• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, this thread is getting embarrassing. I can't wait for the official reveals, I'm so fucking tired of the fanboys.

At least one of them has basically confirmed a 12 tflops monster, and yet, people are still bickering! A 7-15 % differential isn't going to change shit!

So what if the PS5 is stronger/weaker? Even the insiders are tired of this shit! I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have actual answers to all of this and watching the chaos unfold, knowing you can't say a word...

The way some of you've treated Klee and Tom, man, fuck that behavior!

We should be better than this!

Just want to quote this post since I love it and got your back 100%.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried reading some twitter feeds to see if there's info on next gen consoles, especially PS5

....boy is it bad. It's like wading through a pool of LSD laced shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
We have enough system power to bring Scalebound back now. Right??? Right! Dragon power.

I have serious doubts about the financial viability of small scale HBM but I'm willing to be proven wrong. PS5 will be great and may even be a little more powerful than the SX but HBM may be a folly to chase right now. Who knows...

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
It still amaze me that after all we've known about the XSX, some are still refusing their crow.

Anyway...

The return of HBM should be embraced.
I really don't get that rumor at all. I don't think HBM is as off the table as the peeps who've been wrong all the time think... But why bother if, according to the rumor, the result isn't that far off from what they'd probably get with GDDR6, and it's only 8 gigs out of TWENTY FOUR GIGABYTES!

I've not read any convincing argument as to why this would be a good idea. HBM only makes sense if it's WAY faster than GDDR. A set up where they end up with similar speed but have a lot less memory of said speed...? Nah, I don't see it happening.

We had almost no problem of console warring on this thread since the launch of Era. It started to be embarrassing right after the Window Central leaks, with a flow of members who've never intervene in before, started to rewrite history of leaks and their propagation in this thread.
Some already mentioned it, but have you missed the Reiner tweets? The meltdowns in the OT at the time have been the most intense we've had all year.

If they have separate parts? Yes we can use. And even a Apu can't fit a cpu of 399+ a gpu of 399 for 100-150
Do you think a 2080 Ti costs Nvidia a thousand bucks to make?

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
With the rumoured specs of Lockheart, what would be the better console to play games?
Xbox One X or Lockheart?

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
It still amaze me that after all we've known about the XSX, some are still refusing their crow.

Anyway...

I really don't get that rumor at all. I don't think HBM is as off the table as the peeps who've been wrong all the time think... But why bother if, according to the rumor, the result isn't that far off from what they'd probably get with GDDR6, and it's only 8 gigs out of TWENTY FOUR GIGABYTES!

I've not read any convincing argument as to why this would be a good idea. HBM only makes sense if it's WAY faster than GDDR. A set up where they end up with similar speed but have a lot less memory of said speed...? Nah, I don't see it happening.

Some already mentioned it, but have you missed the Reiner tweets? The meltdowns in the OT at the time have been the most intense we've had all year.

Do you think a 2080 Ti costs Nvidia a thousand bucks to make?

When you can use only 256 MB of texture with virtual texturing it makes sense... And it makes even more sense with a very fast SSD.

Oct 25, 2017

This sums it up rather well.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
AFAIK, Hellblade was not in real time, so I can't imagine they would have bothered with 24p, unless they were looking for "cinematic" crap FPS.

Edit: and the motion looked smooth to me.
Yes, both can't be compared. Hellblade was a cinematic running at probably 30fps and godfall (the gif) was gameplay running at what looked like 60fps. I have being totally indifferent to custcenes since a long time ago. And history tells me that cutscenes in a trailer mean nothing about the game.

Aug 26, 2019
AFAIK, Hellblade was not in real time, so I can't imagine they would have bothered with 24p, unless they were looking for "cinematic" crap FPS.

Edit: and the motion looked smooth to me.
It was real time!
No further details were shared, not even a release date or story details beyond what can be gleaned from the trailer. However, in our exclusive chat with Phil Spencer, we learned this footage was in-engine and running in real-time--implying that the Xbox Series X is one powerful machine. For more coverage on Xbox Series X, check out the rest of our stories in the pinbox below.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hellblade-2-revealed-for-xbox-series-x-continuing-/1100-6472191/

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
Insiders said PS5 GPU was higher in TF, so when Anaconda went from 10 to 12TF the PS5 went up with it.

This thread is pretty embarrassing though tbh. Seems to me that some people are never happy about their brand of choice until it stamps its superiority over its competition.

yes a lot of this going on

Aug 26, 2019
A real-time cutscene running most likely on a 2080ti, like most probably godfall anyways. But at least they showed 60fps gameplay.
Here is an explanation for the trailer from an interview with Phil:
The game is not showing "average gameplay moments," but the "new levels of details, lighting, and rendering techniques" that have not been possible thus far on current-gen hardware, "at least running in real-time." It seems a hint at Xbox Series X's ability to handle ray tracing.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Benching games is literally the best method to determine how two GPUs relate to each other on a power scale. Any other statement is madness. The 5700 XT and 2070 trading blows means what to the discussion exactly? We are comparing the 5700 XT to the RX 580. Did you look at the video I posted? I can link it again if it got lost.

