• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
You realize that an international convention has ... international guests, right? It doesn't matter if that convention is in China, Germany, Brazil or the US.
The WHO has also recommended to avoid international conventions if possible btw.

GDC Already confirmed no reps from China and the US has already imposed checks at entry points. It hasnt even been reclassified yet, it's still a localized outbreak not an epidemic. There has been 1 death outside of Asia. I don't care that they pulled out but to pretend it's a major risk in the states is a bit exaggerated imo. Facebook is just as silly imo but again that is their prerogative.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Is it so hard to understand that, even though the coronavirus might not be a major risk outside of Asia, they are simply doing their best to keep it that way?

Deleted member 62280

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
I almost forgot it's because a lot of Sony operates in Asia.
Pre edit only companies that couldn't get local reps to attend (Chinese) and Facebook for some reason.
Post edit yes a lot of their staff is Asia centric but that doesn't stop them from sending the American division to GDC or PAX. They know their company better I just fine it odd is all.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
What has MS pulling out got to do with our bets anything? They are an American company.

Sony's main company HQ is in Japan of course, but even their american HQ isn't showing up and they are IN the bay area... What????

Facebook also is an American company and they are not showing up as well. Crazy...

Americans not going to American shows in the same city that they are already in... What????

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
What are the thoughts on the rumored specs?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ve-leaked--heres-what-they-mean/#10e8505e4253

960x0.jpg
So now we are linking a website which is linking another website which is linking 4chan as the source?

I'm pretty sure that 3d audio, which even xbox one has, is done through dedicated audio chip.

Biggest improvements we will likely get to enjoy is improved voice chat audio with it.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Sony's main company HQ is in Japan of course, but even their american HQ isn't showing up and they are IN the bay area... What????

Facebook also is an American company and they are not showing up as well. Crazy...

Americans not going to American shows in the same city that they are already in... What????

You do understand that large conventions and gatherings are hotspots for passing on and catching diseases right? Whether or not you are located in a certain city has nothing to do with it.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
It's sad that this needs to be stated. Everyone in here that has trouble understanding this and is going all ''PS5 delayed until 2021 lel'' should take a break for a while and/or stop being such fanboys.

I don't think it's sad at all. I think what is sad is propagating myths that this virus is a global pandemic and for everyone to stay in their homes and lock their doors.

Propagating fear that is overstated can simply cause more damage. Imagine if everyone did this, the economy could be destroyed because of unfounded fear.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I don't think it's sad at all. I think what is sad is propagating myths that this virus is a global pandemic and for everyone to stay in their homes and lock their doors.

Propagating fear that is overstated can simply cause more damage. Imagine if everyone did this, the economy could be destroyed because of unfounded fear.

What are you even talking about. Nobody is propagating fear. Companies are simply taking precautions for the safety of their employees.
There is also a reason why this virus isn't a global pandemic yet and that's because of the measures that are being taken by the countries that are affected.

It's not that hard to understand man.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
GDC Already confirmed no reps from China and the US has already imposed checks at entry points. It hasnt even been reclassified yet, it's still a localized outbreak not an epidemic. There has been 1 death outside of Asia. I don't care that they pulled out but to pretend it's a major risk in the states is a bit exaggerated imo. Facebook is just as silly imo but again that is their prerogative.
Glad that you know more about this topic than the World Health Organisation, other canceled exibitions like the World Mobile Congress or the involved companies.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
You do understand that a lot of people can't get into the country with the virus right? right?

Virusses have incubation periods ranging from a week to two weeks. Some of the Asian companies that are cancelling attendance might very well have sent infected employees without knowing if not for the cancellation.

Again it's not hard to understand dude.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
What are you even talking about. Nobody is propagating fear. Companies are simply taking precautions for the safety of their employees.
There is also a reason why this virus isn't a global pandemic yet and that's because of the measures that are being taken by the countries that are affected.

It's not that hard to understand man.

Let the employees decide on their own. Don't make that decision for them. They are propagating fear because they are exaggerating things.
Sony's American employees work in the bay area.

GDC is IN THE BAY AREA. It's basically a "short" drive for a lot of them.

