• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Made some renders on how the "dark tower" will look in a typical home setup
It's pretty big, won't fit in my TV stand so ill have to keep the console on the stand next to the TV, same like the switch
but the look is growing on me, it blends in pretty well with everything

iNGydxN.jpg

AGd14vd.jpg

bY258uX.jpg

Looks good, but was the disc slot always that huge?

Dec 10, 2019
That's a huge risk or financially prohibitive though. But I guess this is a speculation thread after all
I would love to see it. Just because I'm a tech nerd. But I just don't see it happen. Makes no sense, sadly.
Or maybe Sony is going a variable frequency route like desktop GPUs and we see 2GHz boost that only happens in low workload scenarios.
But that would be new and a fist in a console environment, too.

Nachtmaer

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that has me somewhat worried is how stubby those feet look, assuming there's no extra vent in the back and it sucks air in from the bottom. You could throw in as big a fan and fancy heatsink you want, if you can't pull in enough air, that thing will run hot. I can already see future horror stories of people putting it on carpet or on the floor and they end up with a dust and hair clogged intake.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty big, won't fit in my TV stand so ill have to keep the console on the stand next to the TV, same like the switch

iNGydxN.jpg

AGd14vd.jpg

bY258uX.jpg
Now I know what it'd look like if I placed my Subwoofer on my TV stand. Wow that's terrible.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain me what the difference would be if a console had lower clocks but more CU's as opposed to fewer CU's and a higher clock, but same TF number?

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017

iNGydxN.jpg

AGd14vd.jpg

bY258uX.jpg

As awesome as the console looks, that kind of size device right next to my TV is just not going to work for me. My 4K TV takes up a lot of space on my stand, and with my sound bar, PS4 and 4K Blu-Ray player (which will both be merged into PS5 for saving space), that takes up a lot for a console.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
As awesome as the console looks, that kind of size device right next to my TV is just not going to work for me. My 4K TV takes up a lot of space on my stand, and with my sound bar, PS4 and 4K Blu-Ray player (which will both be merged into PS5 for saving space), that takes up a lot for a console.
It looks pretty good as a speaker or a PC tower maybe.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people sure do visit "the other place". (hint: you won't melt away if you actually say gaf lol)

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

i think more of the market than MS thinks isnt gonna go for this thing based purely on its dimensions. My tv stand can fit it fine horizontally but I feel like a lot of stands these days have very narrow slots and are designed with sound bars in mind, not receivers.

I actually wonder what percent of US households even have a proper surround set up with a 5.1 receiver. I bet it is less than 25%.

if they do have a lower tier s model I'm probably gonna go with that and a ps5 honestly.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked to see when Sony announced the PS Meeting last time..it seems they announced it right at the end of Jan and did it around hte 20th of February. Gonna be a long ass wait if they do the same thing this time around. I hope we have another 'omg 8GB' GDDR5 moment lol

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Just checked to see when Sony announced the PS Meeting last time..it seems they announced it right at the end of Jan and did it around hte 20th of February. Gonna be a long ass wait if they do the same thing this time around. I hope we have another 'omg 8GB' GDDR5 moment lol
I don't know how we can inteprete that, but when asked "When can we expect to see more of Godfall", the CEO of Counterplay Games said "next Spring".

Status
Not open for further replies.