• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adahel

May 28, 2018
Spain
With all this talk about SSD and streaming improvements, I am reminded of what a good time it would be for next gen consoles to host the successor to perhaps the only game of its kind, with more diverse levels and perhaps even more agile combat:

Vanquish 2 with ultra high speed mobility with a lot of background changes... I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I think it was OT9 or OT8 that Colbert was giving out his Cheesecake recipe. I have made Oreo Cheesecake for everyone! And by Everyone I mean me!!

This will surely help me wait for whenever Sony decides to actually release anything... something...

87384979_10102536376877628_5187976114500272128_n.jpg

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think it was OT9 or OT8 that Colbert was giving out his Cheesecake recipe. I have made Oreo Cheesecake for everyone! And by Everyone I mean me!!

This will surely help me wait for whenever Sony decides to actually release anything... something...

That variation looks tasty. I like the Color coding and texture. looks like ray traced. Useful for "Come to the dark side, we have Oreo Cheesecake".

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this hasn't been posted in here yet. DF talked to 4A about raytracing next-gen. Obviously they couldn't say much but there are some interesting tidbits in there.

www.eurogamer.net

4A Games on next-gen: "We are fully into ray tracing"

It's official. 4A Games are fully committed to ray tracing technology for its next big game and the implications are ex…

In an interview centred on 4A Games' excellent work in bringing Metro Redux to Switch, we asked CTO Oles Shishkovstov for his reaction to publicly revealed aspects of next generation console hardware. "We are fully into ray tracing, dropping old-school codepath/techniques completely," he told us.

The firm is keeping its cards close to its chest but 4A has already shipped Metro Exodus on PC with DXR ray tracing support and is currently assessing options for its next step. "Internally we experimented a lot and with spectacular results so far. You will need to wait to see what we implement into our future projects," Shishkovstov told us.

There's still much we don't know about the next generation of console hardware and while the prospect of Zen 2 CPU cores, solid state storage, ray tracing and 2x the graphics power of Xbox One X sounds awesome, 4A reckons there's more to come. "I am more excited for not yet publicly revealed things," Oles Shishkovstov says, enigmatically.

Let's get some speculation going on what hasn't been revealed yet!

Last edited:

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised this hasn't been posted in here yet. DF talked to 4A about raytracing next-gen. Obviously they couldn't say much but there are some interesting tidbits in there.

Looks like the raytracing comes faster than anticipated. What about all the GPU users without RT hardware acceleration?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

The RT in Exodus looks great. If they're excited about next gen consoles, I'm very optimistic about AMD's first RT implementation.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

It does make you wonder, what could it be that hasn't been revealed yet. What else could it possibly be?

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
What were his last predictions? (The thirst is real)
I looked up his PS4 Pro leak and remain quite unconvinced, especially given what was already rumored at the time. Unless everybody else enjoyed Deep Down and 4K blu-rays on their Pros, I'll wait for something else that he leaked that's more solid.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Exodus getting an update for next gen with RT would be incredible (although I also hope they fix HDR and the controls if they do that)
It seems like Sony and MS are trying to standardize and ensure consistency for HDR with their new system settings and HGIG.

I think the key thing I"m interested in at this point is what the hit is to rasterization performance with RT enabled.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Sony and MS are trying to standardize and ensure consistency for HDR with their new system settings and HGIG.

I think the key thing I"m interested in at this point is what the hit is to rasterization performance with RT enabled.
They did experiment with reconstruction in the Switch Redux port. I would be ecstatic if we could get something close to a reconstructed 4K with RT on.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Jason only goes on record when it comes to bummer articles like EA cancelling star wars games, anthem development being a shitshow and poor treatment of devs in the industry.

we need some new positive news Jason. times are tough. trump keeps getting away with everything. coronavirus is now in italy, iran, south korea, chicago, canada and japan. we just had our warmest jan and feb on record. switch is the fastest selling console ever. sony is cancelling conferences left and right. i burned my hashbrowns this morning. we need some positive news.

we need you to confirm 14 tflops and hbm. thanks.

When did Chicago declare it's independence? LOL

Dude... That looks great.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Playing DBZ Kakarot made me a firm believer that loading times have to go. Five second cutscene into loading time is not fun.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
User banned (3 days): Off-site drama. Thread derail
Osiris knows more than anybody here. He is vetted on neogaf and has provided a screenshot of a next gen game to a mod + Let's not act like an insider can't be wrong sometimes.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
He's vetted on the old site.

Means nothing here

Osiris knows more than anybody here. He is vetted on neogaf and has provided a screen of a next gen game to a mod + Let's not pretend that an insider can't be wrong sometimes.

And he tried to get verified here and look how that went lol

GAF discussions stay at GAF. We had a whole section in the last OT of people getting banned for bringing his bullshit here

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
User warned: Off-site drama, thread derail
Means nothing here

And he tried to get verified here and look how that went lol

GAF discussions stay at GAF. We had a whole section in the last OT of people getting banned for bringing his bullshit here

Because the lot of era users can be overwhelming, he chose to get vetted on that old site, no matter if it means nothing here, point still stands he is vetted. Let's not bring in the other insiders that were chased away, including that user who works for company that makes psvr games, so whatever.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Because the lot of era users can be overwhelming, he chose to get vetted on that old site, no matter if it means nothing here, point still stands he is vetted. Let's not bring in the other insiders that were chased away, including that user who works for company that makes psvr games, so whatever.

This is a joke right?

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
And people are wondering why this place gets so much hatred ^^ No wonder there s no insider here..

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Wild speculation indeed. With a $400 APU that's gonna be a tf printing machine. Not to mention they were on the no controller bandwagon first.
No one goes to IGN for any serious speculation. They're using PC part pricing (too high) also controllers cost very little to produce that was confirmed when Microsoft partnered with Oculus on VR. The controller being expensive might be the case if the controller was radically different but the SeX controller seems more like an evolution than a revolution.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I understand that insiders can be wrong, but hasn't he been wrong more than a few times? I really wanna know who tf told him about that Series X Superman game.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
And people are wondering why this place gets so much hatred ^^ No wonder there s no insider here..

Are you implying that the amount of hatred this site gets is validated because people are cynical about Osiris? Sure sometimes this place can be a bit much but I much prefer it to many other communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.