• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Another point is this... if for any reason the PS5 is 9ish TF compared to the XSX 12ish TF.... I doubt a single person out there would be saying they are close in power much less some even saying he PS5 has the edge. There is just too much conflict between the two threads of information we have.

This. In the very least we'd have half the leaks saying that the XSX is 30% more powerful than the PS5. But we have 0% of them saying that.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm firmly in the "Hardware Imagined" RT camp.
Imagine RayTraced Dragons
Fool! That's no match for the Hardware Prepared camp, look at this real time render

Be-Prepared.png

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
I think I did.... native mode would be either... the PS5 running PS4 games in their naive mode; i.e Native GPU CU number and Native clocks for the games that for whatever reason doesn't boost well or doesn't have a PS4pro patch or version. And running games with a dedicated PS4pro mode in their "native mode" without giving it a PS5 boost.

The point here is, we simply cannot know (regardless of the literature) if that is all the available resources the system has when what that leak showed was clearly BC testing.

Another point is this... if for any reason the PS5 is 9ish TF compared to the XSX 12ish TF.... I doubt a single person out there would be saying they are close in power much less some even saying he PS5 has the edge. There is just too much conflict between the two threads of information we have.

I think the github leak shows they're testing the cards used for future PS4 emulation in PSNow, each rack mounted card running multiple PS4 instances in a VM. So they can move on from PS4 hardware while being compatible with what will be in PS5 😉

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, you feel I am talking down on you. I am not. I am not even taking any of this seriously, just speculating.

As for the CPU, I don't know, I just don't see anyone really stressing 7 cores of a dual threaded zen 2 CPU (assuming one core is reserve for the OS) to the point where it negatively impacts the performance of the game. But damn.. if there is a game that would put that CPU to its knees... I really really would like to see it.

For the GPU, what I am saying is no doubt an oversimplification of the facts but it still mostly holds true. What is 10% less rez of native 4K? Or what is 10% fewer frames of 60fps/30fps? With dynamic rez, differences like that would be very hard to spot. And very easy to workaround.
Sorry for the very late replay back.... Drinking and posting is never a good thing... That's why i said to ignore it ;)

As for your CPU paragraph, i also want to see that :D. Wouldn't that be fantastic?? Stressing a Zen 2 8c/16t CPU, that game needs to be innovate. I also agree with your second paragraph but i do think even if the difference is "minor" it can and will result in a difference especially if both the CPU and GPU has a advantage and is in a system that is balanced without any noticeable weak spots.... Now whatever it is or isn't by much is up to the individual...

Btw, sorry off the accusation/feeling that you were talking down to me....... Just think of it as a boo boo ;P

Jun 23, 2019
That data point was not from a dev at GDC. Remember that Gonzalo was found way before GitHub. Gonzalo was 20dCU at 1.8 GHz equals 9.216 TF. Which also matches 18dCU at 2.0 GHz equals 9.216 TF. It's crazy, I know, but they had been testing this Oberon/Gonzalo thing from as early as late 2018. So Josh cobbled together a rumor around GDC time based on this info. If you really TRUST the FACTS from twitter Josh, here is what he recently said about the Series X:

So is that where we are at now? Seems like a reputable source, amirite!

LMAO
Thanks, user hwraytracer! Anything else you know?

Yes! Back to 8 TF!

This post really needs to be threadmarked for the future so anytime so random "new" poster comes in making the same tired arguments, we can show where is came from.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
I think the github leak shows they're testing the cards used for future PS4 emulation in PSNow, each rack mounted card running multiple PS4 instances in a VM. So they can move on from PS4 hardware while being compatible with what will be in PS5 😉

where was it ever said they currently use rack mounted PS4s for PSNow? The PS3 blade servers are known but I don't recall any indication they are using actual PS4 hardware rather than emulation.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
where was it ever said they currently use rack mounted PS4s for PSNow? The PS3 blade servers are known but I don't recall any indication they are using actual PS4 hardware rather than emulation.

