• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Feels like this thread is about a day or two away from being locked and mods spraying it down with the ban hose again.

Gully Bully

Aug 19, 2019
I don't see who they have that could even create a Forza Horizon competitor, nor would I suggest they waste time trying to make their own, they've got plenty of other IP's to rely on.

What other IPs?

Naughty Dog is the only studio they have that can manage multiple flagship franchises.

Santa Monica only launched one whole game this whole gen???

Honestly they need to let Insomniac make a Borderlands killer at least. That's what Insomniac's dev team in North Carolina could be working on and nail it cuz of that southern culture. Spiderman is still good for their Burbank studio.

But yeah, Sony needs to tell the people who make Gran Turismo and Driveclub to just hang it up and tag team a Forza Horizon killer together for real.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
p14459_v_v8_aa.jpg

insert PS5

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, huge respect to those that really questioned the github info.

Some really eye opening posts the past few days. Huge respect for not really taking the bait and keeping at it.

So... why the hell did we just waste days squabbling over specs for what was almost certainly an outdated devkit that's a low speed version of the PS5???
I'm glad to see we've moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything.
The battle took too long and caused many casualties sadly.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, it's the tech specs of a fucking toy. I can't even imagine being so pathetic as to launch any sort of "concerted effort" related to them.

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

This is supposed to be fun. It's a hobby. It doesn't really matter.
No need to get so aggressive ... just people speculating. Don't take it personal.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
This thread man...

Someone please leak some more next gen game footage for everyone to fawn over. We saw that Hogwarts game a while back, but I want more. Need that glimpse of Knack 3 or Ultimate Viva Piñata vs Killer Instinct.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think this thread will make it to the PS5 reveal. (the thread as a whole not this OT #)

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Ok so if oberon is just old devkit only simulating real and more powerful final specs why they use high clocked 36cu and not high clocked 40 ?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This thread man...

Someone please leak some more next gen game footage for everyone to fawn over. We saw that Hogwarts game a while back, but I want more. Need that glimpse of Knack 3 or Ultimate Viva Piñata vs Killer Instinct.

Eevn if those happen, people will still be in doubt and call it fake or pre-rendered or CGI (just like Hellblade 2 that they forgot so quickly) and say this is not representative of next-gen and wil go back to speculating about how next-gen games won't look better than current-gen games with better settings.

Edit:

Did you guys not watch the Halo Infinite trailer?

Well here it is. People consider Halo Infinite reprsentative of next-gen and forget the real deal with Hellblade 2.
I saw how many consider PS5 level to be no more than Godfall too.

You will all be amazed and probably in doubt again when real next-gen games are revealed. XD

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
this thread is like watching a volcano constantly erupt in reverse

a reveal event is what this thread desperately needs lol

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
No need to get so aggressive ... just people speculating. No need to take it personal.
That's not me being aggressive. That's me being profoundly disappointed and sad at the state of discourse here.

Because, while I genuinely don't care which plastic box will make shinier grass, I do care about this community.

This should be a fun thread full of wonder about the possibilities for the future. Not two camps who alternate acting unduly superior because the toy they had absolutly no hand in creating is "more powerful" than some other toy.

Do better. Please.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Did you guys not watch the Halo Infinite trailer?
But HI doesn't look next gen

Eevn if those happen, people will still be in doubt and call it fake or pre-rendered or CGI (just like Hellblade 2 that they forgot so quickly) and say this is not representative of next-gen and wil go back to speculating about how next-gen games won't look better than current-gen games with better settings.
Perhaps, but not me. I think the Hellblade 2 video will be largely representative of real-time cinematics, and I don't think gameplay will look too far off.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
After the xbox series x reveal out of nowhere, you just never know

Thank you, that's what I was exactly saying to People. MS did something unconventional when it comes to Hardware reveals. Doing it out of nowhere was a cool thing to do. Let's see what Sony does. I mean with all the tech you're going to show at CES, PS5 wouldn't be at least talked about?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
How can you say it's irrelevant if official ps5 specs haven't been revealed. Or is that what you are hoping for.
We can't say anything at this point except maybe that those test results are confirmed to be real for those chips listed in the dataset, but who knows what those chips are used for and if they will be used in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.