• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Which public figures are we talking about? Albert Penello? Phil Spencer? Larry Hyrb? There seems to be many accusations of Xbox execs, past and present, being liars on boards like this all the time with no offense taken by very man, but now when someone points out that something seems off and non-committal regarding PS5's ray tracing support with respect to recent information we've received, people suddenly have a moral objection to not taking what an executive says at face value?

Hell, Phil Spencer has all but confirmed 12TF RDNA minimum for Xbox Series X in more ways than one, and so many in here continue to state that he's misleading about GCN flops and can't possibly mean RDNA flops. How's that for a double standard?
Please stop constructing ridiculous conspiracies. No one with any sense gives a single fuck about what company an executive works for, or views themselves on a "side" in some infantile war between consoles.

The general behavior in this thread has been abhorrent, and I'm sick of it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Dec 8, 2018
phil.jpg

Yes AMD will be there that is not exactly anything new.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
When you start accusing public figures of bold-faced lies, it's time to take a step back and reevaluate your approach to this conversation.
I appreciate you doing this. It was sorely needed in this catastrophe.

I just hope this moderation is consistent next time someone excuses Phil or other Xbox execs of lying about RDNA, 12TF, etc!

Consistency in moderation is key to a healthy thread, especially this one so we can get back to actually interesting and grounded discussion. I'm sure the last thing you want to do is babysit on holiday week. Thanks for stopping by.

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
What are these buttons for? What will be the use for them?
I guess we don't know that yet. But I'm assuming they'll be re-programmable buttons, like the recently announced back button attachment does. Or they may be all new buttons that developers can use as they wish. For example, in shooters, developers should map jump/slide/duck to the rear buttons so you don't have to take your thumbs off the sticks while doing those actions.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Suddenly insiders aren't useful anymore (to some people).

Jason said both are above 10.75 TF and we're getting very powerful machines.
Matt said they're pretty much the same.
Klee said the same thing as Matt.
Shinobi also hinted that both are very powerful.

But hey, let's keep rolling with the 9.2 TF PS5 vs 12 TF XSX if it makes some people happy.

Couple of things:

1) 9.2 is still very powerful
2) 9.2 makes sense given many speculating the Series X might be 9-10TF RDNA
3) It would technically mean they are both close

As others have stated. Phil would have chosen his words carefully. He never said "Double the Teraflops". He said "Double the performance". So I can understand the argument that it's not 12TF.

I don't personally agree it won't be 12TF, but I can totally understand the argument. I just doubt they'd go with the form factor they have unless they put some ridiculous shit in there. That form factor was chosen for a very specific reason.

minato

Oct 27, 2017
Lockhart is 4TF. It's primarily a 1080/1440p box with an SSD and a much stronger CPU. It doesn't need to be significantly stronger for its purpose.
But it would also need to be backwards compatible to the 1x which would mean it's probably 4.6 or so TF. I just don't think MS would be using that huge PC form factor for around 9 TF of power they could easily be a much smaller box imo.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I do not understand why Matt's post is immediately taken by so many as being about Cerny and hardware ray-tracing. The discussion was trending towards Sony coming up with their own system for it, not that Cerny was a liar.

Your point? This is literally someone saying others were saying he's lying about HW RT without quoting those people.
I know emotions are high or whatever over these plastic boxes but is it worth being an ass about?

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Platform Warring Over Multiple Posts; History of Similar Behavior
Hey Matt. This thread... has gone to hell and back.

Because more accurate, detailed information came out and people are twisting themselves into pretzels to explain it away rather than simply assume it's old and dated.
Please stop constructing ridiculous conspiracies. No one with any sense gives a single fuck about what company an executive works for, or views themselfs on a "side" in some infantile war between consoles.

The general behavior in this thread has been abhorrent, and I'm sick of it.

Listen Matt, all you need are eyes. You've never seen blatant, outright disrespect for Xbox execs and employees at a level you don't ordinarily see for Sony execs on both this forum and the previous one? It seems the mere suggestion has struck a nerve, but I'm just keeping it real with you if nobody else is willing to. And if you're being honest with yourself, you know full well it's not a made up conspiracy theory. It's the reality of the situation we are in at this very moment. My opinion, feel free to think as you like.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
So guys and gals is news about Sony has a unique Ray tracing solution and not using AMDs solution is this news old?

Edit: nevermind.

ppn7

May 4, 2019
I think most are getting it out early a few are still at the beginning stages. At the end of the day 9.2.tfs zen 2 for 399-449 is a good piece of hardware
9,2Tf with Hw RT VS 12TF without RT

Which one do you choose for the same price ? Ok we all know here we gonna get RT on both console. But ok if 9,2TF is what we get, it's still 2X the one X GPU. Enough for 1st party game, maybe not enough for 4K/60fps native.

The only thing I'm scared about is if you look closely one X vs Pro TFs, on RDR2 you can see drop on Pro but smooth 30fps on One X.

