• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019

source.gif

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I will be surprised if we get through DICE without something as there will have to be leaks following that.

IkarugaDE

Feb 3, 2020
shit, let me check with mr. lint!

It says that it could just be server maintenance. Tuesday is a common day to do it.

They mean tomorrow the 12th. :D

I also don't believe it (after it sounds a bit strange to turn off the servers for so long), but after nothing is happening here it's a nice variety.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Has there been any talk about how the games as a service games are going to work?
We know, or we assume, that there'll be backwards compatability... is it just that the current gen games will run on next gen hardware? will we see updates to make them next gen? will they have cross play with current gen?

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They showed thousands of rubber ducks for PS3, think we should hope for billions of rubber ducks in a bathtub... with one Mark Cerny this time. ;)
With RT its only going to be 10, especially if the rumored (/s) external RT chip is in the controller. Perhaps it will do 20 without the controller.

I am tired.... Should go back to work.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if it's Mark Cerny rendered in real-time on the ps5 announcing the ps5. Where it will fool us to think it's the real life him.
How about whoever registered to know more about PS5 on their signup page will get given a PSVR specifically designed to be worn for the PS5 unveil. Which when worn will evidently transport us to that magical place at Mark Cerny's house... his bathtub to be more precise.
After we applaud at the end of the unveil, he reveals that this wasnt actually his house, but the Matrix literally running with the GPU clocked at 2.0GHz and that he is not only the system architect of the PS5 but the architect of a real life Matrix as well.

Last edited:

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Phil Spencer said something a little bit interesting during that Gamertag Radio 1000th episode podcast. He said that the reason he eventually went along with the suggestion to do an initial look at the Xbox Series X during The Game Awards was because they aren't in the market position this generation that they would like and he wanted to do something bold, and the more interesting thing is that he said they would continue to be bold up through launch of next generation. Of course that can mean a lot of different things, but I personally suspect that one of those things is having the Lockhart option as a second SKU.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see Ssmsung is potentially getting ready to unveil the next Galaxy phone.. or something on the 11th of Feb. Would Sony really reveal PS5 on the same day? Given competition for media coverage etc.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Really? That would be very interesting, I thought we were waiting until GDC for the juicy stuff.

Well I guess there will be a lot more at GDC so more likely to get info then, but I imagine some fun conversations will happen between panels at DICE as well.

Then again there may be nothing of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.