Nowhere. I'm talking about the future when they'll need to support PS4 and PS5 (potentially) in Azure. I assume they can't just lift and shift what they're doing with AWS. However if they're doing PS4 emulation now they'll be using rack mounted servers already. So these tests could just be planning for the future.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
All this talk about PS5 RT being based or accelerated bores me.
More when we aren't complety sure if PS5 is BC with PS4.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Well... that's definitely a fresh hot take. I don't think so though, bein that sony is currently in partnership with MS specifically for their cloud streaming services. And this also suggests building two separate APUs... one specifically for PS4 PSnow games and one for the PS5 console. It doesn't really make sense being that we wil also be getting PS5 games in PSnow at some point. Better to just stick a PS5 type APU in there.
Sorry for the very late replay back.... Drinking and posting is never a good thing... That's why i said to ignore it ;)

As for your CPU paragraph, i also want to see that :D. Wouldn't that be fantastic?? Stressing a Zen 2 8c/16t CPU, that game needs to be innovate. I also agree with your second paragraph but i do think even if the difference is "minor" it can and will result in a difference especially if both the CPU and GPU has a advantage and is in a system that is balanced without any noticeable weak spots.... Now whatever it is or isn't by much is up to the individual...

Btw, sorry off the accusation/feeling that you were talking down to me....... Just think of it as a boo boo ;P
That's ok. And yes, a difference is a difference regardless. Just don't see a 10% difference being distinguishable in real-world usage. Whether we are talking a 10% lower resolution or a 10% lower FPS. The FPS one is even more obscure because of how these games generally run. A game with a 30fps lock is usually internally running at well over 30fps. And only drops to below 30fps when they are being stressed. But we how good we have got we using dynamic rez, rather than drop the FPS the native rez can be dropped instead to compensate.

And this is all happening not at a range of 900p-1080p but a range of 1800p to 2160p. Now I am sure DF can take a screenshot, zoom in by like 500% and point out the difference in rez between the two but that's not real-world use to me and why I say its indistinguishable. Or they can show the game running on both and te you when using the unlocked framerate mode this one averages 45-55fps and the other averages 38-50fps but how its better to just lock them both at 30fps.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God, my heart almost skipped there. Feels like they're enjoying messing with us.
twitter.com

PlayStation on Twitter

“Join the PlayStation Player Celebration for exclusive community prizes and more. Here's how to play and win: https://t.co/xr92EFRz6y”

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
User warned: Platform warring. Community generalizations.
Well, all this is like deja vu. Whenever we are about to enter a next gen, the narrative of the disinformation media comes out that the Xbox is much more powerful and that Sony is doomed.

I don't say that xbox is not going to be more powerful, in fact if it has 2 sku it makes sense that it's. What I don't believe is that the difference is significant.

But it seems to me that "arrogance" always comes from North America ...

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Well, all this is like deja vu. Whenever we are about to enter a next gen, the narrative of the disinformation media comes out that the Xbox is much more powerful and that Sony is doomed.

I don't say that xbox is not going to be more powerful, in fact if it has 2 sku it makes sense that it's. What I don't believe is that the difference is significant.

But it seems to me that "arrogance" always comes from North America ...
Everybody roots for the underdog. Makes for better stories.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
this could be fun. Xsx 12TF Vega vs 9TF Navi?
GCN doesn't function well in a high TF environment. A 9TF RDNA will wipe the floor with a 12TF Vega card.
I think ray tracing in the PS5 is hardware encouraged.

"Go get those rays, son!"

"Aw man, you're tracing the hell out of those paths dog!"

Cerny seems all about positive reinforcement.
The water in Cerny's bathtub both reflect and refract using RT.
That's also a good TL;DR, so thank you?
Bloomberg had a story about PS5's BOM rising to 450$ because of NAND and DRAM prices and that Sony is using a more expensive cooling solution. The rest was just arguing about what it means.
I can see fast and narrow being a thing. The issue here is "how narrow" Narrow to the tune of a 36CU GPU makes absolutely zero sense to me. Especially if MS is getting 56-60CU!!!! Like come on, somehow the best sony could do was go for 36CU after all the years of designing the PS5 closely with AMD?

