• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
These consoles might launch expensive.
They might have some monthly subscription plan associated with it.

I think Xbox did it before. Like pay £x a month for 12, 18 of 24 months which includes the console and Live/Plus.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
These consoles might launch expensive.
They might have some monthly subscription plan associated with it.

I think Xbox did it before. Like pay £x a month for 12, 18 of 24 months which includes the console and Live/Plus.
That's already live now. My mate is getting the X this year on it then Scarlett next.

Interestingly, now that Lockhart "is back", I wonder if the upgrade is to that instead of Anaconda?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Because Matt and Klee have said there is a small difference between them. At the end of the day it only matters for fanboys arguing.
maybe the difference is not in cpu teraflops there is other part that effect the Performance and make the difference between the two

The same exact specs? I don't see it, one has to be above the other.
i meant the cpu teraflops , i'm sure the SSD and the Spead of ram will be different

i'm sure other specs makes difference in Performance just like the Cpu

ppn7

May 4, 2019
I don't think SSD is a 100% game changer. I mean, ok first party MS game like now forza horizon 4 is only playable with DX12 and officially windows 10, but 3rd party devs will continue to make game for both SSD and HDD low end PC. So ok for the loading time but I don't see any gain for performance

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I am pretty surprised that the new XBox controller has no apparent new features. I am pretty hyped for the DualShock5 controller with it's new force feedback and adaptive triggers. XBox apparently just got an extra button and some small refinements... pretty boring for a next-gen console if you ask me...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think SSD is a 100% game changer. I mean, ok first party MS game like now forza horizon 4 is only playable with DX12 and officially windows 10, but 3rd party devs will continue to make game for both SSD and HDD low end PC. So ok for the loading time but I don't see any gain for performance

does anyone have a breakdown of revenue between console and PC? my guess would be console is a high percentage so publishers would use the lowest common denominator across console as the baseline and then adjust for PC.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I am pretty surprised that the new XBox controller has no apparent new features. I am pretty hyped for the DualShock5 controller with it's new force feedback and adaptive triggers. XBox apparently just got an extra button and some small refinements... pretty boring for a next-gen console if you ask me...
You can't really improve much on perfection though.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Klee also confirmed slightly over 12 NAVI TFLOPS

Does DF not have goood inside sources with MS anymore?
We of course have information across places that is not official - but it is not like we can 100% go on in confirming non publicly verifiable Information not put out by MS. We have to be reasonable and talk about known knowns everybody has access to.
And unfortunately for MS, they worded things in a way toward the public which is ambiguous. Ambiguous at least to my ears and understanding, hence why I said that in the conversation with John.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rumble triggers are already a thing on the Xbox controller.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
and yes they openly talked about power and performance as part of this reveal too. Oh, and this console has a physical form factor that was chosen to be function first to target being a performance leader per Phil Spencer himself.

I know that it is fun to throw shade at the "Xbox PR" talk and such, but they are the ones having no problem openly talking about power out in front of the competition and everyone else.

Note that I am not saying that they will crush the PS5 in performance or anything, just that it is right in front of all our eyes who is speaking about this as shown in the Phil Spencer quote from the Gamespot reveal interview below.

Since we're repeating ourselves, here's again what I replied to your similar post on the old thread.

There's a significant qualifier though...

Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility
They can advertise it as the fastest and most powerful Xbox ever, that sets a bar for everything in relation to their platform family, without being wrong even if a more powerful system would emerge from any of the competitors. It's just plain old marketing speech. Now, if they'd advertise it as "the most powerful next generation console", like PS4 was advertised, it would be a different matter.

Hell, this pic is from the local DigiExpo event in 2013, before the current gen systems were launched.

X1XtUk2.jpg

Translated:
"Xbox One - The best console of new generation on display."

fredriklk

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
Yeah, Sony will. If the Xbox is better, MS will say "most powerful next gen, or in the world", but wont divulge by how much.
If PS5 is higher, MS will still use the "Most Powerful tag, because who is to say those words are literally talking Tflops, and not GPU Power + Power of services (gamepass).
Dont forget dreams, those are powerful too!

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

Were you as bored when from ps2 to ps4 when DS was basically the same across 3 gens as well?

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
xb1 has rumble triggers, PS5 will have rumble triggers, adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.
I know. Is this a competition thing here? The controllers were fine this gen and will be next gen.
I think we had the discussion around the share button, though. Anything you want to add why the lack of it on the current controller means anything?

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
So uh, Series X? Series XX? PS5 Pro? Or Series X and PS5 + RDNA2?

"No console Chip, naming and code number wise. Something for Apple macbook? Would mean/confirm that Apple completly drops Intel as an supplier like they did with NVidia after failing them, but staying on x86. 10nm hitting intel once again. Modems gone, CPU gone and all chances of Apple switching to Intel GPUs are dead."

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

The Series X controller not having full haptic feedback is weird. Sony outright said the tech is old enough that they could've put it in the DS4 that comes with the Pro but decided against it. It's nothing new, and Xbox not including it is really odd. Maybe it's exclusive to their Elite 3 or something.

