• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
How bout it Era?

Will you replay an old favorite? Try to finish off a platinum trophy you've been working towards? Or just fuck around with some Fall Guys?

I'm redownloading Life is Strange and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. LiS I think will end up being my game of the generation and I'd like to spend a bit of time with some old friends before the next gen starts. I couldn't quite finish Odyssey and I ended up losing my save where I was about 80% through the game, but it might be fun to just mess around with Kass for a bit.

Might also finally finish the TLOUII Plat. Just need to grab some coins.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasteland 3. And what a fucking great swan song if you ask me.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 on XCloud via phone due to no Xbox One X for past 2 weeks since I sold it.

Gonna dive straight in Yakuza 7 on the day!

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The final game I finished was actually Ghost of Tsushima. Got the plat and didn't return for the mp.
I've bought some games after this, but nothing have hooked me, even though they are great games. Crash 4 and THPS 1+2 for example.
Also bought Watch Dogs, but I'm saving that for next-gen.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I guess...Little Hope lol. I think that's the only major game I have played and I don't see anything else outside a few smaller titles on Game Pass I'll be messing around with before getting Xbox Series X and PS5. Already wiped and traded in my PS4 and probably will the One X this week.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
This time around I don't see it that way. I just feel like it's going to keep going and look better. A different transition for sure.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I'm trying to knock out a bunch of backlog before next week, but I have one missing trophy on Shenmue 1 and I would love to get the platinum for that before the PS5 arrives.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Last game I finished was Control with the Alan Wake DLC, as a Alan Wake fan I was thrilled.
Im gonna boot Demons Souls day one and let everything happen organically see where that goes.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I have a ton of PS4 games to buy that I'll be playing on my PS5, especially as it'll probably take time to get the kinds of games I care about on PS5. Not like there's a Project Diva and things like that announced yet.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing through Hades so probably that. TLOU II and Ghost of Tsushima are being saved for PS5 lol.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
went back to spidey to get used to the controls before MM

besides that i dont think i would start anything other than a 4 hour indie

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
October got me to beat Alien isolation a few days ago, and now I'm playing through Soma's safe mode before the consoles come. I don't expect either game to ever get an update so I didn't see any reason to wait.

Alien Isolation ended up being the best horror game I've ever played while Soma's story has me hooked at the moment.

delete

Jul 4, 2019

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Destiny 2. It always has been. Okay, maybe The Frozen Wilds DLC of Horizon. I just can't get into it.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Going to try to finish Judgment. Still going to be playing mostly current gen games on the new consoles for the next couple years anyway though.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Platinum'd Ghost of Tsushima just after launch, been playing the Legends mode.... a whole lot. Plan to run through NG+ this week. Will also hopefully group up for the raid soonish (Destiny raid veteran with great gear and leveled classes, but helped a friend move when the raid dropped and I'm still pooped from it.)

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing particularly sentimental. I'm just playing Watch Dogs and FIFA 21 until I can get their next-gen upgrades.

Nov 23, 2017
I don't have a swansong. Especially since I'll be playing current games more on next gen console than next gen games the first couple years.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Powering through the Season Passes of AC Odyssey and Spider-Man so I'm ready for their respective next iteration.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Next gen doesn't start here until the 19th, but for me it's going to be 13 Sentinels. Man, this plot is engaging.

Although I still plan to play current gen games on my PS5 so maybe swansong isn't the right term.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Haven't used my PS4 Pro since GOT, which I don't seem to love as much as others. So ill go with TLOU2 being my PS4 swan song.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
My current gen swansongs are being saved for next gen lol. Playing anything on PS4 right now would be a waste.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Probably just Warzone as I don't plan on installing that enormous game on my new console. I'll be pivoting to GamePass immediately for all of the titles I've been holding back on playing so I can utilize the new hardware.

My current gen swansongs are being saved for next gen lol. Playing anything on PS4 right now would be a waste.
This, basically.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I snagged Disgaea 5 complete on sale for the Switch and have been using it to distract myself from election doom scrolling. So I'm just grinding the post-game 102 hours later, and probably will continue to do so until I play Watch Dogs Legion on my Series X (I have a One S, but I want to wait for the upgrade).

Oh, and near-nightly Mario Kart 8 sessions with my fiancée, though that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just finished my last ever game being played on the PS4 today which was Amnesia: Rebirth. It was alright but technically weak so that jump to next-gen should be felt even more.

I re-downloaded P.T using the Proxy hack in hopes it will be playable/transferable to PS5 but seems like a slim chance.

Ghost of Tsushima & Cyberpunk 2077 will be enjoyed in enhanced BC mode.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
No swan song. It's gonna be a fluid transition like getting new PC hardware, where I'm gonna continue playing Xbox games going back to 2001 on the new system.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
The Last Of US 2. I have new copies of Red Dead 2, Death Stranding, FF7 Remake, and Watch Dogs Legion, but they will be played on PS5 at this point.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With all the improvements next gen is supposed to bring to current gen games it feels like a waste to play anything that I wasn't playing already atm. I was playing some Spiritfarer, thinking that would be a save game but noticed some slight frame drops in that town island. But also waiting for next gen to continue that.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I finished Yakuza Kiwami last week and haven't started a new game on my One X since, so I guess it'll be that (I do still play Halo 5 most nights, and I'm halfway through AC Odyssey on PC, so I haven't completely stopped gaming!).

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Already had mine in August. Platinumed Ghost of Tsushima and decided that I'm basically done. I still have a pile of shame on PS4, but I can still play it all on PS5, so that's that.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I stopped playing TLOU2 after ~5 hours to continue on PS5, so I'll wait for a patch (well, hoping it gets a free patch and not a paid remaster but who knows at this point). That will probably be my real "swan song". But with backwards compatibility being a proper feature this time around again, I'm sure it's not gonna be the last PS4 game I'll play. I will also keep my One X around to play some Game Pass titles.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Nothing. My XB1 and PS4 have outstayed their welcome. I some so done with current gen at this point.

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Madly trying to finish AC Odyssey, I think I'm about halfway through. By the end of it I'll be deciding if I'm too fatigued for Valhalla or not :D.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My Pro and X1X have already been sold but I guess the last "new" game launch for me before moving on was Ghost of Tsushima.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really plan on playing a whole lot between now and launch. I haven't really played any single player games for the last few weeks because I'm just waiting for next gen. It's different this time since I'll be able to play anything I'm currently playing on PS4 on day one of PS5 anyways. So I'll probably be playing Genshin, Apex, and Destiny 2 up until the 12th like usual.