40CU, 44CU...48CU, those all seem more likely than just going with 36CU for reasons.
Why did Sony only use an 18 active CU chip in the PS4 and not a 28 active CU chip? In August 2013 AMD already had the RX 280 out, a 28 CU GPU for 249$ while "big Hawaii" was 44 active CU. Why did Sony use 18 active CU when 44 CU were available? Why not 28 CU which would have made the PS4 the console Epic was asking for (2.9TF)? Would you have written the same post regarding the PS4 in 2013?

Obviously I'm not saying that Sony couldn't have built a 28CU PS4, they could if that was their goal. Sony had a specific goal, to hit 399$ at more or less break even (which didn't happen because of the last-minute 4GB upgrade which cost them almost 50$ on the BOM). We don't know what Sony's goal is with the PS5. If it was again supposed to be a 399$ console, then yes, 36 CU totally makes sense. It might annoy some people in forums, but Sony's goal is to sell as many consoles with as little of a loss per console as they can. If Sony's high management thought 399$ was a smart goal, then Cerny will have to deal with that and build the best 399$ console he could. So yeah, 36 CU does make sense if Sony wanted to achieve one thing, 60 CU also make sense if Sony wanted to achieve something different. Because we have no idea what Sony's goals are with the PS5, we can't really tell what "makes sense" and what doesn't. Everything makes sense once you know what is going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
GCN doesn't function well in a high TF environment. A 9TF RDNA will wipe the floor with a 12TF Vega card.

The water in Cerny's bathtub both reflect and refract using RT.

Bloomberg had a story about PS5's BOM rising to 450$ because of NAND and DRAM prices and that Sony is using a more expensive cooling solution. The rest was just arguing about what it means.

Why did Sony only used an 18 active CU chip in the PS4 and not a 28 active CU chip? In August 2013 AMD already had the RX 280 out, a 28 CU GPU for 249$ while "big Hawaii" was 44 active CU. Why did Sony use 18 active CU when 44 CU were available? Why not 28 CU which would have made the PS4 the console Epic was asking for (2.9TF)? Would you have written the same post regarding the PS4 in 2013?

Use a better comparison than big hawai and it 44 CUs, Sony will no use a 80 CUs GPU. If the PS5 is 9.2 Tflops I think for example the GPU will not be 36 CUs at 2 Ghz but 40, 44, or 48 CUs but with a much slower clock frequency. And this not means the APU will be bigger than the PS4 APU like aa 28 CUs die size or worse 44 CUs in 2013. Here with 36/40 CUs we probably talk about an APU tinier than the PS4 or PS4 Pro APU.

EDIT: For sure the cooling PS5 solution will cost more than 1 dollar.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Use a better comparison than big hawai and it 44 CUs, Sony will no use a 80 CUs GPU. If the PS5 is 9.2 Tflops I think for example the GPU will not be 36 CUs at 2 Ghz but 40, 44, or 48 CUs but with a much slower clock frequency. And this not means the APU will be bigger than the PS4 APU. 28 CUs die size or worse were out of this world. Here with 36/40 CUs we probably talk about an APU tinier than the PS4 or PS4 Pro APU.
40 CU PS5 would have probably been about the same size ballpark APU as PS4 if they wouldn't have removed L3 from the CPU. If we are talking about a 450$ BOM PS5, Sony could have had a 450$ BOM PS4 that had an "R280" inside, a 28 active CU GPU. But Sony didn't, because it didn't fit their strategy. And that's my point, if you don't know what is the company's strategy, you don't know what "makes sense". Nothing was stopping Sony from building a 400mm^2 APU accept the price point they were aiming at.

PS5 could be a 32CU console for 299$ and a 64 CU console for 599$, it all depends on what Sony wants to achieve. Considering we don't know anything about Sony's strategy and intentions, we can't judge what makes sense and what doesn't.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
If Sony doesn't use
I can see fast and narrow being a thing. The issue here is "how narrow" Narrow to the tune of a 36CU GPU makes absolutely zero sense to me. Especially if MS is getting 56-60CU!!!! Like come on, somehow the best sony could do was go for 36CU after all the years of designing the PS5 closely with AMD?

