• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
Outriders is cross gen, so obviously it's not going to look impressive. And Alanah is technically telling the truth. I wish she saved the vid title for later though, considering the game doesn't look impressive enough (graphically at least) to warrant it.

Feb 10, 2018
I used an iPhone 5 for way too long. I eventually got an X when I finally upgraded about 5 years later. Using apps on a phone with a 1.3GHz dual-core CPU that were designed for CPUs with double/triple the power was painful. I'd imagine it's a similar comparison. I think 2020 will be the final year games "run" on the One S. Sure, they run in 2021... but they won't run.
Well, more games are coming to phones, xb1s will still be able to run phone games until like 2030, so maybe devs will merge current console and mobile AAA.

FirewalkR

Oct 27, 2017
London
I have this feeling that today Sony is gonna release a "second half" of the Valentine's heart ad.
Otoh I did vote for March... but I wouldn't mind losing the bet in this case 😄

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I have this feeling that today Sony is gonna release a "second half" of the Valentine's heart ad.
Otoh I did vote for March... but I wouldn't mind losing the bet in this case 😄

My post in the other thread:

It's so funny that you need the power of many PS4 Pros to feed realistic graphics, This is a good hint.
I hope this will lead to a full PS5 reveal with this trailer being complete and showing the PS5 and its games tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yep. Hell even with murmurs of things happening in March guessing a date still only gives you a 3% chance of being correct.
Only true if everyday were as likely. Fridays and Sundays are probably out of the question. Saturdays are unlikely. Mondays are probably unlikely too.

Then you can eliminate GDC week in my opinion. So that rules out a lot of days.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
It's supposedly been designed as a 1080 (or 1440) machine, so no, it's not designed to run things at 4K.

Yeah but considering majority of the catalog is last gen it'll be a hard sell for a $300+ console that doesn't improve any of those games from a 100-150$ console. Think about Game Pass, almost every title will run the game at a worse quality than the Xbox one x. It'll take years before the One X is phased out. I get it's a 1080-1440p console but it should run previous gen at mid gen upgrades.

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham

"Most of the components for the console have been locked down, the people said, including the cooling system, which is unusually expensive at a few dollars per unit. Typically, companies would spend less than a dollar, but Sony opted to lavish more on making sure heat dissipation from the powerful chips housed inside the console isn't an issue."

Perhaps it really is clocked at 2.0 ghz

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
We don't know if it also includes the cost of the controller, or accessories, etc. The overall cost will be higher.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
The PS4, released in 2013 at a retail price of $399, was estimated by IHS Markit to cost $381 to manufacture. With the $450 unit cost and a similar gross margin, the PlayStation 5's retail price would have to be at least $470. That would be a hard sell to consumers, considering Sony's most expensive machine now is the $399.99 PS4 Pro and is often discounted, according to Macquarie Capital analyst Damian Thong.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most interesting quote from that article:

Most of the components for the console have been locked down, the people said, including the cooling system, which is unusually expensive at a few dollars per unit. Typically, companies would spend less than a dollar, but Sony opted to lavish more on making sure heat dissipation from the powerful chips housed inside the console isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.