• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the Next gen speculation spilled out into the main forum with that post by Proven. Glad we were able to contain it.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
What's the consensus on Klee's info now?

I figure if no PSM happens in February, like he said it would, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to hop off his hype train~

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Feb 10, 2018
People don't want to compromise. They want their favourites next console to be the cheapest, most powerful, quietest, smallest, etc. the best option in every way without any flaw. And as long as there isn't any real information, there is hope for
fyea.gif

We will never get perfection.
Perfection would be

12 core zen 2 4ghz
20tf rdna2
64gb gddr6
2tb reram
$499

Oct 27, 2017

I figure if no PSM happens in February, like he said it would, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to hop off his hype train~
In the new Direct/state of play era I don't think Feb is completely out of the question. Apple can announce events with 1-2 weeks heads up, I don't see any reason why Sony can't. Whether they do it idk

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

I think that would be kinda unfair, considering rumor we've heard of the reveal event being moved a few times. I mean, just because plans change doesn't mean what he was told was a lie.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I think that would be kinda unfair, considering rumor we've heard of the reveal event being moved a few times. I mean, just because plans change doesn't mean what he was told was a lie.
People also need to remember that it's entirely possible that an insider's information was right at the time they gave it. With the rumors that the dev kit went back to the drawing board, it's within the realm of reason that they were right but became wrong later on.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
People also need to remember that it's entirely possible that an insider's information was right at the time they gave it. With the rumors that the dev kit went back to the drawing board, it's within the realm of reason that they were right but became wrong later on.
Yeah that's kinda the thing I wish more people would realize. Things do in fact change, and there's a world of difference between someone that has proper information *at the time* and it turns out to be different, vs. someone just spouting nonsense.

Aug 26, 2019
Yeah that's kinda the thing I wish more people would realize. Things do in fact change, and there's a world of difference between someone that has proper information *at the time* and it turns out to be different, vs. someone just spouting nonsense.
Agreed.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Yeh pretty much what I was saying, but I think he SHOULD be called out if the 9.2 TF PS5 and 12 TF XSX rumor turns out true.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
Tonky is basing his speculation for today being the day of the reveal, off the Sony Hall private event at 7pm EST right?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Insiders should have a little score card of claims and percentage right or wrong attached, it gets a bit moody when people in a thread do it.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Tonky has been the only interesting thing in the last days... which is pretty depressing at the same time.

He deserves to be saved this time.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Now of course there are some with much better track records. But until anything is actually announced by the companies, people just need to relax.

yup. It's not a black and white, right and wrong thing - you build trust with people. Klee might be totally wrong but he's been around for tonkys years and has always come across as straight shooting and trustworthy. Like that press sneak fuck too.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Not even one week into Feb and everyone acting like February is over and writing off everything Klee said.

Still plenty of the month to go people, particularly if the reveal is a State of Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.