• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO don't take the chance if it can get your source in trouble.
With how lock down things are it could be easy to trace back .
Someone told me something but I don't want to find out if the ninjas are real lol.
there are ways around it. you dont have to give away the exact SSD speeds.

If it's 5GB/s, say greater than 4GB/s.
If it's 14 tflops. Simply say between 13 and 15.
If it's HBM2, simply say it's not GDDR6.
If it's ReRAM, just say it's not just an SSD.

This way you dont give exact info and dont burn the source.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone told me something but I don't want to find out if the ninjas are real lol.

Yeah don't say anything. We are close enough to just wait.

Honestly the way so many people are behaving in here they don't deserve any information or leaks. Most likely outcome is he gets harassed and insulted if it is something that goes against their corporate religion. The precedent has been set.

Last edited:

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I think confirmation of the reveal would calm a lot of us down but I'm guess it will be at least a month away. Lets just hope they aren't planning a Mar/Apr reveal.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best insider this generation has to be KomachiEnsaka.

Case in point.

www.resetera.com

Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT7| - nm

Xb1 and xb1x had 4/8 RBEs respectively, with 16 / 32 ROPs total respectively. PS4 had 8 RBEs. This is likely referring to BC for XB1 (Gen0), which had 16 ROPS. Guessing Scorpio would be Gen1. Similar set up the Gen0(PS4), Gen1(Pro), Gen2(Oberon) labeling used on Sony's side. Since Komachi...

From his twitter posts, I came to the conclusion that Lockhart was still alive (this was days before all the Lockhart revival news broke), and that next generation Xbox has hardware RT and VRS.

All of that came true.
eh. he's a cry baby. couldnt handle a few questions.

does he know the CU counts of the Oberon GPU? Why cant he tell it to redgamingtech and not everyone else?

I feel like hes sitting on the biggest PS5 leak out there and refusing to share info. thats just lame.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe that could work for TF number .
But when you have the SSD speed\tech on lock down so hard even that could be trouble.
The only reason i ask Klee was to know info was still on lock down .

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
and then we never see those two again lol
tumblr_oynarnT4Zr1rbijdfo7_500.gifv

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
eh. he's a cry baby. couldnt handle a few questions.

does he know the CU counts of the Oberon GPU? Why cant he tell it to redgamingtech and not everyone else?

I feel like hes sitting on the biggest PS5 leak out there and refusing to share info. thats just lame.

He is sitting on every single piece of information about the APUs in both consoles. The reason he wouldn't share anything is because he was spammed by thirsty people.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Yes, NDAs are signed, but Xbox execs have friends with major studios and publishers who must almost certainly get access to dev kits. They will talk and leak and let them know what's going on. Both Sony and Microsoft know what's going on. There may be surprises kept like Sony's 8GB of GDDR5 that I believe only first parties knew, but both Sony and Microsoft have a pretty strong idea of what the other side has up their sleeve.

Yea, there are people they know that talk, but also a lot of the knowledge of the nitty gritty are left out. they have engineers that will basically tell them roughly what the other company is shooting for similar to what alot of people who know their shit in these threads talk about.

But NDA's is a big thing when it comes to things like custom chips/SOC shit. Like when your a company who is servicing 2 companies shit better be tight lipped because someone either loses their job , or a class action lawsuit will happen extremely fast because leaks can damage bottom line in stocks.

Why do you think everything is so hush/hush compared to previous?

I bet you AMD was talking to these companies and was like yo, some of your partners are leaking shit, shut that shit down.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be interesting to see if lockheart hasn't been canned if they do 2 skus at launch or wait a bit. Part of me thinks they have cancelled the current iteration and will wait a while and beef it up a bit so it's more like like 32cu part and 6-7 rdna tflops. Launches fall 2021 at $299. I don't think Sony can get to $299 that soon if they only have 1 box.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
It's gonna be interesting to see if lockheart hasn't been canned if they do 2 skus at launch or wait a bit. Part of me thinks they have cancelled the current iteration and will wait a while and beef it up a bit so it's more like like 32cu part and 6-7 rdna tflops. Launches fall 2021 at $299. I don't think Sony can get to $299 that soon if they only have 1 box.

