• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I have to agree with this. Getting a console that beats almost all video cards on the market when announced seems like a rare thing these days. It is awesome to be pleasantly surprised by something better than expected.
Absolutely. Consoles have been inferior to a gaming PC for ages, and it's nice for them to be actually very competitive. I was going to upgrade my 1070 in the next few months, but now I'm having second thoughts. Just getting XSX at launch sounds much more attractive now.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Got a link?

If I don't have to worry about a potential PS5 Remaster version of TLoU2, I'd be extra happy about that.
As a guess I would be pretty surprised if you had to purchase TLoU2 or GoT or other Sony PS5 titles separately from their PS4 SKUs, but that will be Sony's business decision. The technical capacity is there for any publisher that wants to use it.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
As a PlayStation fan these specs makes me giddy about next gen. Hopefully the PS5 specs are similar.

Question to XBox fans here, honestly if Sony tomorrow announced that the PS5 is a 13TF machine with little bit better specs than Series X would even be bothered?
I wouldn't be bothered at all. Over the last two gens (360 and PS3, One and PS4) I have ended up purchasing the Sony console when it comes up for a good sale just to be able to enjoy all of the exclusives. My loyalty to Xbox is mostly just based on my huge catalog of games, and the fact that they gave me BC last gen. Before BC was announced I almost made the jump to PS4 as my main system because it felt like Microsoft just didn't care about gaming anymore. Thank God for Phil Spencer....

Anyways, a more powerful PS5 would probably mean that I try to buy a Sony system earlier in the lifecycle than I normally would. Sony makes great exclusives, and I can't imagine what they would look like on a 13TF console!

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks, I obviously did not know that.

That cross-buy option was it available only in the release window? And do you expect that option will be extended to be available across the whole span of the new generation?
Again, how a publisher wants to use that ability is up to them, just like it is with Smart Delivery. But previous cross-buy titles have had that as a constant feature, not time-limited.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, I obviously did not know that.

That cross-buy option was it available only in the release window? And do you expect that option will be extended to be available across the whole span of the new generation?
Cross-gen games almost died out later on, so there were less and less cases to apply cross-buy to. Also, it's up to the publisher in any case.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Wasn't he one of the people who ran in here trying to clarify Spencer's words about being the most powerful last year and doing damage control? Forgive me if I take his tweets with a baseball sized grain of salt.
One of the few really reliable insiders that gets it right when it comes to Xbox related stuff that constantly gets shit on. That was the case with hmqgg Brad Sams and Tom Warren too.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, like, couple questions.
I haven't been following anything on this Klobrille guy, but I knew he is a member here..
Was he banned? Or does he just not post anymore?, and lastly, is he an insider or a faux-insider? I remember something about a secret document he was touting about a year ago, what came about from that?

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I haven't been following anything on this Klobrille guy, but I knew he is a member here..
Was he banned? Or does he just not post anymore?, and lastly, is he an insidet or a faux-insider? I remember something about a secret document he was touting about a year ago, what came about from that?
klob still posts, mainly in the xbox game studios thread

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Was he banned? Or does he just not post anymore?, and lastly, is he an insider or a faux-insider? I remember something about a secret document he was touting about a year ago, what came about from that?

He is a insider for MS and never gave Sony info.
If i remember right the only thing he said about Sony is he believes MS will be more powerful .

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Whether the PS5 really is 9.2 TF or not, stuff is going to leak in about three weeks, which is when GDC begins. If the PS5 really a 9.2 TF machine, then it would be better for them to release that info on their own terms rather than let rumor mongering about how "weak" the PS5 is to the XSX run wild for months.

褲蓋Calo

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 1, 2020
Shenzhen, China
This 12 tflops sound really great and the console will be impressive from the hardware perspective.

but at this time, I fear that if the ps5 is weaker at around 9 tflops, that will hurt Xbox series X.

multiplatform games will have to be developed with the weakest common denominator in mind.
Much like today with pro and X.
Games will be developed for the ps5 and just have a resolution increase for Xbox.
first party MS games will not take real advantage of the hardware also.
First because Ms won't have next gen exclusives for the first two years.
Second because MS doesn't have platform exclusives at all since all their first party games will also be on PC, which is the most fragmented gaming platform in existence.

On the other hand, even with just 9 tflops, Sony will have Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Insomniac... all producing AAA platform exclusives that will be crafted and optimized solely for the ps5 hardware.

that's why I am feeling that MS will have a lot of wasted potential when it comes to actual games and gaming experiences.
So basically you're saying PS5 will hold Series X back?

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
On Sony's case it is still available so I guess they'll just expand from what it is now.
Again, how a publisher wants to use that ability is up to them, just like it is with Smart Delivery. But previous cross-buy titles have had that as a constant feature, not time-limited.
Cross-gen games almost died out later on, so there were less and less cases to apply cross-buy to. Also, it's up to the publisher in any case.
Thanks!

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

He doesn't know anything about the PS5 though.

Regarding the news this is huge for PS5 as well, as all the insiders have said they're really close.

Not only Klee, but also Jason, whos said they were both aiming to be >10.7 first, then he said both were close and above a 2080X.

XSX being 12TF RDNA confirms that Jason was right regarding the 2080X, which many people doubted, so that bodes really well for the rest of his statements.

PS5 being 8-9TF due to the GitHub 10 months info is notal nonsense, as I've been saying, and my prediction of a 11-12TF PS5 looks stronger than ever today :)

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
Its a great time to be a gamer. I recently got into PC gaming and love it but having the more powerful machine doesn't really correlate for me personally. I will be day one on the XSX and have been debating whether to buy a PS5 on launch but probably will.
I predominately played the XB1over my PS4 despite the power difference this gen. Until I got the X it never bothered me which machine is more powerful. You go where the games that matter to you are and having the choice is all I want.

Great thread btw love the theories and 'insider" info.

scaryrobots

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Robot things
Is this not actually available yet? I checked out their YouTube and don't see it.

interactive.libsyn.com

The AIAS Game Maker's Notebook: Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer

Ted and Phil Spencer discuss the importance of being accessible to fans, what lies ahead for Xbox and Project xCloud, thoughts on monetization, the importance of sharing with outside hardware and software developers, and the steps Microsoft has taken to help gamers with disabilities. Spencer is...

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
You can't compare FLOPS between different GPU archs, NVIDIA deliver more performance per FLOPS than AMD.
This is completely true, but we also don't really know how much more efficient RDNA2 flops are compared to RDNA1 because there are no video cards with RDNA2 on the market yet! It really is crazy to be launching with true cutting edge silicon. Compare that to the crappy Jaguar tech last gen consoles came out with (which was underpowered even when announced) and we are really getting a solid leap forward this gen. So exciting!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
twitter.com

Klobrille on Twitter

“@Xando0 @Alcoholikaust Google isn’t the only company looking like that.”
giphy.gif

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Simpleton question. A genuine one though, just not sure how to word it.

Basically if PS5 has enhanced BC as Matt has stated does this shed any light or add any further intrigue/context to the Github tests?

Why would it be so crucial for the PS5 to be tested in PS4 config if it can improve the BC and presumably would need to run additional resources to do so?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. So you think that this feature will be separate skus (PS4/XB1 sku and PS5/Series X sku) rather than "next-gen" patches to a current-gen sku?

Because next-gen patches for current-gen games makes me think of a sort of enhanced BC, but separate SKUs would basically be cross-buy, like you said, and have nothing to do with BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.