• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
stannis-baratheon-12-1434373228.gif

tumblr_m4q276MLCq1rrhhnko1_400.gif

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Oct 26, 2017
Why are people who believe in 9.2 TFs called "truthers"?

What better information than the 9.2 TF Github test is out there?

I could see it going either way, but "truther" is... a bizarre word to use.

Feb 10, 2018
The meltdowns would be amazing if true. I do worry that we are getting a lower TF for PS but that's because Era has hit me over the head with that so much. So yeah, the reactions would me priceless.

Whatever "meltdowns" there are will just be console warrior nonsense.
I think people just want a good leap and don't want power to be a reason for others to criticise the platform they like.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about the Mods ban one person per day who has over 50 posts in any of these OTs until the PS5 is revealed?

I think that is how we keep it spicy. It will be randomly selected from the list.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
If we contemplate a fully barren February (I haven't heard of any greater events anyway), in terms of announcements/conferences etc. from Sony, what do we have before E3?

2020 D.I.C.E. Summit/2020 D.I.C.E. Summit Opening Keynote
February 11-13

2020-tim-sweeney-keynote.jpg

Source: https://www.dicesummit.org/news/tim_sweeney_2020_dice_opening_keynote.asp

Now, I wouldn't expect any major announcements (like Unreal Engine 5) here, but I suppose a few hints on practices concerning both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X aren't outside the realm of possibility.

GDC 2020
March 16-20

gdc2020fcjsr.png

Source: https://www.gdconf.com/

If we get no PS5 news from Sony before then, I think the likelihood of leaks is quite high.

Sony Corporate Strategy Meeting FY2020
May XX (last year's meeting was on May 21)

Last year's meeting had the following:

Source: https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/strategy/pdf/2019/speech_E.pdf

For the 2020 meeting I expect something similar but with more concrete details on PS5.

---

There's also the FY2019 earnings release in late April, but the above are three greater events from which I believe we could get some kind of new information on PS5.

I like how Sony is wedged between MS and Google. Sony is like the "Hold me back bro" friend to keep those two from fighting.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I think people just want a good leap and don't want power to be a reason for others to criticise the platform they like.

People don't want to compromise. They want their favourites next console to be the cheapest, most powerful, quietest, smallest, etc. the best option in every way without any flaw. And as long as there isn't any real information, there is hope for
fyea.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.