• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
Voice commands are quite handy when driving and stuff but for console I've always preferred just using a controller.

If you've spent 300$, 400$ or 500$ on a GPU and 18 months later your GPU doesn't have a feature that is very prominent in every game that comes, you are definitely going to feel like you've been left behind. It doesn't really matter if your 5700 will still be able to run these games in lower res or settings. People don't spend 400$ on a GPU for playing games on medium with missing graphical features.

Some do.
Some just buy the best they can and upgrade when they absolutely need to.

I would not be surprised if a amd 590 can still play next gen games pretty well at 1080p

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
PS4 already has that though, right?

I don't know how well it works but I don't see it as something Devs would be excited about anyway.
Really? What I meant was controlling features of the PS5 via voice, basically if the PS5 had an Alexa built in to the main console that you can tell to switch on/off, give commands etc. just by saying the command with your voice.

Don't think the PS4 has that, and it'l be more of a console feature rather than something developers will use.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Really? What I meant was controlling features of the PS5 via voice, basically if the PS5 had an Alexa built in to the main console that you can tell to switch on/off, give commands etc. just by saying the command with your voice.

Don't think the PS4 has that, and it'l be more of a console feature rather than something developers will use.

Controlling your system with voice recognition | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

PlayStation®4 Official User's Guide. Explains how to use the PS4™ system.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Voice commands are quite handy when driving and stuff but for console I've always preferred just using a controller.
Another good feature! say you lost your controller and say the dualshock 5 will have a built in speaker just like the dualshock 4, just say "Hey Playstation, i cant find the controller" and the console will play some loud music to the nearby registered controller telling you it's location.

lol i tell you the amount of times ive lost my controller somewhere in the living room...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt we are going to see next-gen games without RT. Developers like to use the whole buffalo, no one is going to leave the RT cores (or whatever AMD has) just sitting idle. If they won't use them for "RT effects", they will use them for hit detection, physics or improving existing raster effects like DOF or GI. RT is a toolset for developers, not an effect you throw in there.
I'm definitely crossing my fingers. though someone wants to be the first "native 8k" or "120fps" game, but those might be indies

Feb 10, 2018
Another good feature! say you lost your controller and say the dualshock 5 will have a built in speaker just like the dualshock 4, just say "Hey Playstation, i cant find the controller" and the console will play some loud music to the nearby registered controller telling you it's location.

lol i tell you the amount of times ive lost my controller somewhere in the living room...

How does one lose a controller? Unless u have little monsters around the house.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom

Controlling your system with voice recognition | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

PlayStation®4 Official User's Guide. Explains how to use the PS4™ system.
To use voice commands, you'll need a headset, or you can use the microphones on your PlayStation®Camera.

Lets remove the middleman by adding the voice controller directly to the main console rather than using a pair of headphones or even using a Playstion camera, which im shocked still exist!

Jan 20, 2019
While nice I would hope Jim wouldn't claim such nice extras were "bigger differences" than e.g. a SSD.

I whould call that a major difference, because their current store is really bad.

Lockhart is not releasing after the Series X. It'll be day and date with the X this holiday.

You don't launch a product like Lockhart a year after the Series X because devs just won't support it outright.

You can, because developers will support the one s in 2021, soo if they launch the lockhart by spring 2021 their is no problem.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Lets remove the middleman by adding the voice controller directly to the main console rather than using a pair of headphones or even using a Playstion camera, which im shocked still exist!

I use the camera. Well, for VR.

I'm not a fan of voice control really.

Have it off on my phone but use the nest mini a bit.

Feb 10, 2018
I whould call that a major difference, because their current store is really bad.

You can, because developers will support the one s in 2021, soo if they launch the lockhart by spring 2021 their is no problem.

It would make sense as budget gamers could use x1s + xsx in 2020, however ms will want to get next gen installbase number high, as quickly as possible, if they launch Lockhart at launch there will be more next gen customer when the next gen only games start hitting.

Jan 20, 2019
It would make sense as budget gamers could use x1s + xsx in 2020, however ms will want to get next gen installbase number high, as quickly as possible, if they launch Lockhart at launch there will be more next gen customer when the next gen only games start hitting.