If Ps5 is really 9TF and XSX 12TF, I'm afraid to see same thing on 3rd party game, more enjoyable on XSX with frame rate.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I appreciate you doing this. It was sorely needed in this catastrophe.

I just hope this moderation is consistent next time someone excuses Phil or other Xbox execs of lying about RDNA, 12TF, etc!

Consistency in moderation is key to a healthy thread
When that happens, report it. There isn't a lack of consistency in moderation on this topic, because we're adults who genuinely don't care about sides in this pathetic schoolyard fight.
Because more accurate, detailed information came out and people are twisting themselves into pretzels to explain it away rather than simply assume it's old and dated.

Listen Matt, all you need are eyes. You've never seen blatant, outright disrespect for Xbox execs and employees at a level you don't ordinarily see for Sony execs on both this forum and the previous one? It seems the mere suggestion has struck a nerve, but I'm just keeping it real with you if nobody else is willing to. And if you're being honest with yourself, you know full well it's not a made up conspiracy theory. It's the reality of the situation we are in at this very moment. My opinion, feel free to think as you like.
And to a hammer, every problem is a nail. Report violations of this forum's rules and they will be acted on.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
The numbers are 6 and 12, to the average consumer that is twice as much. Breaking down GCN vs RDNA is something for tech heads. It's basic marketing, keep it simple. They pushed the 6 tflops number before, the new system is 12 so they say "twice as powerful" because the mass market will understand that.
the info leaking doesn't reach the average consumer. And if it does, why say 2x and not 2.5 times more powerful?
Seems intentional to confuse and generate talk rather than give an exact picture, especially when the ones saying 12rdna are not MS themselves, so if it ends being 12GCN they don't are the ones that were lying.
In fact knowing that the hardcore will dissectionate all info not giving exact details is the clue here, if it is 12 rdna just say it.
In the end this is not as simple as you say. This is MS in full marketing for a while, and marketing is vague or precise when needed.

Nov 11, 2017
When that happens, report it. There isn't a lack of consistency in moderation on this topic, because we're adults who genuinely don't care about sides in this pathetic schoolyard fight.

And to a hammer, every problem is a nail. Report violations of this forum's rules and they will be acted on.
Tbf matt we had a mod threatening to ban people over a data mined source yesterday.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Suddenly insiders aren't useful anymore (to some people).

Jason said both are above 10.75 TF and we're getting very powerful machines.
Matt said they're pretty much the same.
Klee said the same thing as Matt.
Shinobi also hinted that both are very powerful.

But hey, let's keep rolling with the 9.2 TF PS5 vs 12 TF XSX if it makes some people happy.
Like seriously. The hell is that shit. If X series it's really around 12 TF it's guaranteed ps5 will follow the same fate. Sony have already stated to point out to the best hardware possible. There won't be 3 TF of difference with the same year of release. Only fanboy can think it.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
The weird thing about this is that it's a DS4 with extra buttons, while the DS5 patent had no rear buttons. So I don't know what the point of a new DS4 is when they've already announced that two-button accessory.

If it's supposed to be compatible with PS5 (let's say for PSVR games, which is weird, the old controller could just work) why add a feature that DS5 doesn't have?

ppn7

May 4, 2019
By the way, just a question about optimization.

If we take RDR2 analysis on PS4 Pro or Days Gone. It seems there are some stuttering in some place right ? Do you think new API with VRS could help to patch quickly some of those stuttering ?

I mean sometimes these are just about texture of deep of field. I hope we can get enhancements on frame rate because on some games I think it just impossible for dev to get anything better

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
9,2Tf with Hw RT VS 12TF without RT

Which one do you choose for the same price ? Ok we all know here we gonna get RT on both console. But ok if 9,2TF is what we get, it's still 2X the one X GPU. Enough for 1st party game, maybe not enough for 4K/60fps native.

The only thing I'm scared about is if you look closely one X vs Pro TFs, on RDR2 you can see drop on Pro but smooth 30fps on One X.

If Ps5 is really 9TF and XSX 12TF, I'm afraid to see same thing on 3rd party game, more enjoyable on XSX with frame rate.
Why would the PS5 be 9 and the X 12? I'm seriously asking. Did something new on performance revealed?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, just a question about optimization.

If we take RDR2 analysis on PS4 Pro or Days Gone. It seems there are some stuttering in some place right ? Do you think new API with VRS could help to patch quickly some of those stuttering ?

I mean sometimes these are just about texture of deep of field. I hope we can get enhancements on frame rate because on some games I think it just impossible for dev to get anything better
think the SSD and CPU would help most in that.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
that's not what he implied?
I'm laughing at the absolute belief that there is no way Microsoft would be able to put out more powerful hardware.
For what it's worth, I do think the PS5 will be more powerful, but the idea that Microsoft, of all the companies that exist in the world, can't put out hardware more powerful than Sony's no matter what, is absurdly funny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.