• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patent
Just so we are clear they have not given us a 12tf figure, If you wanna think it is that's kool but they have not given us shit

They have given us the following figures
  • CPU - over 4x more powerful than the x1x CPU
  • SSD - over 40x more powerful than last gen HDDs
  • GPU - over 8x more powerful than X1S, 2x more powerful than X1X. This gives us a minimum of 11.2 tflops and a max of 12 tflops.
  • APU Die Size - Massive 405 mm2 die size. Bigger than any console this gen. All but confirms a minimum 60 GPU.
  • RAM Type - GDDR6 RAM
  • RAM Bandwidth - ??
  • Controller form factor
  • Console form factor unlike anything seen before. Confirms a powerful 12 tflops console.
  • GPU Features - Hardware RT and VRS

Sony has given us.
  • CPU - Zen 2 CPU 8 Core 16 threads - Performance??
  • SSD - ??
  • GPU - ??
  • APU Die Size - ??
  • RAM Type - ??
  • RAM Bandwidth - ??
  • Dedicated 3D Audio Chip
  • Console - ??
  • Controller - ??
  • GPU Features - Hardware RT - VRS ??
Sure there is plenty of time to reveal all of that, but as of now, MS has done a much better job revealing their console and the specs.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Transistor Fresh stats update (104 votes processed):

graph571ktx.jpg

Most votes still on 25th Feb, normal distribution maximum shifted to March 14th. :)

EDIT: How could I forget Tonky, he is now also added to the pool!

Last edited:

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested to see the discussion continue on this topic. III-V raised serious doubts that a version of the PS5 GPU could be inside a MacBook Pro that will be released in March of this year.

VX1 III-V DrKeo DukeBlueBall TheThreadsThatBindUs Liabe Brave
It does fit my theory that the discarded 2019 PS5 APU would likely get repurposed as a gaming laptop chip, with the old steppings getting made in limited quantities to test things that aren't changing in the 2020 PS5, like BC or SSD customizations, and then extra steppings to disable stuff like the PS4 BC and SSD customizations. :)

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Reveal date 8th may Transistor.

I hope I did it right

Edit: 2 of my dates were already picked so going with 8th may

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very interested to see the discussion continue on this topic. III-V raised serious doubts that a version of the PS5 GPU could be inside a MacBook Pro that will be released in March of this year.

VX1 III-V DrKeo DukeBlueBall TheThreadsThatBindUs Liabe Brave

It shouldn't be too controversial. NAVI 10 Lite is an iGPU. Apple uses Intel CPU, which have their own Intel-based iGPU. The current Flagship MacBook Pro just came out with an 5500m as an option, I.e. Navi 14. Apple will not be using any iGPU from AMD anytime soon. As to what _rogame is thinking????🤔

What in the hells is going on here LMAO!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but OP made it sound like it's bigger than a semi.

There are lots of posts about how it is huge and like a power station cooling tower and a breakthrough form factor. Its barely any bigger than XB1 (which did have a big APU) and the form factor does have potnetial to allow it to use larger heat sinks which is good. But it doesn't come across as revolutionary to me?

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
It shouldn't be too controversial. NAVI 10 Lite is an iGPU. Apple uses Intel CPU, which have their own Intel-based iGPU. The current Flagship MacBook Pro just came out with an 5500m as an option, I.e. Navi 14. Apple will not be using any iGPU from AMD anytime soon. As to what _rogame is thinking????🤔

What in the hells is going on here LMAO!

There is a rumour going around about a gaming Mac, so VRS and support for a bunch of Navis are to be expected.

What I find interesting is the Renoir APU being an Apple product: this means Intel is about to lose more ground, since Apple has stuck with Intel since the PowerPC days.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Nice new OT.
Watching the numerous deadlines come and betters fade as the reveal just won't come will be fun as hell.

Also, is there a consensus on the avatar for the losers yet?
(I'm just asking so I can prepare my soul for wearing it.)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Patent

They have given us the following figures
  • CPU - over 4x more powerful than the x1x CPU
  • SSD - over 40x more powerful than last gen HDDs
  • GPU - over 8x more powerful than X1S, 2x more powerful than X1X. This gives us a minimum of 11.2 tflops and a max of 12 tflops.
  • APU Die Size - Massive 405 mm2 die size. Bigger than any console this gen. All but confirms a minimum 60 GPU.
  • RAM Type - GDDR6 RAM
  • RAM Bandwidth - ??
  • Controller form factor
  • Console form factor unlike anything seen before. Confirms a powerful 12 tflops console.
  • GPU Features - Hardware RT and VRS

Sony has given us.
  • CPU - Zen 2 CPU 8 Core 16 threads - Performance??
  • SSD - ??
  • GPU - ??
  • APU Die Size - ??
  • RAM Type - ??
  • RAM Bandwidth - ??
  • Console - ??
  • Controller - ??
  • GPU Features - Hardware RT - VRS ??
Sure there is plenty of time to reveal all of that, but as of now, MS has done a much better job revealing their console and the specs.

sony has shown
  • CPU - Zen 2 CPU 8 Core 16 threads - Performance?? - you can't infer performance from that? It'll be similar to Xbox numbers..
  • SSD - They've said faster than anything available at the time on PC. Showed demos. Showed timings to compare to PSpro running Spiderman.
  • GPU - ??
  • APU Die Size - ??
  • RAM Type - ??
  • RAM Bandwidth - ??
  • Console - ??
  • Controller - They've talked about in depth new features on the controller, I think let wired try one with demo games updated to support the haptics.
  • GPU Features - Hardware RT - VRS ?? They've confirmed Hardware RT.

aweedswee

Jan 21, 2020
Greece
Nice new OT.
Watching the numerous deadlines come and betters fade as the reveal just won't come will be fun as hell.

Also, is there a consensus on the avatar for the losers yet?
(I'm just asking so I can prepare my soul for wearing it.)
Nah i think transistor mentioned that every individual will have his own avatar that will be his choosing.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
There is a rumour going around about a gaming Mac, so VRS and support for a bunch of Navis are to be expected.

What I find interesting is the Renoir APU being an Apple product: this means Intel is about to lose more ground, since Apple has stuck with Intel since the PowerPC days.
That would really be shocking! Interesting times ahead...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance that consoles next-gen will have something similar to Nvidia's DLSS? I only learned about it a couple days ago from Digital Foundry, but I'm extremely impressed. I don't know if it's similar to checkerboarding or what, because they only went into the amazing results rather than the tech behind it, but it's pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.