• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Cottle

Jan 28, 2020
Was this posted yet?

m.imgur.com

imgur.com

1051 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

" They had to move us to new offices to continue the supply of PS5 .....!!!! deadline is May "

Something to do with coronavirus
So if Sony believe they've slipped up with their design and are concerned about the rhetoric of power disparity would they go all out for an early release and try to get the jump on MS? Is this guy talking about a manufacturing deadline for a May PS5 release? Why splash out on E3 if your console is in the wild already.

We've heard they were planning a 2019 release so perhaps they could do it.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Probably because Sony make TVs and none of their TVs supported it, so you would be giving the message "Don't buy a Sony Tv to compliment your PS4"

There's that and that Sony has never been as aggressive at firmware features as Microsoft has. Sure they update 'stability' a lot but once they got Suspend/Resume and SharePlay type stuff working, I feel like they haven't released any meaningful features.

Jul 6, 2018
Controllers are also very cheap to produce. We're talking under $20. They're nothing but profit margin. So leaving one out makes no sense as a cost saving measure.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
If you have a shed full of wheels it does.

And how does the manufacturer know your situation? In the case of consoles. The manufacturer will not improve the product with respect to the previous one? In that case, you will not want to distribute the new product to lower the design cost margins?

Companies have to take into account all potential customers, including those who were never within their ecosystem. In addition I only see one option in this, and that is if it becomes a reality, in the future the final price of the console will not go down, but that they will take advantage of it to have a greater profit margin and the only that will lose is the consumer.

I know you are being sarcastic. But my point is for those who really want it to come true.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If you have a shed full of wheels it does.

While certainly in the beginning of the gen, I'd assume most people will be technophiles, as a company you'd want to encourage people to 'switch' from PS to XB or vice versa, so banking on them having compatible controllers seems to go against that.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
So if Sony believe they've slipped up with their design and are concerned about the rhetoric of power disparity would they go all out for an early release and try to get the jump on MS? Is this guy talking about a manufacturing deadline for a May PS5 release? Why splash out on E3 if your console is in the wild already.

We've heard they were planning a 2019 release so perhaps they could do it.
You would think that if they are doing a May production deadline then the console takes a few months to ship to distribution warehouses and then ships from those warehouses to retailers. Earliest your looking at is around September

IkarugaDE

Feb 3, 2020
Some argument that DopeyFish was making a few pages back got spun into a hot mess.

The most crazy thing is this conversation lasts for more than one day now. It's like a shitty leaker said RAM will be removable on both consoles but PS5 only has two slots during XSX has four. One day later all are arguing why four slots are better than two instead of finishing this discussion at the beginning by saying this rumor is shit.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Man if I had to choose between two systems both at the same price, Im picking the one with the controller. They cost almost the same as a game.
Why is this a thing? Who brought up this no controller business?

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

... but for some it would be the hassle of a gift that is incomplete without an accessory, and for most it would mean the console would be $30 more expensive because you need to buy one of the high margin controllers. Unless you're looking to sell two different SKUs which is a forecasting and warehousing nightmare. You're talking about changing something fundamental only to suit some fraction of the market they want to attract.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
No controller is not happening people. If it were to happen, Xbox One X would have done it. It made much more sense then than now

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
... but for some it would be the hassle of a gift that is incomplete without an accessory, and for most it would mean the console would be $30 more expensive because you need to buy one of the high margin controllers. Unless you're looking to sell two different SKUs which is a forecasting and warehousing nightmare. You're talking about changing something fundamental only to suit some fraction of the market they want to attract.

i'm just saying i'd like to buy a series x without a controller and save me 20 bucks. i'm not concerned with retail

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have to get a controller.. and in the case of PS5, you have to especially get a controller, because of the advancements in tech between DS4 and DS5, the controller experience is part of the next gen sell.
On the Xbox side.. maybe it's up to how they feel. Essentially, the Xbone and Series X controllers are the same, spart from the ergonomics of Series X controller being smaller.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how will you play the new FIFA without a controller :(
With nuts, duh.

gamer_food_caffeinated_energy_snacks.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.