40CU, 44CU...48CU, those all seem more likely than just going with 36CU for reasons.
Well there a is a very good potential reason and that is to keep costs down. Of course they can do 48 or 60 or 80 if they wanted to, but the question is at what cost.

The real question is whether Sony placed the wrong bet by not predicting rising costs of other components. If the cost of the non APU components rises a lot then you would end up in a situation where BOMs between the two consoles are about the same but the difference in performance is significant. It's similar to what happened with the Xbox One where BOM (excluding Kinect) was similar to the PS4.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
40 CU PS5 would have probably been about the same size APU as PS4 if they wouldn't have removed L3 from the CPU. If we are talking about a 450$ BOM PS5, Sony could have had a 450$ BOM PS4 that had an "R280" inside, a 28 active CU GPU. But Sony didn't, because it didn't fit their strategy. And that's my point, if you don't know what is the company's strategy, you don't know what "makes sense". Nothing was stopping Sony from building a 400mm^2 APU accept the price point they were aiming at.

Again we know the PS5 CPU has reduced L3 and 36/40 CU is tinier APU than the PS4, this is a fact. Since when we are sure the BOM is 450 dollars maybe you are a believer cooling PS4 solution cost 1 dollar. ;)

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Why did Sony only use an 18 active CU chip in the PS4 and not a 28 active CU chip? In August 2013 AMD already had the RX 280 out, a 28 CU GPU for 249$ while "big Hawaii" was 44 active CU. Why did Sony use 18 active CU when 44 CU were available? Why not 28 CU which would have made the PS4 the console Epic was asking for (2.9TF)? Would you have written the same post regarding the PS4 in 2013?

Obviously I'm not saying that Sony couldn't have built a 28CU PS4, they could if that was their goal. Sony had a specific goal, to hit 399$ at more or less break even (which didn't happen because of the last-minute 4GB upgrade which cost them almost 50$ on the BOM). We don't know what Sony's goal is with the PS5. If it was again supposed to be a 399$ console, then yes, 36 CU totally makes sense. It might annoy some people in forums, but Sony's goal is to sell as many consoles with as little of a loss per console as they can. If Sony's high management thought 399$ was a smart goal, then Cerny will have to deal with that and build the best 399$ console he could. So yeah, 36 CU does make sense if Sony wanted to achieve one thing, 60 CU also make sense if Sony wanted to achieve something different. Because we have no idea what Sony's goals are with the PS5, we can't really tell what "makes sense" and what doesn't. Everything makes sense once you know what is going on behind the scenes.
Alright... I give up.

As I said before, this thread becomes a lot more bearable if we can all just agree that sony for whatever reason (as many as they are) are going to be at 36CU and at 8-9TF. Cause for someone that says a lot of how we don't know what sony's goal is or was... you seem pretty sure about them being at 36CU.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Again we know the PS5 CPU has reduced L3 and 36/40 CU is tinier APU than the PS4, this is a fact. Since when we are sure the BOM is 450 dollars maybe you are a believer cooling PS4 solution cost 1 dollar. ;)
Why wouldn't the PS5 have a smaller APU than the PS4 considering 7nm is more expensive per mm^2 than 28nm? It actually makes sense for a 399$ next-gen console to have a 310-320 mm^2 die considering it will probably cost more than the 348mm^2 APU the PS4 had and on top of that you have things like an SSD that will make BOM more expensive.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Alright... I give up.

As I said before, this thread becomes a lot more bearable if we can all just agree that sony for whatever reason (as many as they are) are going to be at 36CU and at 8-9TF. Cause for someone that says a lot of how we don't know what sony's goal is or was... you seem pretty sure about them being at 36CU.
I haven't said that, I've said that posts like "it doesn't make sense for Sony to have 36 CU" or "Sony would never have 36 CU" are irrelevant because you have no idea what Sony's strategy is. There is a valid strategy using 36 CUs console and a valid strategy using a 56 CU console. IMO, I am pretty sure that Sony at some point wanted and developed a 36 CU console, because everything hardware-wise that leaked points to 36 CU. But I have no idea what the final PS5 hardware will be because we are missing too much information.

