• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping for next-gen patches on the new systems. For instance, assuming Horizon Zero Dawn IS getting a PC release this year, it will likely come with a few graphics enhancements (at least for level of detail in the distance and perhaps texture resolution). I would like to see the PS5 in turn get a patch for that game to give it the same settings as the PC version.

Nice to see this functionality is possible. Looking forward to what we see.

Brocky120

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
I suppose tonights private event at the Sony Hall has been dismissed for any reveal?

Either way, I think Sony has plans to open up some form of news or announcement this week.

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
In my opinion everyone with a Feb or March date prediction is on the chopping block now. You can't cancel GDC and the same time plan and make an event in the same month. That would contradict all what you were saying about the cancelation reasons.
Its not the same Colbert.

GDC is a massive event with uncontrollable (from Sonys point of view) guests.

At a Sony event, they can invite whoever they want, just look at Samsung did they cancel their Galaxy S20 event ?!

Back to Topic:

Klee is once more right, no 12 TF GCN like almost all here said, but 12 TF RDNA2 flops

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
lol PS fans are just sitting here waiting for news while other people are running around saying everything from PS5 is 9TFs to Sony can't match MS power and money wise to everything in between. This forum has been the equivalent of Squidward looking outside his window while Patrick and Spongebob play outside.
lol, basically.

I barely see concern trolling, if at all.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To publish some of the specs today was actually smart by MS. As they still plan to attend GDC they now can talk about the console more openly and don't have to fear leaks anymore. To do it before GDC makes a lot of sense!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Its not the same Colbert.

GDC is a massive event with uncontrollable (from Sonys point of view) guests.

At a Sony event, they can invite whoever they want, just look at Samsung did they cancel their Galaxy S20 event ?!

Back to Topic:

Klee is once more right, no 12 TF GCN like almost all here said, but 12 TF RDNA2 flops
But that's Samsung. Sony is Sony. Not everybody is cancelling their presence at PAX or GDC, either.

It would make sense for Sony to cancel any reveal plans they may have had for Feb or March, considering THEY also cancelled other US live events.

IMO, this means that we either get a State of Play or we get a live event reveal in April or May.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
So, we should split the thread now, correct? There is very little to speculate about the next Xbox besides the price. PS5 still being in the dar and all, I don't think there is any need to have a merge speculation thread anymore. I am dying to find out about the PS5 though. This is frustrating. :(

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped to see the games at the end of the day. Going to be gooood with PS5/Xbox specs

Screenshot_20191014-232407.png

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
The last time they gave a us new info was last year Oct .
Since then they have not talk about anything new other than showing off a logo.
So what are they leaving out when MS was only clear about there specs today and they still some info missing ?
We pretty much know everything about the XSX now. The only things we don't know are how much GDDR6 and the size of SSD.

Maybe this is just son sticking to some sort of schedule, or maybe its something else. but the general vibe right now is that MS seems to be more willing to talk about next-gen than sony is.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Oh gotcha; yeah I guess that's just CDPR saying they'll do a BC patch..

Was thinking it was a completely different next-gen SKU they'd be letting you "upgrade to." But I suppose they could just use the BC patch feature to accomplish that anyways.
They will be different SKUs. But Sony has had a system in place to allow one purchase for multiple SKUs for years, it's called Cross-Buy.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
Yet they did that very thing with XBOX X before PS4pro was official or out .
Where is this coming from? I owned a PS4 Pro for nearly a year before I got my One X!

"PlayStation 4 Pro was announced on September 7, 2016 and was released on November 10th, 2016, retailing for USD$399 / £349 / AUD$560"

The Xbox One X was announced at E3 2017 (in June 2017) and launched in November 2017.

Coming out a year later it was no wonder it was more powerful, and it was obviously very easy for them to claim it was the most powerful

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You say Sony will offer a similar program that says: Buy your game on PS4 and be able to play the PS5 version without paying it on PS5? (Sony Console PlayAnwhere)
It's just Cross-Buy, they have had the option available to publishers for a long time now, and it will be available for PS4 to PS5 if a publisher wants to use it.

Oct 27, 2017
MS only give out that TF number official today .
So i am asking what is Sony leaving out when the last time we gte info from them was Oct last year .
Thinking about it, you are right.

But, 2 x the graphical power of the x was confirmed by Phil not long ago? Or am I losing my mind...?

Some sort of qualifier from sony wouldn't go amiss though would it? Surely you can even admit that

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i am asking what is Sony leaving out when the last time we gte info from them was Oct last year .
well Phil pretty much gave the 12 tflops number when he told gamespot to do the math after telling them its 2x more powerful. he also revealed the console and a video game to go along with it.

then he revealed the apu die which all but confirmed 12 tflops.

sony has revealed a logo in the meantime.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
We pretty much know everything about the XSX now. The only things we don't know are how much GDDR6 and the size of SSD.

Maybe this is just son sticking to some sort of schedule, or maybe its something else. but the general vibe right now is that MS seems to be more willing to talk about next-gen than sony is.

We don't know the bandwidth either or SSD speed.
I mean Sony schedule different since they not going to E3 plus all the stuff they cancel recently .
Yes MS more willing to talk about next gen now but people were saying that before Sony went first last year .

Last edited:

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017

But we pretty much new XSX was going to be 12 TF because a lot of leaks and DF reporting on it. Only thing really confirmed today was RDNA2 and some features.

Sony hasn't even released What the actual system looks like yet.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, not really.
We don't know how it will handle RT (performance wise at least).
We don't know what tier of VRS it will support.
We don't know the full extent of RDNA2 feature set even.
We don't know anything about internal and external bandwidths.
We don't know much about the memory sizes.
We don't know anything about the CPU besides the general "Zen2 8C/16T" line.
And most of all - we don't know the price and we haven't really seen many games which are being made for the machine either.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
Time for some reflection.

When next gen talk started, people were saying 8TF GCN was the most realistic scenario, and no ssd.

What a pleasant turn of events. 😋
I have to agree with this. Getting a console that beats almost all video cards on the market when announced seems like a rare thing these days. It is awesome to be pleasantly surprised by something better than expected.

renx

Jan 3, 2020
I see people making rushed assumptions about PS5 being less powerful.
They should remember that the whole nextgen speculation stage started with the news about a huge collaboration between AMD and Sony.
Not only customization of an AMD product was involved in that partnership, but the development of the arch itself.
I'd say people should wait before they make assumptions based on how excited they are about these Xbox specs.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sony did this years ago with vita cross buy
It's just Cross-Buy, they have had the option available to publishers for a long time now, and it will be available for PS4 to PS5 if a publisher wants to use it.
Thanks, I obviously did not know that.

That cross-buy option was it available only in the release window? And do you expect that option will be extended to be available across the whole span of the new generation?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, you are right.

But, 2 x the graphical power of the x was confirmed by Phil not long ago? Or am I losing my mind...?

Some sort of qualifier from sony wouldn't go amiss though would it? Surely you can even admit that

I am not saying i don't want more info from Sony or they doing the right thing .
Just that MS is being clear today about certain specs.
We have to see what Sony will do but they have a lot of time to make moves even if i want info now.

Status
Not open for further replies.