• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing other users; Abuse of the report system
We back to the 8TF guys!

Sony's luck is finally over

Looks like Xbox series X is the power king.. 🤔
Pack it up. All hope is lost. Microsoft should have called it Xbox won X
Collecting all these together to simplify reporting for other members.

edit: it doesn't matter if they are jokes. I was warned for a similar joke, and Colbert was banned.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Gladius? That's new.

Arden = Xbox Series X
Sparkman = Lockhart

I forgot what is what for the PS5.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I still think we are looking at prices like this.

299 for Lockhart
399 for PS5 (499 of it is close to Sexbox power)
499 for Sexbox but I think 599 is totally possible if not likely.

I have more disposable income so I'm in on the powerful versions of whatever console comes out but let's not underestimate how important these price tags are.

A reasonably powerful PS5 at 399 with some bells and whistles is an easy sell for millions and millions of gamers.

A range of 299 for Lockhart and 499/599 for Sexbox is interesting and may actually be a great idea if Lockhart doesn't have a compromising effect like some think it might.

I hate to sound too positive but next gen sounds awesome. The industry is in a really strong place .

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Sony could probably do $399 if it wasn't for the SSD, that alone is going to make them aim for $499, maybe $449.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I know this isn't going to get read but still feel the need to post.

The technical details in this reveal are almost all already known. Ariel and Oberon were known to be Navi 10, so there was already a 40 CU ceiling. The clock speeds were all already previously revealed by Komachi. The memory speed is new information, but not the total or bus size.

If you believe the PS5 to have hardware RT and VRS, Ariel and Oberon are not reflective of final hardware. Sony has already confirmed hardware RT, so this can't be final hardware. The lettered steppings are bug fixes and small changes. They can't be architectural changes, by definition.
Thank you. I knew I wasn't crazy when I asked why everyone are going crazy over those tweets. Everything in those tweets had been speculated on in this thread all year long. There was nothing in those tweets that was radically different from what people in this thread has been speculating about for Oberon/Ariel for a long while now. And that's including the 36/40 CU count.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't going to get read but still feel the need to post.

The technical details in this reveal are almost all already known. Ariel and Oberon were known to be Navi 10, so there was already a 40 CU ceiling. The clock speeds were all already previously revealed by Komachi. The memory speed is new information, but not the total or bus size.

If you believe the PS5 to have hardware RT and VRS, Ariel and Oberon are not reflective of final hardware. Sony has already confirmed hardware RT, so this can't be final hardware. The lettered steppings are bug fixes and small changes. They can't be architectural changes, by definition.
I'm of the same mind and I was wondering when someone would point it out. If there are multiple kits leading up to launch, it could be info pertaining to any of them. Zhuge even mentioned another version coming Summer 2020. Why this is automatically being assumed to be what will be in final retail versions is beyond me.

All I know is that I'd avoid the "told ya so" and "I said this a while back" stuff. This is old info that doesn't confirm much of anything.
gk3zbEE.gif

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
i am pretty sure they were just kidding and mocking the tweets and the latest hysteria around 9 tflops instead of system warring.
Damn chill lol I'm team hbm 12tf plus. I'm just making a little fun. Relax
I was warned and Colbert was banned for joke posts. I know not all of these are facetious, and in a thread this fast paced, it becomes hard to differentiate and ends up feeding the concept people are mocking.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So you are trying to get people banned for saying Xbox is more powerful in a speculation thread? Do you not see anything wrong with that?

I wouldn't say that's an accurate characterization of some of those posts that he or she quoted. You can think what you want, but the discourse tends to get toxic when posts like that are made and people push this narrative that doesn't seem to have a lot to support it at the present time.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize there was a dual console rumor for the PS5. Thought that was mostly MS' strategy for the next gen consoles.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
PS4 APU = Liverpool iirc
Orbis = PS4 codename (whole system)
Neo = PS4 pro codename (whole system)
Morpheus = PSVR

AGE2019

May 5, 2019
No, they really aren't. Not 12TF RDNA.
People will never understand that. We don't have a confirmation of 12 tflops. It is not official but a few guys here keep repeating is official.

When Digital Foundry practically posts a retraction (after getting in contact with MS) on their original statement of it possibly being 12GCN TF's and writes a new article stating its going to be 12 Navi TF's then yea its all but confirmed. Only reason its not official is because MS have not made all the Specs public yet.
If you don't believe DF though Game Spot also interviewed Phil Spencer and in their article it states XSX is 12 Navi flops TF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.