The point of my post wasn't to say that PS5 had 36 CU, just that 36 CU makes as much sense as 56 CU, it all depends on Sony's strategy and planning in the past 5 years.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Except there is, it's in the GitHub leak, and Digital Foundry has verified the data is legit. Stop selectively ignoring.

Did the GitHub leak showed something new or is there another one? Last time I checked, it was a partial picture with incomplete data.

Oh, and DF also said it lacked context, so stop selective ignoring stuff.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Why wouldn't the PS5 have a smaller APU than the PS4 considering 7nm is more expensive per mm^2 than 28nm? It actually makes sense for a 399$ next-gen console to have a 310-320 mm^2 die considering it will probably cost more than the 348mm^2 APU the PS4 had and on top of that you have things like an SSD that will make BOM more expensive.

Because they paid by wafer dixit Albert Penello himself and the price is not two time more expensive but maybe 10 to 20% more expensive per chip.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Because they paid by wafer dixit Albert Penello himself and the price is not two time more expensive but maybe 10 to 20% more expensive per chip.
20% more expensive cheap means that in order to have another 100$ APU, like the PS4, it will have to be sub-300mm^2. So that's my point exactly, if you want to build another "PS4", you will build ~300mm^2 APU because of the higher cost of the 7nm node. Add to that rising DRAM prices and the fact that you have an SSD instead of a spinning drive, and even with a 300mm^2 APU your console is probably over 400$ BOM. If Sony was aiming to hit 399$ with minimal lose per console, even a 310mm^2 APU is pretty expensive.

So I will repeat my point for the fourth time, if you don't know what Sony's strategy is, the idea behind the console, you can't tell if a 300mm^2 or a 400mm^2 APU makes more sense. Both make sense, it all depends on the reasoning being each choice.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Use a better comparison than big hawai and it 44 CUs, Sony will no use a 80 CUs GPU. If the PS5 is 9.2 Tflops I think for example the GPU will not be 36 CUs at 2 Ghz but 40, 44, or 48 CUs but with a much slower clock frequency. And this not means the APU will be bigger than the PS4 APU like aa 28 CUs die size or worse 44 CUs in 2013. Here with 36/40 CUs we probably talk about an APU tinier than the PS4 or PS4 Pro APU.

EDIT: For sure the cooling PS5 solution will cost more than 1 dollar.

whats the expected granularity for CU layout? If Sony need 18/36 to be visible to the system for BC reasons, does that suggest a particular option for 40/44/48 etc in 'full' PS5 mode? Doesn't naturally suggest would need to be 54CU?

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
There is no need to reiterate why it's not the optimal solution, the point is, it is viable, albeit it looks silly.

You initially asked the question, "why is this impossible?" (a straw man)

To which people clarified that it isn't impossible but very unlikely.

To which your counterpoint was that we have historical precedent with the XB1X — which I took to suggest you were arguing a point about the likelihood.

If that's not what you were arguing, then what was the point of your post mentioning narrow and fast CPUs (lol) and the XB1X GPU? Was it just a meaningless tangential point?

I think ray tracing in the PS5 is hardware encouraged.

"Go get those rays, son!"

"Aw man, you're tracing the hell out of those paths dog!"

Cerny seems all about positive reinforcement.

🤣 😆 🤣

Maybe PS5 has both hardware accelerated RT and no hardware RT... Shrodinger's RT!!!

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
The most I can think of is having precompiled shaders/kernels, but even that is at load time tho
You can have that on PC too and it's hardly affecting performance these days if done properly. In fact, it's better to have shaders in HL in a game code since this allows them to run optimally on future h/w which didn't exist when the game was made. Obviously a less of a problem for a console but considering that both MS and Sony are trying to move to a "platform" like ecosystems they should probably look into this as well.

Yes, I know. This is in response to your comment that NVidia's drivers have no bloat, inferring there is nothing to be gained in RT performance by any potential future RTX optimizations
To which I'm still saying that there is no "bloat" to talk about. Your example describes all PC graphics APIs, not just NV's implementation of DXR.