People that have the virus are going to be quarantined before they make it here.

You honestly don't see the virus spreading in America like it is in China? WHY IS THIS?

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I agree with companies pulling out of conventions and shutting down factories. You can always reschedule but there is no cure for Corona as of yet.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's one thing to say you think Sony are being over cautious, but words like silly don't belong in the conversation really. It's a company wide policy for now and I can see why they don't want to get in to the minutiae of weighing up every event.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I get Sony's reasoning. I honestly do and I'm fine with it. But surely they'll have to do something? A no-show for the entirety of 2019 (aside from the 2 Wired articles). A no-show at E3, PAX and GDC. No PS5 announcement in sight... A friggin' logo-reveal at CES.

A 1 hour long State of Play. I don't need an event for information. Just... Show the goods, Sony. It's about damn time. Specwise, neither company can do shit right now, outside of maybe pricing. And that's a huge maybe, I bet that's essentially set in stone as well. Show the games!

How I'm feeling inside:

"Sooony! Come out to play-ay!"

RepulsiveIncredibleCopepod-small.gif

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Let the employees decide on their own. Don't make that decision for them. They are propagating fear because they are exaggerating things.
Sony's American employees work in the bay area.

GDC is IN THE BAY AREA. It's basically a "short" drive for a lot of them.

People that have the virus are going to be quarantined before they make it here.

You honestly don't see the virus spreading in America like it is in China? WHY IS THIS?

Are you fucking serious right now? It's because of the measures being taken to prevent this. Just like how Sony and other companies are taking safety measures.

Nobody is propagating fear or shouting that it's end of the world. Countries and companies are just being cautious.

Edit: you also completely ignored what i pointed out about incubation periods. It's not easy to catch and quarantine people if they don't show any signs of being sick yet.

Last edited:

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
Virusses have incubation periods ranging from a week to two weeks. Some of the Asian companies that are cancelling attendance might very well have sent infected employees without knowing if not for the cancellation.

Again it's not hard to understand dude.

Well, should we not even bother going to work? I mean, let's all just stay home and lock our doors.

This is just silly now. It's silly....

Now, I know how it must have felt to be living in the 1950's with the scare of nuclear warheads and the commie scare in America.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get Sony's reasoning. I honestly do and I'm fine with it. But surely they'll have to do something? A no-show for the entirety of 2019 (aside from the 2 Wired articles). A no-show at E3, PAX and GDC. No PS5 announcement in sight... A friggin' logo-reveal at CES.

A 1 hour long State of Play. I don't need an event for information. Just... Show the goods, Sony. It's about damn time. Specwise, neither company can do shit right now, outside of maybe pricing. And that's a huge maybe, I bet that's essentially set in stone as well. Show the games!

How I'm feeling inside:

"Sooony! Come out to play-ay!"

RepulsiveIncredibleCopepod-small.gif
Sony is so afraid to talk about PS5 they are canceling everything..... That's what a 8TF system does.........LMAO

edit: /s

Last edited:

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm glad to know that I don't even have to bother reading certain people's posts in here. They can't even limit their stupidity to the threads about the coronavirus, of which there are several. Added on top of that are the dumbasses using this to push conspiracy theories about a console launch. I swear, and I say this as someone without a life, get a life.

Well, should we not even bother going to work? I mean, let's all just stay home and lock our doors. This is just silly now. It's silly.... Now, I know how it must have felt to be living in the 1950's with the scare of nuclear warheads and the commie scare in America.

You should not bother to post until you learn a degree of tact and understanding.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
Are you fucking serious right now? It's because of the measures being taken to prevent this. Just like how Sony and other companies are taken safety measures.

Nobody is propagating fear or shouting that it's end of the world. Countries and companies are just being cautious.

So, why should we fear and be so concerned? Why should we just cancel everything and live underground in Montana?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Someone should make a general "cancelled\not attending events for virus safety reasons" thread.

We're going to end up with shit loads of individual threads and bleed into other threads.

Deleted member 62280

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Glad that you know more about this topic than the World Health Organisation, other canceled exibitions like the World Mobile Congress or the involved companies combined.