BUT HAVING one box is the better way to go honestly. It makes it much easier to buyers, and having something that will be streamlined and down the line refreshed.

you mean PS NOW?

I feel Sony is holding something back with PS NOW until the PS5 is revealed/launch

some new strategy and new features/ideas

The fact that most of the stuff that has been teased or leaked has been small, and only recently. Sony is literally going to blow some shit UP!!!

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also don't we pretty much already have games with no load times (fallen order)? Basically you will get intro load times down to almost nothing and not see the noticeable hitching you see in fallen order. Basically if you have a PC. Sure, it's nice, but it's not like some kind of mind blowing thing. In some ways I kind of like loading times. Gives my mind and my hands a break or a piss break. Sure you can press pause but I'm not gonna have a conniption if there's 30 second loads every now and then.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

What makes me think Lockheart is real, is the recent emphasis on the console name being "Xbox" and this particular model being "series X".

That would seem to be they got another one already planned...

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What makes me think Lockheart is real, is the recent emphasis on the console name being "Xbox" and this particular model being "series X".

That would seem to be they got another one already planned...

yeah for sure. It at least seems to leave the door open. I think if we do see a name revision it's for sure a sign it's completely scrapped. If we don't I'd expect an s model within a year of launch.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is sitting on every single piece of information about the APUs in both consoles. The reason he wouldn't share anything is because he was spammed by thirsty people.
i remember the thuway tweet. it wasnt spamming. komachi threw a fit like a child.

i dont think i ever tweeted him but i do remember asking Apisak just what the actual gonzalo score was because 20000 up makes no sense. no reply. i mean how busy are these guys? they tweet all day and cant answer a simple question.

i also dont care for leakers sitting on info. thats all he does on twitter. literally leaks everything. now he grows a conscience?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't we pretty much already have games with no load times (fallen order)? Basically you will get intro load times down to almost nothing and not see the noticeable hitching you see in fallen order. Basically if you have a PC. Sure, it's nice, but it's not like some kind of mind blowing thing. In some ways I kind of like loading times. Gives my mind and my hands a break or a piss break. Sure you can press pause but I'm not gonna have a conniption if there's 30 second loads every now and then.
JFO has all kinds of loading, think about when you slip through a tight crack or crevice. It's not a great console experience. Witcher was miserable. I can't wait to ditch the loading.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
you mean PS NOW?

I feel Sony is holding something back with PS NOW until the PS5 is revealed/launch

some new strategy and new features/ideas

From 1st WIRED article

Sony's plans in this regard are still unclear—it's one of the many things Cerny is keeping mum on, saying only that "we are cloud-gaming pioneers, and our vision should become clear as we head toward launch"—but it's hard to think there won't be more news coming on that front.

But you know, PR talk so probably a big fat liar liar pants on fire.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that most of the stuff that has been teased or leaked has been small, and only recently. Sony is literally going to blow some shit UP!!!
yup we shall see next year

From 1st WIRED article

But you know, PR talk so probably a big fat liar liar pants on fire.
damn Sony working on so much misdirection they forgot to do anything real for their next console

thanks for the quote I recall this one but I forgot were it came from until you enlightened me again to which I give my thanks

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JFO has all kinds of loading, think about when you slip through a tight crack or crevice. It's not a great console experience. Witcher was miserable. I can't wait to ditch the loading.
its not just consoles. My PC experience has been pretty abysmal. took me an hour to realize that the hdr is busted on PC. its washed out like RDR2 was at launch. The stuttering has completely turned me off from playing it. For some reason, it doesnt offer 1800p resolution even though Gears 5 did it.