This is bit of a tangent, and there isn't a single game that can be used to compare both methods, but Reddit has a great breakdown on the different methods and why similar looking approaches appear run superior on both AMD and NVidia hardware.
So it's a comparison of different games art styles then.

The point being that you seem to be assuming that NVidia's drivers for new hardware are fuly mature and that there's no room for further gains in software based on their general driver quality. It doesn't help that we're at a point where AMD's are quite bad at the moment.
Well, NV's DXR drivers are simple enough to not be an issue even at this early stage of RT, at least when it's about performance and not bugs or stability issues. So for example there are zero gains in DXR in Metro Exodus benchmark between the game's release a year ago and now which to me means that there isn't anything left NV can improve in their DXR driver's performance - or trust me they would've already done this, being NV and being heavily criticized for RT performance in general.

As for Unreal, well that's actually a great example, it's also known that UE4 doesn't perform as well on AMD CPUs and GPUs compared to Intel & NVidias. Software changes could address that.
Unreal actually performs fine on all h/w precisely because it's basically open source which allows h/w vendors to submit their changes to the renderer to make it run better on their h/w. It's the most unbiased performance indicator and comparison tool between different h/w there is on the market right now. Most other engines tend to be skewed in favor of some vendor due to different reasons (consoles being the main target h/w or the engine being built on some specific h/w configuration).

Again, I will dig into this, this may be a faulty interpretation on my behalf. Just tone down the condescending talk and insults please. It doesn't take any effort to formulate a civilized response.
Okay, sorry if I was rude. The amount of pure crap people say about RTX on the web is astonishing really and it's sometimes getting to the point where you just start calling it what it is.

That seems to be at odds with Ken Kutaragi's notion of CELL:

"The design concept of the Cell processor is the network processor."

I'm not aware of any stream processor/co-processor that can reach out across a network in search of other like-kind processors to perform tasks (e.g. cloud-assisted ray-tracing of a car model in a scene) with, and perform those tasks as if it and the like-kind processors were a single computer.
That's what all GPUs do when they manage global scheduling these days. Going from this to the external network is also possible - hence the NVLink and such interfaces - but this is mostly a s/w solution, not h/w. Cell itself as a piece of h/w also can't do this (IIRC at least) but you can make a Cell supercomputer which will work this way thanks to the OS (s/w) which will run on it.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
If PS5 price increases due to higher BOM of DRAM and NAND, other consoles should be affected too.

But why does it seem only PS5 is affected?

Would PS5 use some HBM2E from Samsung so the BOM increase?

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Fun fact, FFVII is another over 100GB game. Destiny with all released content is 165GB, most of MS's games are around the 100GB ballpark and COD:MW is well above 100GB with DLC. I really hope there is a 2TB PS5 SKU because it seems like I would really need one :)

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
If PS5 price increases due to higher BOM of DRAM and NAND, other consoles should be affected too.

But why does it seem only PS5 is affected?

Would PS5 use some HBM2E from Samsung so the BOM increase?
If Series X was targeting $500 and a fixed cost increases $20, its less of the overall BOM. If PS4 was targeting $400, its a larger cost compared to the target. Easier to absorb fixed costs when you have a higher BOM just as you expect some variance in your other targets as well. Also increasing to $520 is less percentage than $420, etc.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Now that real time Ray tracing is a thing which raymond is going to be the resident meme around here? Romano, Lewis, Charles? We gonna go full Liotta?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Between tons of games getting delayed, gaming news across PS5 and Switch Directs being a barren wasteland causing ERA to lose its collective mind and a deadly virus cancelling a ton of video game events and causing hardware shortages... 2020 is been a bad and weird fucking year for gaming so far.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, FFVII is another over 100GB game. Destiny with all released content is 165GB, most of MS's games are around the 100GB ballpark and COD:MW is well above 100GB with DLC. I really hope there is a 2TB PS5 SKU because it seems like I would really need one :)
Yeah, the SSD is cool stuff but goodness prices are still high. I'm curious how they plan to address soaring storage sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.