Nope, because the problem is not the ammount of type of consoles you launch but how much you can produce. That is the problem of the first year of a new console.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Now that i think about it, given that the series X kinda looks like an Alexa, (its squared cousin), what if Microsoft decides to add a quality speaker to the top of the console and turns the console into Microsoft own Alexa?

"Hey Xbox, play some music"
"Hey Xbox, load up Halo Infinite"
"Hey Xbox, suspend Halo and turn on Netflix"

You guys know damn well that someone at the design team over at Xbox must've put 2 an 2 together and noticed that the series X looks like an Alexa, a golden opportunity missed if Microsoft doesn't turn the millions of series X units it plans to sell into their own Alexa's two features (video game console and an AI assistant) in a single box.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Some do.
Some just buy the best they can and upgrade when they absolutely need to.

I would not be surprised if a amd 590 can still play next gen games pretty well at 1080p
Obviously Jensen said that to imply "buy the 2060 super, not the 5700XT". I mean, the 2060 super is just 5% under the 5700 XT, people who bought the 5700XT could have bought a 2060 RTX and had RT support. They cost the same, perform basically the same but one of them has RT cores. The whole thing was a response to the whole RT backlash NVIDIA got from the people in the community that doesn't understand RT. So it's less the price a consumer can pay and more an attempt to educate them that RT is going to be everywhere in 2020 and whoever thinks RT doesn't matter, is going to be "left behind" when the PS5 and XSX come out.

Feb 10, 2018
Obviously Jensen said that to imply "buy the 2070, not the 5700XT". I mean, the 2060 super is just 5% under the 5700 XT, people who bought the 5700XT could have bought a 2060 RTX and had RT support. They cost the same, perform basically the same but one of them has RT cores. The whole thing was a response to the whole RT backlash NVIDIA had from the people in the community that doesn't understand RT. So it's less the price a consumer can pay and more an attempt to educate them that RT is going to be everywhere in 2020 and whoever thinks RT doesn't matter, is going to be "left behind" when the PS5 and XSX come out.

I'm sorry I'm guilty of a thing I don't like, which is not reading full convos.
Yes I agree Nvidia cards are the better deal now.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Now that i think about it, given that the series X kinda looks like an Alexa, (its squared cousin), what if Microsoft decides to add a quality speaker to the top of the console and turns the console into Microsoft own Alexa?

You guys know damn well that someone at the design team over at Xbox must've put 2 an 2 together and noticed that the series X looks like an Alexa, a golden opportunity missed if Microsoft doesn't turn the millions of series X units it plans to sell into their own Alexa's two features (video game console and an AI assistant) in a single box.

I mean they already had that this gen with kinnect. Few cared.

Feb 10, 2018

After all the TV stuff they got shut for this gen, the Xbox team will want to make it clear that this box is a game box and a amazing box, they won't be adding the extra cost of a speaker. No.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
AI that can sense your frustration level from yelling, how hard you press your buttons, and grip on controller. It will automatically purchase and use microtransactions before you realize you need it and we'll before you can say no. Welcome to the future.

an AI that calls your mindset weak when you don't get mad after losing

Jun 23, 2019
an AI that calls your mindset weak when you don't get mad after losing

nGMrD.gif

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Almost two full months in. This year will be fun. :)

tenor.gif

Enjoying our suffering!

Maybe dedicated machine learning stuff? I think that's one of the features besides ray-tracing where AMD chips have been weak compared to nvidia, so maybe they have this in RDNA 1.5/2.

I mentioned before ML was mentioned by the EA dev in the last Wired article yet Sony haven't mentioned/hinted about it at all. I thought that would be more likely something in XSX TBH.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
The mic will be inside the controller.
I mean they already had that this gen with kinnect. Few cared.
After all the TV stuff they got shut for this gen, the Xbox team will want to make it clear that this box is a game box and a amazing box, they won't be adding the extra cost of a speaker. No.
Would you guys believe me if i said that I forgot the Kinect even existed? Because for a moment there.... i did.

