• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
The PlayStation 5 will be powerful than the Xbox Series X.

0f6.jpg

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
So to sum up the consensus that keeps going on:

Ps5 13TF+ Achieved through 2gHz and some crazy expensive cooling required, 12TF for xbox
PS5 SSD fully custom and 8GB/s+, xbox 2GB/s
DS5 with an lcd

Makes me wonder what da hell did MS waste their budget on then, there's no esram or kinect this time so?
Xbox Dev kits had been out. There is 0 chance they were not. What went out at that time was the updated dev kit. You don't get from 0 to Hellblade 2 in a month.
didn't he say very few of em were and didn't another insider in this very thread state that additional people were just briefed? Didn't klee himself say that ms was not very communicative about their console/dev kits?

Everyone always seems to miss the important details that insiders say.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018

Ps5 13TF+ Achieved through 2gHz and some crazy expensive cooling required, 12TF for xbox
DS5 with an lcd

Makes me wonder what da hell did MS waste their budget on then, there's no esram or kinect this time so?
consensus ?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

DS5 with an lcd

didn't he say very few of em were and didn't another insider in this very thread state that additional people were just briefed? Didn't klee himself say that ms was not very communicative about their console/dev kits?

Everyone always seems to miss the important details that insiders say.
No, Matt said they were not communicative. Older dev kits existed. Nothing conflicts with what I posted.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think PS5 is magic. Two-third of those things aren't going to happen.

Agreed.

My prediction is:

Xbox has the best GPU
Playstation has the best SSD solution
Xbox has the best CPU
A wash on Ray tracing capabilities

From a marketing perspective :

Identical pricing on equivalent SKUs.
Xbox push the raw power narrative
Playstation push the fastest narrative, plus fancy controller

It's a safe prediction.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Agreed.

My prediction is:

Xbox has the best GPU
Xbox has the best CPU

It's a safe prediction.
This is pretty much what I'm expecting.

Nov 11, 2017
Agreed.

My prediction is:

Xbox has the best GPU
Xbox has the best CPU

It's a safe prediction.
Well if one has the better GPU in theory it would have the better ray tracing capabilities too.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
No, Matt said they were not communicative. Older dev kits existed. Nothing conflicts with what I posted.
Were there actual dev kits or pcs built based on specs given by ms? Also how wide were those circulated?

I believe that jschreirer posted how ms just briefed more devs on console.

Klee did state that their dev kit was older revision tho, not clear wether pc or dev kit, and Spencer stated how they just shipped dev kits when was it like october?

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your daily dose Era next-gen thread.

No. On what? I literally just posted a gif on a statement not made by me.

I already said everything I have to say a few days ago.

Not to sound negative, but all that gif accomplishes is to work the thread into a frenzy.
As per my posts with Senjetsusage - if you have credible information, please share and ask mods to verify. Posting vague replies or otherwise implying that you know better than most - is unhelpful.

For what it's worth. I really want to know more, so if anyone has more information - please share.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Dev kits had been out. There is 0 chance they were not. What went out at that time was the updated dev kit. You don't get from 0 to Hellblade 2 in a month.

Ninja Theory is first party though and from the sounds of it first party has been in the loop, thankfully, and it's more the 3rd party devs that have been left with questions though they seem to be remedying that now.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any real world scenarios in which we could analyse the difference in performance of a 10.2tf vs a 12tf RDNA architecture, like a 5700xt overclocked to an X amount or even using an Nvidia card for reference?

10.2 VS 12?
It's not that big of a difference. It's 15 percent.

10.7 VS 12
It's 11 percent difference.

If Sony gets to 11- it's a 9 percent difference.

Even in multiplats the difference will be miniscule. The real difference, I've been saying, is the SSD.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well if one has the better GPU in theory it would have the better ray tracing capabilities too.

I won't pretend to know a great deal about Ray tracing. But based on what I've been reading in this very thread - there's a potential that higher clocks benefits ray tracing more than lower clocks - e.g. The fast and narrow VS slow and wide comparison.

That's the only thing my prediction is based on. Nothing else.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I won't pretend to know a great deal about Ray tracing. But based on what I've been reading in this very thread - there's a potential that higher clocks benefits ray tracing more than lower clocks - e.g. The fast and narrow VS slow and wide comparison.

That's the only thing my prediction is based on. Nothing else.

How could anyone possibly know how AMD is developing hardware accelerated ray tracing at this point when they don't have a single product on the market that supports it?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not to sound negative, but all that gif accomplishes is to work the thread into a frenzy.
As per my posts with Senjetsusage - if you have credible information, please share and ask mods to verify. Posting vague replies or otherwise implying that you know better than most - is unhelpful.

For what it's worth. I really want to know more, so if anyone has more information - please share.
Just chill. We are all just having a bit of fun. I didn't know the plastic business was that serious so to iterate, I already shared everything I wanted to say a few days ago here.

And now I drink a real tea.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any real world scenarios in which we could analyse the difference in performance of a 10.2tf vs a 12tf RDNA architecture, like a 5700xt overclocked to an X amount or even using an Nvidia card for reference?
It's a difference of Digital Foundry zooming in 400% instead of 500% to spot the difference in grass textures.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I told you guys to listen to me about 10.2 TF versus 12.

Generally, you are a nice person my friend, but please stop with this repeated "the sky is falling!" kind of post. People, as seen by senjutsusage just now, actually think you are reacting to legitimately new info, and it does nothing to help keep the known info clear.

Breathe. No matter which console ends up more powerful, everything will be okay. We promise.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
10.2 VS 12?
It's not that big of a difference. It's 15 percent.

10.7 VS 12
It's 11 percent difference.

If Sony gets to 11- it's a 9 percent difference.

Really hoping there isn't like a pretty noticeable difference in terms of visual fidelity between a 10.7 VS 12tf, i don't know why but a 15% difference does seem like a substantial difference between the two.

Now 5% i'd be pretty chill with.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So what is the difference between 12 and 13 TF in reality? What is one really getting out of that in real, applicable terms making games?

Status
Not open for further replies.