• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
What happened to everyone who was talking about Lockhart holding anything and everything back next gen?
Seems like devs have a pretty good handle on things looking at the options available in Senua.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
My guess is that if the CPU side of the chip is running too cool might as well bump it up.

it's around the knee of the curve. After that you have to up voltage, and power starts to grow exponentially.

D_mJ2PAU4AEJ4Ii

You have to pay up front at best buy?
Pre-auth charge that goes away. GS the only ones I know that actually take payment up front.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
Just a quick thought but while I was amazed at Hellblade 2's visuals, one of the most common criticisms i've saw on the internet and era itself was people being conservative with their hype for the graphics and are waiting for some actual gameplay to be truly impressed.

So I have to ask, Has there ever been a good example of an "in-engine" game footage of a new generation of consoles that's shot-for-shot identical to the games actual gameplay? Or is everything a Ubisoft downgrade.

That's the wisest decision to take until we see more...

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
What happened to everyone who was talking about Lockhart holding anything and everything back next gen?
Seems like devs have a pretty good handle on things looking at the options available in Senua.
Lockhart is not the problem, it's mandating that devs give a shit about it that matters. It can exist if it wants to, but no way in hell should developers require to work on it.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
i actually think that would be a mistake. You split your production lines and most people will buy the cheaper model just like you see with the x and pro. If you wait a year you can probably move 10mil or so series x vs 10mil combined or so with more people wanting the $299 box. I think they wait it out a bit. If x is moving really well I could see them just scrap the s model entirely.
I think that's exactly what they want to happen. At the end of the day it's about market share primarily.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hold up. How do we know it isn't holding it back though?
What if ot could look even better if the devs were told this is the Series X specs, do the best you can with it in this given time.
Niw it's still going to be do the best with 12TFlops/Make sure you scale it to 4TFlops too, in the same amount of time.

The game is gorgeous, but I bet it'd look even more amazing if it was made specifically for one hardware specs in mind. Same for Halo.

No one said Lockhart would give us "ugly games", I think it's going to stop us from seeing Anaconda's, or series X's true colors.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, because that hellblade 2 trailer is no indication of what games will actually look like and we also don't know with certainty if it was made with Lockhart in mind. It looks incredible but, "in engine" trailers have been seen before with disappointment coming later down the road and with games looking nothing like it... Anthem comes to mind (especially inside Fort tarsis).

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Then I will. They have no imagination. We repeat this cycle every gen and they continuously repeat this type of line, refusing to learn. Gets old, quick.
I don't think the leap from PS1 to PS2 ever got recreated to be honest. There does seem to be the wow factor is harder to keep pushing.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
someone who knows anything about the mechanical function of d-pads: does this circle pad style have any correlation to more reliable diagonal input registration? or is every d-pad basically functioning the same under the shell

mohitparty

Oct 29, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
So according to this article, more of Godfall will be show in spring 2020. Might be at a PS5 event?

www.playstationlifestyle.net

How Godfall Takes Advantage of the PS5 Tech and Controller, More About its World and Gameplay - Keith Lee Interview - PlayStation LifeStyle

We talked with Keith Lee from Counterplay Games to find out how Godfall PS5 takes advantage of the next-gen tech and the new controller features. We also learned more about its world and gameplay.

PS5 event seems to be February.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take that as a no. And ya don't know what your talkin about. There is a clear delineation between your weak ass posts and the real contributors.so I would ask you to stop your shit postin. Take it somewhere else please because you are ruining our simple thread.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
My concern:

What if Lochart outsells the higher end box (due to price) by a large margin and third party game developers just focus on Lockhart more and upscale games to Series X (like they do now with Xbox One S to X)? Let's be honest here. If Lochart is say $300 vs $500... people are cheap. Most people will settle for the 1080p box to save $200 and can still play all the new games and Xbox Series X will just start getting upscales. At least from third party developers. The Xbox One X sales pale in comparison to the Xbox One S, for example. People like cheap.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm just speculating so don't jump me here. Just a concern is all. What do you guys think?

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
My concern:

What if Lochart outsells the higher end box (due to price) by a large margin and third party game developers just focus on Lockhart more and upscale games to Series X (like they do now with Xbox One S to X)? Let's be honest here. If Lochart is say $300 vs $500... people are cheap. Most people will settle for the 1080p box to save $200 and can still play all the new games and Xbox Series X will just start getting upscales. At least from third party developers. The Xbox One X sales pale in comparison to the Xbox One S, for example. People like cheap.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm just speculating so don't jump me here. Just a concern is all. What do you guys think?
Developers port either direction, it doesn't matter where they start.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Was bored and made a concept of what I think the PS5 could look like.

Would you guys like the PS5 to look like this?
(the vent is a subtle V shape)
N9U80hW.jpg
This would be a console I would consider as a good design for PS5! Really!
But you could say it is to similar to a Xbox One X.
I think Sony would like to find something to differentiate and signaling next gen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
There's a fantasy that Microsoft will simply use piles of cash to dump hardware at fire sale prices to win the sector- Microsoft has *never* done this. Not with Xbox, not with anything.
I don't see it either, but you're totally wrong in saying they have never done this. It's exactly what they did with the original Xbox. And it was why they discontinued it so quickly when 360 launched, the losses they were making on every sale were huge.

But they were different times.

Jan 20, 2019

And you reach this conclusion base on a cgi trailer?

I have no problem with lockhart existimg, but you should wait, you know, for the actual games.

Status
Not open for further replies.