Will Of The Wisps to play, should they be played in order?

I really feel MS should have been pushing this, Gears and Horizon 4 so much harder than they have. To lots of people they are essentially new games, just like Nintendo has done with all the Wii U ports

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Kinda don't understand the niche that these high frame rate Series S modes are targeting. You either have a HDMI 2.1 and an X or you don't. Series S owners surely have lesser TVs.

Yeah, I've been wondering this as well. They've been marketing it as the model for people with older TVs but have also been trumpeting 120Hz and 1440p support - not much use to all those people with TVs that'll only do 1080p60.

TBH I don't think 120Hz modes will be in the conversation any more once we move past this cross gen period.

mrqs

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome to see! There's almost no hdr content out there to show how 4k 120hz looks. This will be a great way to sell televisions in general.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah, I've been wondering this as well. They've been marketing it as the model for people with older TVs but have also been trumpeting 120Hz and 1440p support - not much use to all those people with TVs that'll only do 1080p60.

TBH I don't think 120Hz modes will be in the conversation any more once we move past this cross gen period.
I expect them to remain a thing in racing games and twitch shooters, but not at 4K.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Where the hell is my 8k / 480fps?

(4k / 120fps with HDR is gonna look stupidly good on the C9)

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I'm testing the new update on PC. Optimization it trully is remarkable. I'm playing it at 120-186 FPS with 200% internal resolution at 4K and with high settings + Sharpen 33% (I think that value is OK). If I cap it at 60 FPS without supersampling at 1080p my graphics card is just yawning lmao. Ryzen 1600 and RTX 2070 btw.

The game now looks crispy as hell. I love it.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I apologize if this has already been answered, haven't read the full thread. Do we know how well the first Ori is going to be optimized on the XSX? I've never played it and was hoping to finally blast through both games once the console comes in.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Does Xbox automatically uploads save data to the cloud? I stopped playing Ori a week ago so I can pick it up on Series X. Hope I can download the save or if it finds it automatically.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Seems like Series S can do anything.. 4K60 on this small 299 machine...

I mean, to put it into context, the Xbox One X had a partially CPU limited (presumably) 4k60 on Xbox One X, and the graphical power with optimized code for both is going to be around the same with the edge going to XSS, so it really isn't that crazy to me.

But yeah, the Series S is a little beast for the price, and I think once devs optimize their engines for it, the system will run games incredibly well.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Seeing all these ori videos makes me want to go back and play the game, and so now I regret finishing it already...

Would love a higher difficulty or something to get me back in. Hmm, maybe might just play the time trials.

Quite easily my GOTY and possibly my GOTG.

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
Do games running at 120fps "downsample" on a 60hz TV or should I not run any games above 60? Kinda of like outputting a 4K game on a 1080p television?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I've saved this game for XSX. Cannot wait. I'm not sure if my TV does 120hz though. How can I test?

Not sure if anyone answered your question or not. Not trying to sound rude but if you don't know if your TV supports it then it probably doesn't. 120 htz is only in top of the line tvs from the last couple of years or so.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Step aside Touryst I think this will be the first game I'll play on XSX.
If you have a 4K 120Hz TV that doesn't have HDMI 2.1 then what will it actually output? Or will you simply not be able to play in 120 FPS at all?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Step aside Touryst I think this will be the first game I'll play on XSX.
If you have a 4K 120Hz TV that doesn't have HDMI 2.1 then what will it actually output? Or will you simply not be able to play in 120 FPS at all?

If you don't have HDMI 2.1 then I think the TV will only support 120fps at 1440p or 1080p. I think?

Pretty sure 4K at 120Hz is reserved for HDMI 2.1 devices.