The game doesnt even look that great. i dont know why its running so poorly on PC. had to go down to high settings to get a stable 60 fps.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
This thread could probably learn something from the creator of the original Xbox and God of War tweets on next gen consoles :)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
So we had Duke, Thuway, Aegon and Colbert asking him questions? LMAO, we should have consolidated. ;)

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
This thread could probably learn something from the creator of the original Xbox and God of War tweets on next gen consoles :)

I still find it funny that the big tease for the Series X reveal was banter between Cory Barlog and Phil Spencer. Shu even posed excitedly with Phil after the show. Industry people are less antagonistic than everyone thinks.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I still find it funny that the big tease for the Series X reveal was banter between Cory Barlog and Phil Spencer. Shu even posed excitedly with Phil after the show. Industry people are less antagonistic than everyone thinks.

Yeah, I imagine that people making bank on all of us spending money on video games are pretty chill with each other in general :)

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think "no loading" is a bigger selling point for next gen than better visuals. Video games already look good enough for most people.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Kleegamefan was the first. Before him, we had Colbert drawing these diagrams and multiple users repeatedly punting this idea of double digits.

Klee also said PS5 is a smidge more powerful. So if he's accurate on both the 10+ and the PS5 -he deserves a ton of apologies from that segment of the community who have been doubting his credentials.

He legit helped confirm the numbers for Dante the other day.
Actually prior to Klee, we had Jason and that other guy say next gen was more powerful than Stadia (10.7tf)

So I count those.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think "no loading" is a bigger selling point for next gen than better visuals. Video games already look good enough for most people.

That is where the idea of a Lockhart could actually gain some traction with still having an SSD, as some may be interested in the faster/no loading experience for less money. An interesting concept if they do put that option out to market for sure.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Plus people expect better graphics from a new gen anyway. They also expect shitty performance and long load times too because that's the track record of consoles for over a decade now, so it's good for Sony & Microsoft to point out that hey, we've got ultra fast SSDs now that can eliminate wait times and hey, look at that, we can do better with frame rates as well.

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Trolling over multiple posts. Recently returned from a ban for similar behavior.
I feel like Hellblade II showed us that the visual bar can be raised but it seems as if Sony is pushing a narrative to distract us away from graphics (aka loading times), which could be a sign that they're not as competitive in that area.

giphy.gif

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Reading through the threadmarks, thanks be to anexanhume for essentially triggering the bullseye.

So, if XseX if going wide and slow, what are the chances that PS5 is going lean and fast (if the rumours about APU size and the consequent 52CU rumours are somewhat worth their salts)?

I can only wonder what kind of cooling solutions PS5 will have to implement given XseX may, in all likelihood, settle for vapor chamber.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Reading through the threadmarks, thanks be to anexanhume for essentially triggering the bullseye.

So, if XseX if going wide and slow, what are the chances that PS5 is going lean and fast (if the rumours about APU size and the consequent 52CU rumours are somewhat worth their salts)?

I can only wonder what kind of cooling solutions PS5 will have to implement given XseX may, in all likelihood, settle for vapor chamber.
If the worst case scenario is 10 VS 12-the difference is nothing.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Plus people expect better graphics from a new gen anyway. They also expect shitty performance and long load times too because that's the track record of consoles for over a decade now, so it's good for Sony & Microsoft to point out that hey, we've got ultra fast SSDs now that can eliminate wait times and hey, look at that, we can do better with frame rates as well.

Better load times are nice, which I think there was a sly reference to in the Senua Saga sizzle with the load indicator in the corner and then the game begins. But graphic wise what we have seen from the Senua trailer and whatever Sony shows put of the gate isn't going to progress greatly over the consoles life. Think about Ryse and Shadowfall, games built to demonstrate the consoles power that still hold hold up even at the end of this gen. The devil will be in the details.

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
Better load times are nice, which I think there was a sly reference to in the Senua Saga sizzle with the load indicator in the corner and then the game begins. But graphic wise what we have seen from the Senua trailer and whatever Sony shows put of the gate isn't going to progress greatly over the consoles life. Think about Ryse and Shadowfall, games built to demonstrate the consoles power that still hold hold up even at the end of this gen. The devil will be in the details.

Raytracing, animations and physics will be the difference makers for sure. Also with the improvements to CPU, GPU, Storage and RAM i don't think we've seen anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.