I literally stated that the WHO says it's a low risk outside of China, the CDC states to use the sams preventative care you would to not catch the flu, and the US has all of 15 cases out of the 1026 outside of China. All this information is from the CDC and WHO but believe what you will stay in your home until it all blows over in a few weeks. hopefully you have that much vacation because god knows I don't.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I will say, I'm at NY Toy Fair right now and everyone is here outside of a few Chinese partners.

I understand being cautious but this is the second very international toy fair I've been to since the virus popped up and no one is not coming.

This doesn't feel very necessary to me.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
I literally stated that the WHO says it's a low risk outside of China, the CDC states to use the sams preventative care you would to not catch the flu, and the US has all of 15 cases out of the 1026 outside of China. All this information is from the CDC and WHO but believe what you will stay in your home until it all blows over in a few weeks. hopefully you have that much vacation because god knows I don't.

Well, hey actually that's a good thing. Everyone can stay in their homes and all the freeways will be free to everyone else that's not scared. :)

Nice freeways that are actually free from traffic. How about that Los Angeles?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last time: it does not matter if an exibition is held in the US, in China, in Brazil or Germany when the attendees come from all over the globe. You can repeat a hundred times that the US has only 15 cases but that has literally nothing to do with the decision. Nobody is canceling trips because they are scared to get infected by some kind of US exclusive virus. It's about the global meeting. Repeating your "only 15 cases in the US!" line does only paint an either arrogant or stupid picture of yourself.

For some reason you also seem to fail to realize that the WHO can state that a) the current chance of dying to the corona virus is low in the US but also b) to avoid international gatherings like expos or conventions if possible. One statement does not exclude the other.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I still don't get the drama, the rest of the company is carrying on as normal, it's a few events that don't really matter.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Well, should we not even bother going to work? I mean, let's all just stay home and lock our doors.

This is just silly now. It's silly....

Now, I know how it must have felt to be living in the 1950's with the scare of nuclear warheads and the commie scare in America.
So, why should we fear and be so concerned? Why should we just cancel everything and live underground in Montana?

I'm pretty fucking sure that you are trolling at this point. You are accusing Sony and others of exaggerating but then you post stuff like this.

Obviously people will need to go on with their daily lives and no we shouldn't stop working and cancel everything as that would obviously be exaggerating and would actually be propagating fear.

Anyways the points you raise are not equal at all. Most workplaces don't have attendees coming from all over the world including countries where the virus actually is a problem. But you know this and are simply having an argument in bad faith.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
I'm glad to know that I don't even have to bother reading certain people's posts in here. They can't even limit their stupidity to the threads about the coronavirus, of which there are several. Added on top of that are the dumbasses using this to push conspiracy theories about a console launch. I swear, and I say this as someone without a life, get a life.

You should not bother to post until you learn a degree of tact and understanding.

<shrug> I don't know, maybe some of us already have tact and understanding and don't need to worry about these things when there is no need to worry.
The entire fear of cancelling all these shows is a fear equal to that of conspiracy theories.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are just ready to hear Sony's Playstation division talk about stuff. When's the last time they had a meaty presence at a live event for people to watch?

Deleted member 62280

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Well, hey actually that's a good thing. Everyone can stay in their homes and all the freeways will be free to everyone else that's not scared. :)

Nice freeways that are actually free from traffic. How about that Los Angeles?
People panic to easily these days I understand being precautious but this is a bit overblown like idk what to say. Wash your bands, sneeze into your shirt rather than the open, use sanitizer, etc or is the CDC lying and none of that will save us? A convention that excludes attendees from the epicenter country, that is in a location with checks at border entry for possible signs, coupled with standard hygiene and the risk is tiny.
Again I'm not saying Sony is dumb I'm saying they're overblowing the situation especially with an office within walking distance. Are those employees not going to work either? I interact with 1000s every day should I not go to work? All I do is carry a bottle of hand sanitizer and wash my hands regularly. A far more common flu hasn't affected me in decades because of rhar. Precaution good fear is bad. Just my opinion.

If Coronavirus fucks up my prediction, I ain't wearing no avatar

I think you're locked in mate and have to live with tour choice. Wear it with pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.