Dec 8, 2018
Take a look at this video, at around 11:35 he shows Sea of Thieves loading on his Samsung 970 Pro NVME in 23 seconds and claims to have been told by two sources that on Sbox Scarlett it loads in under 5 seconds. This to me also confirms some crazy SSD speeds and actual next gen NVME just as MS claim on their website and what Sony said of being faster than anything on PC currently.

This is getting fucking ridiculous are we using no name youtubers to provide information to us now.

This literally is a misterxmedia thread now.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Xbox Series X is the most powerful console for the next gen i think.

Jason said sony want to make the console as accessible as possible

Series X : 499$
PS5 : 399$
Series S/C : 299/349€

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

GFX 10 Lite second gen? Navi 10 lite between navi 10 and navi 10 "gen 2"? Could this be the "RDNA 1.5" that people were talking about regarding consoles?
EDIT:
Correction, GFX10 just means Navi not navi 10.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox Series X is the most powerful console for the next gen i think.

Jason said sony want to make the console as accessible as possible

Series X : 499$
PS5 : 399$
Series S/C : 299/349€
Jason also said the consoles are very similar. If they are as close as being hinted I think $399 is out of the question.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I just can't see Sony being more powerful after what seems like a sneak attack by Microsoft. It looked like confidence not desperation by showing off at TGAs.
Considering ms just exited preview recently and sent their kits out I doubt anyone really knew they would show at TGA well before
If about two months ago others here and myself here could predict that MS would have to or feel the need to show/unveil their next Xbox before Sony's obvious next year reveal, then I am sure sony could see this coming too.

But it doesn't even matter. Nothing was really revealed. This is more of a mindshare move than an actual reveal. Which is exactly what MS needs to be doing.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox won next gen.
When Xbox attachment rate gets high enough and Xbox no longer needs to overpay for titles for gamepass partnership, we'll see the low gameplay hour single player titles fail finanancially, forcing the devs to move onto persistent gameworld titles, and when that happens, most of them will fail too since gamers have only so much time per day, and at that point we're past the event horizon, and when most of the competition has been weeded out of the industry by gamepass model, microsoft titles can once again look good because less comparisons to go around.
gamepass isn't a tactic to make money for msoft, it's a tactic to make as many game companies go out of business as possible, to make the scene less crowded for msoft to compete with.
gamepass is'nt a cornucopia of good. It's a nuclear bomb.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Xbox won next gen.
When Xbox attachment rate gets high enough and Xbox no longer needs to overpay for titles for gamepass partnership, we'll see the low gameplay hour single player titles fail finanancially, forcing the devs to move onto persistent gameworld titles, and when that happens, most of them will fail too since gamers have only so much time per day, and at that point we're past the event horizon, and when most of the competition has been weeded out of the industry by gamepass model, microsoft titles can once again look good because less comparisons to go around.
gamepass isn't a tactic to make money for msoft, it's a tactic to make as many game companies go out of business as possible, to make the scene less crowded for msoft to compete with.

Oh God, here we go again.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
This is getting fucking ridiculous are we using no name youtubers to provide information to us now.

Dealer is not a no name youtuber though. He doesn't say things unless he's pretty sure. This very video was posted here when he broke the 12TF news.
Then an hour later WC posted their article confirming what he said. So far it seems like MS is control leaking news to people they deem influential to their brand.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox won next gen.
I can't wait to see your brillant analysis confirmed by MS quarterly financial reports. Because after two years and half of Gamepass and three years with the hand on power and price over Sony and Nintendo, their accountants are now forced to use a Pynchon-level of lexical inventivity to make up results of the Xbox division.

Last edited:

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Dealer actually runs the biggest Xbox podcast on YouTube with average numbers higher than even igns podcast unlocked last I heard. Hes at least big enough that Phil knows their podcast by name. That being said I don't think he knows any major inside information that we haven't already heard and a large part of his channel is making Xbox sound like the second coming of Mike Tyson

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Xbox won next gen.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox won next gen.
c07.gif

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Dealer is not a no name youtuber though. He doesn't say things unless he's pretty sure. This very video was posted here when he broke the 12TF news.
Then an hour later WC posted their article confirming what he said. So far it seems like MS is control leaking news to people they deem influential to their brand.

Also that video was posted on the 9th yet is titled as Xbox Series X. Did he leak the name 3 days early and nobody noticed or can the title be edited after the fact?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Dealer actually runs the biggest Xbox podcast on YouTube with average numbers higher than even igns podcast unlocked last I heard. Hes at least big enough that Phil knows their podcast by name. That being said I don't think he knows any major inside information that we haven't already heard and a large part of his channel is making Xbox sound like the second coming of Mike Tyson

He is just Xbox youtuber and fanboy. Same as colteastwood.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Xbox won next gen.
You uhh you forgot the /s .....I hope

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Also that video was posted on the 9th yet is titled as Xbox Series X. Did he leak the name 3 days early and nobody noticed or can the title be edited after the fact?

Seems like you can edit the title because at the time it definitely didn't have the "Xbox Series X" on it. That being said, he posted this video talking about the 12TF before WC ran their article. That's why is weird that DF doubts the 12TF number when you have Dealer, WC, Tom Warren saying the same thing with their own sources. And I'm pretty sure the source is MS themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.