We both know software ray-tracing is trash so the question is disingenuous. We aren't talking about turning ray-traycing on right now.

I also haven't once said that the Series X GPU is only 9TF. I expect an overclocked part which puts it above 10TF. That also lines up with the rumors of 2Ghz+ clocks.
So can you tell me what is the purpose of specifying TFlops if it's useless and means nothing? Are RX580 and 5700XT exactly same architecture with no improvements? I pointed you to two examples of how benching games is all over the place too and depend on game engine etc.

Well if they were comparing performance why wouldn't they include RT since it is physically part of GPU and is a benefit?

Can you explain why for xbox one x they said that it's 4x more powerful than xbox one? Because if you account for everything it's more than 5 times.

I think that their past relevant remarks are more important than some random numbers we can come up with to conclude what they really meant.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haaaa, the Gameinformer editor, now I remember yes, first I believed you were speaking about a forum member and a debate I would have missed. But I would differenciate that from the internal forum aggressiveness between members, it's specifically what I was thinking about and some isolated posts here testify in the same way.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
And because we quickly approach this season I thought I will bring you the

Xbox Series X-mas

UWap7je.png

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
One thing this thread has made clear is that Sony definitely needs to start to drop some controlled leaks. The lack of information makes everyone think that somehow their hardware will be worse for no reason.

A year ago, some said the PS5 would hardly have an SSD because it would be too expensive. Not long after, everyone claimed that its ray tracing wasn't hardware based either. It won't be long before some insider or pastebin shows up saying that Sony has decided to rollback its plans and will now use a updateded version of the Jaguar CPU, and a lot of people will believe.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
Every time one rumor emerges saying either XsX or PS5 is strong another seems to pop from know where saying the other is slightly better.

this Fanboy drama is making this thread unreadable.

I only leak I believe is the one Matt said which was there was a 10% difference between these two and that is nothing serious.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
One thing this thread has made clear is that Sony definitely needs to start to drop some controlled leaks. The lack of information makes everyone think that somehow their hardware will be worse for no reason.

A year ago, some said the PS5 would hardly have an SSD because it would be too expensive. Not long after, everyone claimed that its ray tracing wasn't hardware based either. It won't be long before some insider or pastebin shows up saying that Sony has decided to rollback its plans and will now use a updateded version of the Jaguar CPU, and a lot of people will believe.
The second wired article was specifically to address the scuttlebutt surrounding the first one. Not sure what else they can do. They're going to reveal in just a few months anyway.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017

And why should they care in those cases? In fact, those examples are even a positive for them. It is easier to make people excited when they've lower expectations. They'll reveal the truth anyways, so it doesn't matter if 1 year before launch someone thinks the PS5 will be a 6TF machine or anything like that.

It would be only bad if it is the other way around: everyone expects a 10TF+ machine because of rumours and they are releasing a 8TF thing. In that case they should maybe really use a tactic like that to get people back to reality. ;)

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Please, they dont care about us freaking out/flaming them about this.

So close to reveal anyway, and if there's any PR to be done, it's AFTER it (good or bad)

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
If Series X is not 12TF NAVI, then that also means that Lockhart is likely not 4TF NAVI. Lower than 4TF for Lockhart, a system that is supposed to play next gen games at 1080p -1440p does not seem likely. This to me is the big evidence pointing toward Series X being 12TF NAVI.

Last edited:

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Insiders said PS5 GPU was higher in TF, so when Anaconda went from 10 to 12TF the PS5 went up with it.

This thread is pretty embarrassing though tbh. Seems to me that some people are never happy about their brand of choice until it stamps its superiority over its competition.
It's pretty clear the posters doing this. The thread reads better without them.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
If Series X is not 12TF, then that also means that Lockhart is likely not 4TF. Lower than 4TF for Lockhart, a system that is supposed to play next gen games at 1080p -1440p does not seem likely. This to me is the big evidence pointing toward Series X being 12TF.
Thats a good point, 4TF GCN is PS4 Pro level. i wonder if we will get more leaks of Lockhart soon or even a confirmation finally.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
year ago, some said the PS5 would hardly have an SSD because it would be too expensive. Not long after, everyone claimed that its ray tracing wasn't hardware based either. It won't be long before some insider or pastebin shows up saying that Sony has decided to rollback its plans and will now use a updateded version of the Jaguar CPU, and a lot of people will believe.

Oof. 2.5ghz Jaguar is only capable driving 8TF GPU.

If PS5 was a $399 Jaguar 8TF console Era would have ended. Thank God it's not that timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.