• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oftentimes appearance is more damaging image-wise than objective reality. Look, I'm not saying it's time for panic, but Sony will start getting negative PR like this the longer this goes on.

Oh I think you're right. Its just odd how shit like this happens for no apparant reason. MS haven't talked price either but nobody is talking about them running scared - the opposite actually, they're talking about blank cheques again. Seem to remember similar things in the run up to last gen reveal

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was bored.

FwCORgy.png

7JscCml.png

zbCXoas.png

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fine you bastards, I will join this sacrifice party and put my day as Feb 26th which is also my birthday.

Gonna be a glorious day that will take my mind away from the fact I will officially be half way through my 30's.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In the middle of GDC? Interesting. So as part of the event?
yea, i am predicting a GDC reveal, Google did the same with stadia, it makes sense because it lets the press have interviews with many developers, it prevents leaks and its before the end of the financial year, so developers can announce their projects for this year in time.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alright y'all, here are the rules

I've discussed this with B-Dubs and here's what we're constituting as a reveal event:

• Make a bet on the exact release date of the PS5 reveal
  • Interviews with Wired (or another publication) and State of Play events do count BUT:
  • Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen. Not just a shadow or some shit. I mean showing the whole damn thing.
  • Leaks do NOT count
  • Votes for "none" don't count. Only concrete dates.
  • You win? The staff will give you an awesome tag
  • You lose? You get an embarrassing avatar of my choosing until the PS5 is RELEASED

Who dares risk their avatars? Win and get a tag. Lose and, well, I get to pick your avatar

This ain't rocket science. Just use this as a guide:

5L2QwEg.png

February 26

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
yea, i am predicting a GDC reveal, Google did the same with stadia, it makes sense because it lets the press have interviews with many developers, it prevents leaks and its before the end of the financial year, so developers can announce their projects for this year in time.
I like it, except for the part about following what Stadia did. 😉

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I like it, except for the part about following what Stadia did. 😉
i am not saying they will do the same kind of reveal, i am expecting a much bigger game focus there for example, just that like how google decided to reveal stadia in GDC 2019, sony might decide to unveil PS5 in this year's GDC.
Is that right? Going to need a link for that.
taken from the trailer:
unknown.png

Its the first official PS5 title, and a launch title at that.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They have promoted Godfall as a PS5 game on their twitter/youtube.

"Learn more about Godfall: http://godfall.com. Godfall is a third-person fantasy looter-slasher focused on melee combat, coming to PlayStation 5 Holiday 2020. Developed by Counterplay Games & published by Gearbox Publishing."

Promotions which line up with other console exclusivity deals Sony has made in the past. We have yet to see a game from Sony on PS5.
The original trailer shown at TGA did in fact include the PS5 logo.
I get it, but I interpreted the original question as, "what has Sony shown" rather than what has a 3rd party shown. I'm sure Gearbox got permission from Sony to promote PlayStation 5 exclusivity. Additionally, the trailer certainly did not include a PS5 logo as we did not see that revealed until CES 2020. Edit: Rather a placeholder logo.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Promotions which line up with other console exclusivity deals Sony has made in the past. We have yet to see a game from Sony on PS5.

I get it, but I interpreted the original question as, "what has Sony shown" rather than what has a 3rd party shown. I'm sure Gearbox got permission from Sony to promote PlayStation 5 exclusivity. Additionally, the trailer certainly did not include a PS5 logo as we did not see that revealed until CES 2020. Edit: Rather a placeholder logo.
what that you dont seem to understand that gearbox did not approach sony to show godfall in TGA, it was the other way around, because its a PS5 launch title.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wouldn't it be better to organize all those bets in its own thread?
Transistor
B-Dubs

Edit:
Benefits:
- Having an OT with the rules
- You as mods can shift the comments in here in that new OT anyway
- All in one place

+

|OT11| Gambling an avatar for a tag in a lottery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.