Lets uh.. scrap the Alexa idea.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
*Died for the 10th time on the first Elden Ring boss*
*pause the game*
AI: Don't worry, the average attempts at this boss are 20. You've got this!
(later)
*still struggling with the boss*
AI: This boss is tough, would you like any help?
"Sure"
AI: I've found someone who just got pass this boss this week. You are now connected.
"Hey! How's it going! Heard you need some help!"
Proceeds to give pointers, shows some clips of strategies used. practice a technique and rewind encounter to practice again.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
I'm sorry I'm guilty of a thing I don't like, which is not reading full convos.
Yes I agree Nvidia cards are the better deal now.
I'm going to test Young Blood with DLSS, I've hated DLSS in Metro and Control, I want to see it in action in YB because every reviewer is praising the DLSS implementation. Even the 2060 Super we've just talked about can run YB with RT using the highest quality DLSS in 1440p @90FPS:
9350_11_wolfenstein-youngblood-benchmarked-nvidia-dlss-ray-tracing-tested.png

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
*Died for the 10th time on the first Elden Ring boss*
*pause the game*
AI: Don't worry, the average attempts at this boss are 20. You've got this!
(later)
*still struggling with the boss*
AI: This boss is tough, would you like any help?
"Sure"
AI: I've found someone who just got pass this boss this week. You are now connected.
"Hey! How's it going! Heard you need some help!"
Proceeds to give pointers, shows some clips of strategies used. practice a technique and rewind encounter to practice again.

Bless these next gen consoles, they got Navi GPU's and they've got a Navi AI built in!

Feb 10, 2018
I'm going to test Young Blood with DLSS, I've hated DLSS in Metro and Control, I want to see it in action in YB because every reviewer is praising the DLSS implementation. Even the 2060 Super we've just talked about can run YB with RT using the highest quality DLSS in 1440p @90FPS:

I'm not a PC gamer at the moment, but I might get back into it, Im selling my home gym stuff and might turn that room into a VR room, might go PC + PS5 next gen.

I don't suppose u know what the latency is like with that Nvidia link thing?

Also I wonder I add 16gb ddr3 and a rtx 3060 to my core i7 920 if it will be enough to run VR quite competently?

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Why RTX 2060 is very low ?
Glad I pick 2060 Super...

Roxsus

Dec 8, 2017
Some seems to be getting voice command and Ai assistant confused. They're two entirely different things. PS4 already have basic voice command for some functions. When I mentioned Ai assistant I imagined google home designed for PlayStation you can buy stuff from the PSN store get updates,reminders ask for help when stuck in a game etc.

Could be game changing for some who aren't as tech savvy.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine the PS5 with some sort of built in voice command in the console, the things you can do with it.

"Ok Playstation, wake up"
"Ok Playstation, close Call of Duty and load up fortnite"
"Hey Playstation, switch to rest mode and update X game in the background"
"Hey Playstation, turn on and load up Horizon 2"

Hands free console experience, the possibilities are endless.

Microsoft did this 7 years ago

褲蓋Calo

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 1, 2020
Shenzhen, China
So.. devs arent privy to how Sony will get their white paper specs, but they know they will hit them, because by launch, devs need to know what specs their console game will run on. Hence why final dev kits are finalized before release.
Which brings me to a third point... Klee and Matt have seen white paper specs.
Only under the assumption that Klee et al. are legit. As of now there's no way to prove it, not to mention Klee's prediction on February reveal has already been proven wrong.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
NVME's have been around for like 6 years now, but i expect a lot of crying about it when this likely becomes true. HDD's are so outdated really.
Looking forward to a lot of talk about how a game is "unoptimized" simply because it doesn't run well on whatever arbitrary PC people have build a couple of years ago.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine the PS5 with some sort of built in voice command in the console, the things you can do with it.

"Ok Playstation, wake up"
"Ok Playstation, close Call of Duty and load up fortnite"
"Hey Playstation, switch to rest mode and update X game in the background"
"Hey Playstation, turn on and load up Horizon 2"

Hands free console experience, the possibilities are endless.
You know PlayStation 4 does support certain voice commands already right?

Status
Not open for further replies.