• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2019
While it's far too early to say anything concrete, there's some speculation that 2019-nCov could be nearing its peak in Mainland China over the next few weeks. If it behaves anything like SARS, the rate of new cases will significantly drop off after it peaks. I believe coronaviruses also tend to die off in warmer, humid conditions so that's encouraging as we head towards Spring/Summer.

Regardless of whether or not it affects console production, the safety of the people is most important so hopefully we're nearing the end of this.

www.bloomberg.com

Coronavirus May Infect Up to 500,000 in Wuhan Before It Peaks

The new coronavirus might have infected at least 500,000 people in Wuhan, the Chinese city at the epicenter of the global outbreak, by the time it peaks in coming weeks. But most of those people won’t know it.
👍👌 Agreed, safety of the people first always offcourse!

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
Now that's what I call a UI. I would literally pay sony extra to be able to use that.

There's a though, maybe sony should in addition to making their UI make API UI strings and allow people to build their own themed UIs complete with animations. Kinda like what you have with apps like Kodi

That would be neat if they do that. And I bet they won't let any theme pass through without checks unlike avatars.

They already have theme engine on their mobiles, so something like that for consoles would be awesome.

this is a legitmately great UI design, a bit of clutter and some needed extra refinements aside, i would love for sony's software UI team to take some notes off of this for next gen UI upgrade, maybe even outright hire this user.

This UI looks and feels modern in every way to me. If Sony adopts the same PS4 UI with little to no changes, I don't think it will sit well in current times.

You're just trying to oppress the people with vision and excellent dress sense.

Yes. I won't be part of this oppression. I veto it.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Ha, a console without a controller!

'Here, buy our box of tricks but don't forget, you need to pay extra to use it' : )

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Y'all know that if a next gen console actually has the audacity to launch without a controller, there will still be stans on this site that'll defend that shit. "Well you can still use a current gen controller", etc.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what's with the poll? Why yhe hell would you sell a console without a controller?
I'd taker a copy of Cats on blu-ray though as a pack-in.

IkarugaDE

Feb 3, 2020
Could we end this discussion with the idea to sell your controller on eBay after you bought the console of your choice? Think that could save more money.

Oct 26, 2017
What are the best new graphical things coming other than ray-tracing and 4K.

Will AMD have a DLSS equivalent available for developers for PS5 and Xbox Series X to use?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What are the best new graphical things coming other than ray-tracing and 4K.

Will AMD have a DLSS equivalent available for developers for PS5 and Xbox Series X to use?

The ability to push one polygon or one texel or more per pixel which will grant CGI quality cus the overall hardware allows it and broke the limits of all past gens so now the leap will be tremendous. Also higher fidelity hair and cloth phsyics whether simulated or multi-baked.

Last edited:

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
Was this posted yet?

m.imgur.com

imgur.com

1051 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

" They had to move us to new offices to continue the supply of PS5 .....!!!! deadline is May "

Something to do with coronavirus

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
I think people are reading moreinto that than they should.

Sony is going to have to have a PS5 landing page whenever their information goes up. This s just them being forward-thinking. Currently, there is no information to populate the page, so how else are they supposed to convey a "come back soon" message?

And furthermore the site isn't even publicly accessible. So its obviously just an internal thing.
What do you mean it's not publicly accessible? When you google PlayStation 5, the top hit is the PlayStation5 webpage.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Imagine not voting for Cats.
This.

giphy.gif

*Controller not included!

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
So I was again wondering about how much loss the console makers will take and what they might do to combat it and wondered about the possibility of either
  • artificially slowing availability of physical game copies of next-gen software to nudge customers towards digital sales
  • offer discount or single use coupons for digital versions of new software
What if game prices went up but digital copies stayed at $60?

Just thought it might be an interesting possibility...

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to make it so that everyone who voted 'no controller' in the poll can automatically go to my ignore list?

Oct 26, 2017
So I was again wondering about how much loss the console makers will take and what they might do to combat it and wondered about the possibility of either
  • artificially slowing availability of physical game copies of next-gen software to nudge customers towards digital sales
  • offer discount or single use coupons for digital versions of new software
What if game prices went up but digital copies stayed at $60?

Just thought it might be an interesting possibility...

Pretty sure if game prices went up for retailers that retailers would then charge a premium for the consoles, thus defeating the point.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think PS5 will support Freesync like XB1X currently does or do you think they will only use VRR over HDMI 2.1?

Was there every any reason why Sony didnt patch in freesync like MS did for the XB1X?

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
The bet with Xeontech is, I lose if any console is reaching 12 TF. When we made the bet I was not expecting that. I was expecting around 10 TF slightly below or above for both consoles. Xeontech already made a wonderful ugly avatar for me with tears and cheesecake involved!
Specifically, 10 or below he wins. 12 or above I win. In between or some of both is pretty much a tie and we both wear ugly avatars lol

It's just for a couple weeks for fun.

But that Xbox 12tf news has ppl sweating I'll tell ya!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Do you think PS5 will support Freesync like XB1X currently does or do you think they will only use VRR over HDMI 2.1?

Was there every any reason why Sony didnt patch in freesync like MS did for the XB1X?

Probably because Sony make TVs and none of their TVs supported it, so you would be giving the message "Don't buy a Sony Tv to compliment your PS4"

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
It's at a point where we're ALMONDS MILKing it too hard huh?
Nut that I don't understand your concern, but I would prefer to turn it up an nutch. This is a tight knut cummunuty of folks that is nutorious for this kind of behavior. Nutwithstanding that, I would recalmond an almondment to the poll so we can break out of this shell of a bad pun.

hopefully none of you get too salty and go nuts over this.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
24 people who refuse to be constrained by the mores of conservative gaming culture, prepared to think outside the box and take responsibility for themselves and literally wrest control from corporations and their orthodoxy.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I can see why people would be all for an next-gen Xbox without a controller since the new one hasn't changed significantly, presuming it really did reduce the cost of the console by $50. It's that last part that's the flaw in the chain of assumptions, though. The core console is sold near cost to get you into the ecosystem, while accessories have always been sold at a healthy markup to increase overall profit margins. I doubt the included controller adds more than about $20 to the BOM, and including one simplifies stock management.

In short: it seems wildly unlikely, even for Xbox.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
24 people who refuse to be constrained by the mores of conservative gaming culture, prepared to think outside the box and take responsibility for themselves and literally wrest control from corporations and their orthodoxy.
A new generation wakes Christmas morning to learn there is something even more disappointing to read on a box than, "batteries not included."

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why people would be all for an next-gen Xbox without a controller since the new one hasn't changed significantly, presuming it really did reduce the cost of the console by $50. It's that last part that's the flaw in the chain of assumptions, though. The core console is sold near cost to get you into the ecosystem, while accessories have always been sold at a healthy markup to increase overall profit margins. I doubt the included controller adds more than about $20 to the BOM, and including one simplifies stock management.

In short: it seems wildly unlikely, even for Xbox.
You are technically correct, the best kind of Correct.

This is exactly what is meant by voting option "a bag of walnuts ".

Status
Not open for further replies.