• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Nah I'm absolutely against native 4k, seeing what reconstruction can do. It's just interesting to see that the advertised difference does not work out the parameters (native 4k) are set, nothing more nothing less.
I guess my main reaction was that this game is actually over delivering on resolution, so I think it's odd to knock it for not being 1440p 120. They haven't promised 4K native games and they've delivered one!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
One of the best looking games of the gen now looking even better.
120FPS for this game is gonna be chefs kiss good

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So happy I've not played this yet. I'll try it out next week on my shiny new XSX.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I guess my main reaction was that this game is actually over delivering on resolution, so I think it's odd to knock it for not being 1440p 120. They haven't promised 4K native games and they've delivered one!
Yeah I get it, guess I'm not able to make my point :D My intention was not knock it for not b ing able to hit 1440p120, it was pure technical interest ^^

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Kinda don't understand the niche that these high frame rate Series S modes are targeting. You either have a HDMI 2.1 and an X or you don't. Series S owners surely have lesser TVs.

Anyway, otherwise those are fantastic modes. I've only played Ori and the Blind Forest.
There are TVs that support 120hz but at lower resolutions for a while now.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pretty excited to play though this again, the two Ori games were my favorite Xbox games of the gen and top 10 of the generation for me.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've been waiting for this. I played the same areas over and over for the HDR testing and never finished but held off because I knew this was coming.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4K 120fps hnnnnnnnngh

Day one baby. AC Valhalla as my primary game and this is Forza Horizon 4 as my secondary games.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck!!!!!

4k/120 is going to be my first next gen experience. Can't wait.

EVERYONE PLAY THIS GAME!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh 4k/120?

so I can test / see a game working at 120fps on my new LG 55CX then correct?

I don't play multiplayer so Gears 5 multi was a no go for me.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I beat Ori and the Blind Forest on Hard, I somehow managed to play Will of the Wisps on Normal. Well, that Hard achievement has been nagging at me for a while, so this is now the perfect excuse to give the game another run through!

Supersampled 6k screen
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot supersampled at 6k:

ubgTZCe.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda don't understand the niche that these high frame rate Series S modes are targeting. You either have a HDMI 2.1 and an X or you don't. Series S owners surely have lesser TVs.

Anyway, otherwise those are fantastic modes. I've only played Ori and the Blind Forest.

I don't think that's true. If I was primarily gaming on a 144Hz 1440p monitor then I'd probably be happy to get myself an S over an X.

There's absolutely a reason for Series S to target 120fps if it can do it.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
thomasmahler you guys are very efficient man!

Wieso macht ihr alle Dinge hier so schnell? Kommt das alles nachste Woche?

Es wird 6k 60 fps fur mich, ich kann leider nicht 120 fps jetzt versuchen, jedenfall, danke!

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
This is awesome, looking forward to 4K/60 on my Series S while I wait to score an X.

So I don't broadly disagree but as someone with a 120 Hz TV who had to settle for an S preorder, I will absolutely be trying that mode lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Throw another one on the pile for launch.
I'm literally not buying a game till cyberpunk (if even,). The work going into forza, gears and ori is amazing and really must be commended.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
thomasmahler you guys are very efficient man!

It wasn't me! This is all GennadiyKorol and his Tech team. The creative departments at Moon are busy on our next project already.

Also, seeing the 6k Supersample mode in screenshots is one thing, seeing it in motion is a whole different story, please try it if you can - It's quite the experience!

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I'm going to have to do a second playthrough. My first was on the One S at launch before the performance was ironed out, can't wait to see how it looks with the supersampling.

Nov 1, 2017
This is an absolutely wonderful, magical game and if you haven't played it yet, where have you been? But hey, i guess now you get to experience an even better version. I might be tempted to do yet another playthrough.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Damn, the Series S doesn't have the highest graphic and visual effects settings? That's a bummer. I hoped the difference would only be in resolution.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It wasn't me! This is all GennadiyKorol and his Tech team. The creative departments at Moon are busy on our next project already.

Also, seeing the 6k Supersample mode in screenshots is one thing, seeing it in motion is a whole different story, please try it if you can - It's quite the experience!
Yes I will do 6k 60 fps, as I said unfortunately my TV cant do 120 fps, I will be patiently waiting for your next project too, thanks again.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I remember the director said this si the first time a title does 6K on consoles. Not true. titanfall 2 was 6K too on XB1X:
mspoweruser.com

Titanfall 2 currently goes up to 6K resolution on Xbox One X

Titanfall 2 is a great shooter and it looks like it’s getting a rather significant upgrade for Xbox One X. Respawn Entertainment recently took to NeoGAF to answer some of the questions gamers had about the title on Microsoft’s upcoming console. The developer surprised everyone by saying that...
That is what happens when you have amazing power and great time to optimise. You reach amazing limits.
Ori gonna look glorious. I bet 8K TV owners will feel the true power
of HDMI 2.1.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Going to have to replay this on my TV when my Xbox gets here. First play through was on PC and game looked incredible at high refresh rates. Looking forward to checking it out supersampled on the tv

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

HDMI 2.1 will be on lower priced TVs soon. Also, more people than you think use gaming monitors with their consoles, and most of those are 120hz/144hz.

Options are good.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Just played through the first Ori and have been waiting to jump into Will of The Wisps for this! Nice upgrades to what seems like an already beautiful game.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Series S is pitched as an affordable game console For 1080p gaming, but there's no expectation that every owner doesn't have a 4K tv.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017

I am getting a Series S and I am playing on a great 1440p high refresh rate monitor.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I get your logic, someone who is going to want to play a game at 120 frames per second probably is also really sensitive to the hardware that they're playing on so they're not going to be interested in the series s. We will see overtime how bad the sales are for the series s

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Damn awesome! Have a few games to play that I held off in and this is one of them!

Stupid question, if I wanted to try the 120 mode on my E8, could I set my Series X to 1080p and enjoy it on the X or is that exclusive to the S?

Last edited:

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Held off on this one on Switch so might be a good excuse to give this a whirl.

How is it compared to the first game? I found that one okay but super frustrating with the annoying chase sequences.

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Damn awesome! Have a few games to play that I held off in and this is one of them!

Stupid question, if I anted to try the 120 mode could I set my E8 to 1080p and enjoy it on the X or is that exclusive to the S?

Should work perfectly fine - the X would render internally at 4k at 120fps and then output 1080p 120fps image to your E8.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome work Moon Studios! Sadly never got around to play a lot of this game, but I'll be sure to put it at the top of my list next week.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the wording, it looks like there will be dips on the S in 4K. All of the other modes mention a locked frame rate.

e: maybe dynamic res instead? I can't tell if locked is referring to the resolution or fr.